sarah&rob

Rob arrived yesterday

8 posts in this topic

Well Rob flew in yesterday to Newark from Manchester airport. He was through Customs & Border Patrol rather quickly. He told me the guy who took his papers was rude, but after he told me what the guy said to him I'm sure he just took it the wrong way (which he does sometimes). Apparently the guy told him he shouldnt be coming to the US to get married and should go somewhere else, but I'm thinking he was joking around considering the current state of the country and all...

I only live about 25-30 minutes from Newark Airport so I just told him to text me when they allowed electronic device use once the plane reached the gate. Figured I'd have time to spare by the time I got there, yet when I walked into the waiting area he was already there waiting for me!

It seems crazy to me how quickly this has all gone, and now I have to get used to the fact that he is right now sitting back at my house instead of all the way across the ocean and I dont have to sneak on MSN at work to talk to him :blush::whistle:

I am completely looking forward to October :)

Sarahusaukflag.jpgRobbie

Our ROC Journey

Feb 23, 2011: ROC packet sent to VSC

Feb 24, 2011: Packet rec'd at VSC

Feb 25, 2011: NOA date

Mar 04, 2011: Rec'd NOA dated 2/25

Mar 18, 2011: Rec'd Biometrics Appt letter

Apr 08, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

Aug 26, 2011: Approval letter rec'd dated 8/22

Well Rob flew in yesterday to Newark from Manchester airport. He was through Customs & Border Patrol rather quickly. He told me the guy who took his papers was rude, but after he told me what the guy said to him I'm sure he just took it the wrong way (which he does sometimes). Apparently the guy told him he shouldnt be coming to the US to get married and should go somewhere else, but I'm thinking he was joking around considering the current state of the country and all...

I only live about 25-30 minutes from Newark Airport so I just told him to text me when they allowed electronic device use once the plane reached the gate. Figured I'd have time to spare by the time I got there, yet when I walked into the waiting area he was already there waiting for me!

It seems crazy to me how quickly this has all gone, and now I have to get used to the fact that he is right now sitting back at my house instead of all the way across the ocean and I dont have to sneak on MSN at work to talk to him :blush::whistle:

It's great having him home, isn't it...I still pinch myself to see if it's a dream!

I wish I was having my wedding on October 31st, my favourite holiday!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats on your fiance finally arriving safely! You must be so relieved that part of the process is over with! I'm also in NJ down near New Brunswick. My husband and I just happened to be at Newark yesterday as well flying back from Toronto. Its always nerve-racking going through customs during this process but they let him through just fine.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

I-130 Time Line:

Sent : 2/6/2008

NOA1 : 2/20/2008

Touch: 5/5/2008

NOA2: 8/10/2008

Touch: 8/11/2008

Touch: 8/12/2008

Received NOA2 Hardcopy: 8/14/2008

I-129F Time Line:

I-129F Sent : 2/21/2008

I-129F NOA1 : 2/28/2008

Touch: 3/13/2008

NOA2: 8/10/2008

Touch: 8/11/2008

Touch: 8/12/2008

Received NOA2 Hardcopy: 8/14/2008

NVC Received: 8/18/2008

Packet 3 Received: 8/26/2008

Packet 3 Sent off: 9/9/2008

Medical Exam: 9/26/2008

Interview: 10/20/2008 - APPROVED!

ticker.png

Congrats and godspeed on the rest of journey

CHEERS

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

It's great having him home, isn't it...I still pinch myself to see if it's a dream!

It's going to take some getting used to, but I'm sure that won't take long at all. Just need a new routine hehe

Rather than sneaking on MSN at work, if i want to talk to him all i have to do is call my own house and instead of going home and plopping down on the bed and picking up the phone, i get to plop down on the bed and have him right there next to me.

We're going to vegas and getting married by Elvis on halloween cause its our fav holiday too and then next year we're going to have a more traditional ceremony so my whole family and hopefully his if they can stand to fly (his mum is afraid) can be a part of it.

Edited by sarahs

Sarahusaukflag.jpgRobbie

Our ROC Journey

Feb 23, 2011: ROC packet sent to VSC

Feb 24, 2011: Packet rec'd at VSC

Feb 25, 2011: NOA date

Mar 04, 2011: Rec'd NOA dated 2/25

Mar 18, 2011: Rec'd Biometrics Appt letter

Apr 08, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

Aug 26, 2011: Approval letter rec'd dated 8/22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What a great feeling it must be! Congratulations

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's going to take some getting used to, but I'm sure that won't take long at all. Just need a new routine hehe

Rather than sneaking on MSN at work, if i want to talk to him all i have to do is call my own house and instead of going home and plopping down on the bed and picking up the phone, i get to plop down on the bed and have him right there next to me.

We're going to vegas and getting married by Elvis on halloween cause its our fav holiday too and then next year we're going to have a more traditional ceremony so my whole family and hopefully his if they can stand to fly (his mum is afraid) can be a part of it.

I personally would have chosen Liberace with his mirrored piano and the candleabra :lol::P;)

wtf-picard.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.