tedjen

NSO documents

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! This is the first topic, which I initiated (don't know if there's similar to this but anyway...)

I'm wondering if during the USEM interview, documents such as birth and marriage certificates from NSO need to be "new" (not later than 6 months) as they say there's a validity (?) of the said issued docs... I have 2 copies of each docs with me, though I got my birth certificate last year and marriage certificate this May. Reason why I got 2 copies of my birth certificate because every time I need to get a copy of this I should go to the NSO main (coz my birth cert has annotation--corrected typo) and when you will get NSO docs here you will go back after 1 or 2 weeks to pick up but when I go back to get it most often they ask me to go to NSO EDSA (after waiting for hours in NSO main--take note: from 12pm to 7pm)..

My question is if I won't get "new" copy of birth certificate and marriage certificate will have any problem? I'm thinking they won't mind it because applicants are paying document verification and isn't the purpose of this is to verify these NSO documents? Are those pre-screeners and/or consuls scrutinize these birth/marriage certs and if they are not "new" (since there's a paper color coding, if i'm not mistaken, but this changes every month?) will create delays?

And if I get these documents, I don't know what month or date should I get since were still waiting for NOA2 (sorry if this questions are too early to ask but I want to know as early as now so I know when to start gathering these things).

Your answer are greatly appreciated, thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys! This is the first topic, which I initiated (don't know if there's similar to this but anyway...)

I'm wondering if during the USEM interview, documents such as birth and marriage certificates from NSO need to be "new" (not later than 6 months) as they say there's a validity (?) of the said issued docs... I have 2 copies of each docs with me, though I got my birth certificate last year and marriage certificate this May. Reason why I got 2 copies of my birth certificate because every time I need to get a copy of this I should go to the NSO main (coz my birth cert has annotation--corrected typo) and when you will get NSO docs here you will go back after 1 or 2 weeks to pick up but when I go back to get it most often they ask me to go to NSO EDSA (after waiting for hours in NSO main--take note: from 12pm to 7pm)..

My question is if I won't get "new" copy of birth certificate and marriage certificate will have any problem? I'm thinking they won't mind it because applicants are paying document verification and isn't the purpose of this is to verify these NSO documents? Are those pre-screeners and/or consuls scrutinize these birth/marriage certs and if they are not "new" (since there's a paper color coding, if i'm not mistaken, but this changes every month?) will create delays?

And if I get these documents, I don't know what month or date should I get since were still waiting for NOA2 (sorry if this questions are too early to ask but I want to know as early as now so I know when to start gathering these things).

I think you answered your question. I think you are right since you are going to pay for verification of dox. the Birth certificate I used for my interview was the same date when my fiance now my husband applied for my k1 visa. I didn;t hear any case that the pre-screener scrutinize the dox, they will ask for it and if they need to verify it, i think they will put ur case on Administrative Review or something..I believe also that since NVC approved your application it will be easy on the USEM to approve it..just be confident on your interview..I think the main concern is you can really prove that the relationship is genuine and your fiance can take care of you particularly financially when you get to US..goodluck..maybe other member has a better insight on your case..

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

Timeline

I think you answered your question. I think you are right since you are going to pay for verification of dox. the Birth certificate I used for my interview was the same date when my fiance now my husband applied for my k1 visa. I didn;t hear any case that the pre-screener scrutinize the dox, they will ask for it and if they need to verify it, i think they will put ur case on Administrative Review or something..I believe also that since NVC approved your application it will be easy on the USEM to approve it..just be confident on your interview..I think the main concern is you can really prove that the relationship is genuine and your fiance can take care of you particularly financially when you get to US..goodluck..maybe other member has a better insight on your case..

Thanks for the reply :)

If there's a rules regarding expiring our birth or marriage certificate I guess those documents will spoil. :whistle:

Bottomline it's a GOOD idea to get at least 3 Certified original copies of ANY documents relating to your case. You "may" need such not only for the interview but for other things in the US.

Lot easier to do when you are still in the Philippines.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

BC and MC don't have an expiry dates, only CENOMAR and the NBI clearance needs to be at least less than 6 months (if possible) during the interview. Since you have annotated documents, I suggest you get at least 5 copies since you may be needing this for future use (like adjustment of status since on your profile, you're on a K-visa).

I have annotations on my BC and I can only get this at the NSO Office in Vibal Bldg. Corrected/annotated documents according to Ms. Hufana (the one's who signs the documents) at NSO will probably be in their data base after about 5 years (or even longer), so I requested for 5 copies of my BC, just to be on the safe side and I don't have to travel there or request my family to go there just for these documents.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Timeline
BC and MC don't have an expiry dates, only CENOMAR and the NBI clearance needs to be at least less than 6 months (if possible) during the interview. Since you have annotated documents, I suggest you get at least 5 copies since you may be needing this for future use (like adjustment of status since on your profile, you're on a K-visa).

I have annotations on my BC and I can only get this at the NSO Office in Vibal Bldg. Corrected/annotated documents according to Ms. Hufana (the one's who signs the documents) at NSO will probably be in their data base after about 5 years (or even longer), so I requested for 5 copies of my BC, just to be on the safe side and I don't have to travel there or request my family to go there just for these documents.

Wow thanks... actually, the expiration they're saying is the paper (coding) from NSO... 6 months as they say but IMO since there's a DV and you will pay for it, no need to get a new copy for this to show them (unless you don't really have one)...

Anyway, thanks for telling me to get more copies... Actually, we have same situation, the annotation on our BC makes the paper works harder because I need to go to NSO east ave every time I need it. That's why I got 2 but since you said you got 5, I guess I need to get more :P

Thanks!

Hi,

Just want to clarify...what do you mean by annotation on the BC?

Annotation in BC / MC means if you legal corrections in these documents NSO Secpa has this annotation in your document.

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Thanks..

I already have my SECPA...and it is an exact copy of my BC on my fathers's handwriting. I have a 'Late Registration' written on my original BC which also shows on my SECPA. I wonder if this 'Late registration' comment will cause a delay or a problem later???

Timeline
Thanks..

I already have my SECPA...and it is an exact copy of my BC on my fathers's handwriting. I have a 'Late Registration' written on my original BC which also shows on my SECPA. I wonder if this 'Late registration' comment will cause a delay or a problem later???

I'm not so sure but I guess I have read this from one of the threads that late registration put her in DV after the interview... but should not worry coz 2-3 weeks of waiting til the visa arrives is not a pain anymore (we have been waiting for months!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! You dont have to worry about your BC and your MC. Good thing you have more copies with you. You will need your originals in the US when you apply for your Social Security (they will just look at it). USEM will still conduct a document verification thru NSO and that is the pain in the ###.....Have you check things out with DELBROS for the document verification fee and procedures? Better do.....I've been through it and it sucks!!!!!! Good luck to your journey.

Thanks..

I'm not so sure but I guess I have read this from one of the threads that late registration put her in DV after the interview... but should not worry coz 2-3 weeks of waiting til the visa arrives is not a pain anymore (we have been waiting for months!)

Late registration can cause problems. Firiend of mine was on AR for 3 months until she submitted evidence showing she is who her BC says she is.

My wife was late registered also so she got the evidence BEFORE the interview and had it with her. She didn't have any problems.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Hi Haole,

What evidence did your wife gather to support the 'late registration'? Please advice. I am planning to gather it as early as now. Thank you in advance..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.