tzeksman

interview guides? for CR-1 just for the hell of it!!

11 posts in this topic

hey all my wife will have her interview on the 17th...anyways is there a CR1 guide or is the interview basically the same as the others .....i kinda know what to expect but if there is a guide or some post with good info id like to share them with my beautiful wife before then.....im pretty sure we have everyting in order but ya know as it gets closer we get more nervous anyways we are prob just acting crazy anyways i appreciate ur responses

Married :...................06-09-2007

I-130 Sent : ..............11-03-2007

I-130 recieved:...........11-05-2007

NOA 1:.......................02-07-2008

I-130 Approved :.........03-13-2008

NVC Received :...........03-27-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :...04-15-2008

Paid I-864 Fee Bill:.....................04-18-2008

IV Fee Bill Generated:.................05-05-2008

IV Fee Bill Recieved:...................05-10-2008

IV Fee paid mailed USPS Xpress:.05-12-2008

Recieved AOS letter:...................05-15-2008

Sent AOS packet to NVC:..............05-20-2008

DS230 paket generated:..............06-02-2008

DS230 packet recieved:...............06-19-2008

DS230 sent to NVC:.....................06-27-2008

DS230 recieved by NVC:..............06-30-2008...................."It's all up to them now"

Case completed at NVC:...............07-09-2008...................."Thank you God"

Sons CRBA interview and approval at USE Manila............7-09-08

SLEC medical completed........9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 9-10-07......yes those lazys at SLEC took 4 days!!!!

Interview USE Manilla.................09-17-2008 APPROVED!!

VISA DELIVERED..........................09-19-2008

I FLY to fetch my family.................10-13-2008

We Fly back as a family FINALLY.....10-24-2008

P1011144-1.jpgP1010098-1.jpg1thumb.jpgP1010448.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hey all my wife will have her interview on the 17th...anyways is there a CR1 guide or is the interview basically the same as the others .....i kinda know what to expect but if there is a guide or some post with good info id like to share them with my beautiful wife before then.....im pretty sure we have everyting in order but ya know as it gets closer we get more nervous anyways we are prob just acting crazy anyways i appreciate ur responses

She'll be fine Im sure..I haven't heard any denial CR/IR-1 cases..She will be in our prayers!!!

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

She'll be fine Im sure..I haven't heard any denial CR/IR-1 cases..She will be in our prayers!!!

hey tzeksman,

From reading previous posts on this site i have read that some of the questions that they will ask are:

-who is your petitioner

-what is your relationship to your petitioner

-How did u guys meet?

-When did u guys meet?

-how many times did he/she (petitioner) visit

-the dates of arrival and departure

also, i know exactly how u feel because my wife has an interview date on the 17th as well. but can i ask u a question, did your wife pay for the data verification fee?

Hello!! Im here in the US now and we had CR1.Anyways,im sure your wife will fine on her Interview.Just let her bring the neccessary documents that are required and answer the questions correctly and honestly..they'll ask her most questions that varries on your relationship.Dont forget to Pray and tell her not to get nervous,ok...She'll be fine..If others can,then there's no way your wife cant too,ok...By the way,had she paid document verification fee?I had my Interview July 30,2008 and got my VISA after 9 days then got here in the US August 25..GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!!! everyone will be Praying for you..

Hello!! Im here in the US now and we had CR1.Anyways,im sure your wife will fine on her Interview.Just let her bring the neccessary documents that are required and answer the questions correctly and honestly..they'll ask her most questions that varries on your relationship.Dont forget to Pray and tell her not to get nervous,ok...She'll be fine..If others can,then there's no way your wife cant too,ok...By the way,had she paid document verification fee?I had my Interview July 30,2008 and got my VISA after 9 days then got here in the US August 25..GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!!! everyone will be Praying for you..

hey lehman24,

did u have to pay for data verification fee. is it mandatory? my wife also has an interview on the 17th but did not pay for it yet...i hope this will not delay anything.

All are pretty much the same. They normally ask how many times you've met and how long you stayed. A few personnal questions about you such as why you divorced in previous marriages if applicable. Dogs, cats, and relatives ages and names etc.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

hey lehman24,

did u have to pay for data verification fee. is it mandatory? my wife also has an interview on the 17th but did not pay for it yet...i hope this will not delay anything.

GOOD chance her visa will be delayed if she hasn't paid the DV fee yet. General concensus it's best to do so about a month before interview.

Document Verification Fee:

Applicants whose visa eligibility is dependent upon their marital status (i.e. K-1, K-3, CR-1, IR-1, F-1 and F2-B categories) will normally need to have their documents verified through the National Statistics Office (NSO) before the U.S. Embassy in Manila can issue the visa. Those with a delayed birth or death certificate or only local civil registrar copies of such documents may need to have their documents verified.

In order to avoid unnecessary delay in the visa issuance process, the U.S. Embassy in Manila strongly encourages applicants in the categories mentioned above to pay the document verification fee prior to their immigrant visa interview. Payment can be made through any Metrobank location. The cost of the document verification is PhP 650 per applicant. For specific instructions on how to pay the document verification fee, please click here. If you are unable to pay for the document verification before your immigrant visa interview, you may be asked to pay the fee on the day of your interview. Please note that if you pay on the day of your interview, there will be a delay of one to two weeks in the processing of your application.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3220.html

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

hey lehman24,

GOOD chance her visa will be delayed if she hasn't paid the DV fee yet. General concensus it's best to do so about a month before interview.

Document Verification Fee:

Applicants whose visa eligibility is dependent upon their marital status (i.e. K-1, K-3, CR-1, IR-1, F-1 and F2-B categories) will normally need to have their documents verified through the National Statistics Office (NSO) before the U.S. Embassy in Manila can issue the visa. Those with a delayed birth or death certificate or only local civil registrar copies of such documents may need to have their documents verified.

In order to avoid unnecessary delay in the visa issuance process, the U.S. Embassy in Manila strongly encourages applicants in the categories mentioned above to pay the document verification fee prior to their immigrant visa interview. Payment can be made through any Metrobank location. The cost of the document verification is PhP 650 per applicant. For specific instructions on how to pay the document verification fee, please click here. If you are unable to pay for the document verification before your immigrant visa interview, you may be asked to pay the fee on the day of your interview. Please note that if you pay on the day of your interview, there will be a delay of one to two weeks in the processing of your application.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3220.html

hey haole...thanks for the info...but as far as being delayed because of this reason..how long do you think it will be. The reason i asked is because i plan on buying her plane ticket about the last week of Oct.... 17Sep will be her interview...about six weeks window..do u think that's enough time of getting her visa?

hey lehman24,

Did you mean document verification fee?if so,I paid mine a month before my Interview so it only takes about 9 days after my Interview that I got my Visa but as for your case,it would take a while before you can get a Visa coz you havent paid the DV fee.We cant tell how long will it take for you to have it coz it varies from case to case basis.If I were you,dont buy ticket for your wife yet until she got her Visa..Goodluck!!!

Sorry for leaving you hanging since the last thread...Ohio was blasted by the remnants of Ike yesterday and we're just now recovering ourselves...75 mph winds!!!

I was thinking not so much as a "what to prepare for the interview" guide, but rather a "where to go and what to do" guide once she arrives at the USEM. We used this guide 2 years ago and I doubt the layout and procedure has changed since our trip through. Even though the original beneficiary was K-1, it still works for all. When my asawa had her interview many there were very envious of her guide info. The same author also has very nice St. Luke's and Prism/CFO guides, really helpful for someone wanting to know where to go and what to expect in the process.

For the benefit of the newbies, here ya go:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/Visa/uselayout.pdf

Good luck!!!

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

Well, I checked the web link before I attached it and it came up just like it did a couple of weeks ago, but as soon as I posted this and checked from VJ, it now won't open. Don't know why. It also won't open from my AOL favorites, so I'm not sure it's an AOL thing or not. If it's not available anymore, I apologize. It had really great info.

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.