briscokid

Shame on U.s. embassy in manila

60 posts in this topic

JNUEM,

I believe that it's not something to frustrate your fiancee or us who've been longing to be in our partner's arms.

these institutions would just wanted to let every filipina who will be leaving Philippines for good that the life that we will be facing when we're already in the other country with our loveone is not the same way as what we are raised here in the phil. They are just educating us about some circumstances that we might face and make ourselves ready to whatever that might happen to us outside Philippines. I'm not saying that our partners will do the same way as what was shown in the film viewing,coz I believe we know and trust our partners so much.

Commenting to the film showing, (coz I myself watched it) Europe is giving out visa for fiances that they haven't even met each other. And on girls side, I can say that she should have known her partner's real personality before jumping to a decision that will change her life. In our case who are married, engage to US citizen, it is a must to see each other first and met each other for us to really know that "my man is for real and I want to be with him for the rest of my life".. it is give confirmation that we truly want to be with each other for life., so at the end, no regrets.

I am sorry if you look at it that way that is frustrating. However, I am thankful that I was educated by one of these institution.

Finally, you are with your loveone. Congratulations!

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody who notice that? CFO fee is P400 while PRISM is P250 :protest: ..Didn't get a chance to ask the cashier at CFO cause I was in hurry that time..haayy Visa life!!!

it is correct..

i took my seminar at st. mary's.. (QC)

if im not mistaken..

P400 is for the seminar and

P250 is for the certificate..

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
anybody who notice that? CFO fee is P400 while PRISM is P250 :protest: ..Didn't get a chance to ask the cashier at CFO cause I was in hurry that time..haayy Visa life!!!

it is correct..

i took my seminar at st. mary's.. (QC)

if im not mistaken..

P400 is for the seminar and

P250 is for the certificate..

250 for the seminar (with cert) and 400 for the sticker :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Timeline
for me, the videos they showed is an eye opener for everyone that NOT all the people who goes or went to foreign countries are ALL fortunate and successful. At first, like the others, i was also wondering if they are discouraging people to go to foreign countries but then i realized that they just want us to see the reality of life. The truth is, I wasn't scared at all after watching it caz i know my husband is a good man :thumbs::star:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In my personal opinion about the seminar, it is not at all to scare or discourage women going out of the country to marry a foreigner. The two women they showed on the video who experienced violence living with their husbands barely knew the men when they decided to get married. Also, one major thing I observed was that their motives was not to marry (in the real sense of marriage) and build a family with their husbands, but, to get out from poverty. I did not hear them say (on the interview made) that they wanted to marry because they love the man. I think the seminar is to forewarn women with wrong motives of marrying a foreigner and other important infos that we need to be vigilant of.

Well, regarding the fees, I don't understand how a small piece of sticker costs 400Php. :whistle:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

At least CFO is trying. There are more and more cases of pinay ending up in a hostile environment in the US and wishing they were back home living in the province.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
At least CFO is trying. There are more and more cases of pinay ending up in a hostile environment in the US and wishing they were back home living in the province.

Is it possible they donot take their time to get to know each other?

Ray and Arlene

11/2005 Met online

03/2006 Met in person

07/2006 Met in person

10/2006 Met in person

02/2007 Met in person

01/2008 Met in person

02/23/2008 Mailed I-129 to CSC

02/26/2008 I-129 received at CSC

02/28/2008 NOA 1 received in mail........WOW

07/31/2008 Received email saying an RFE was sent

08/02/2008 Received RFE in the mail

08/07/2008 Response to RFE mailed to CSC

08/15/2008 Received email telling response was received

08/20/2008 NOA 2 sent

08/27/2008 NOA 2 received

08/29/2008 Called NVC and was told petition was received and shipped out already

09/10/2008 Paid Delbros

09/22/2008 Medical at St Lukes

10/02/2008 Interview

01/15/2009 Visa Approved

01/20/2009 Visa Received

01/27/2009 Flight to US on Northwest flight #2

Is it possible they donot take their time to get to know each other?

Without a doubt in LOTS of cases. Some young maganda pinay just want to get to the "streets paved with gold" and a GC and the fat, ugly puti just are looking for a young tight poke.

Sometimes the relationships work out great for all concerned! Sometimes all hello breaks loose.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
I couldn't agree more with you. what a bunch of bullsh-t. they know who's money is paying for this #######, airfare and hotels for some of the spouses/fiance's. and then when they get the visa, they have to go back to have it stamped.

you dnt have to go back..

you can go to CFO branches where you can have the seminar and stamp same day.. ;)

that is why it is best to attend the seminar after you got your visa..

just wondering if they showed the other side to the lady's... like the house in the country. or the new car she will have. or maybe the man that works 50 or 60 hours a week to give his family everything he possibly can. how about the day trips, weekend trips or yearly vacations. or maybe the christmas tree with many gifts under it for the family.

if they are only showing the bad ####### that can happen then its wrong. they do this just to make money, there are other ways to inform the girls, like papers attached to their visa or whatever.

i go into my marriage with full trust and faith that it will be forever. I never asked for or wanted a prenup. If my wife were to bring phone numbers with her, (just in case) I would be offended. for me, when it comes to trust, its all or nothing. I have explained to her in ANY emergency, she should call 911 and get help. OH by the way,... what does the men from PI who immigrate here watch ? Is it the same movie ?

Edited by ronjie

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Timeline
I couldn't agree more with you. what a bunch of bullsh-t. they know who's money is paying for this #######, airfare and hotels for some of the spouses/fiance's. and then when they get the visa, they have to go back to have it stamped.

you can go to CFO branches where you can have the seminar and stamp same day.. ;)

just wondering if they showed the other side to the lady's... like the house in the country. or the new car she will have. or maybe the man that works 50 or 60 hours a week to give his family everything he possibly can. how about the day trips, weekend trips or yearly vacations. or maybe the christmas tree with many gifts under it for the family.

if they are only showing the bad ####### that can happen then its wrong. they do this just to make money, there are other ways to inform the girls, like papers attached to their visa or whatever.

i go into my marriage with full trust and faith that it will be forever. I never asked for or wanted a prenup. If my wife were to bring phone numbers with her, (just in case) I would be offended. for me, when it comes to trust, its all or nothing. I have explained to her in ANY emergency, she should call 911 and get help. OH by the way,... what does the men from PI who immigrate here watch ? Is it the same movie ?

Yes, same movie... you gonna watch it by group, so if there's a man with the group he will also watch it. Like when I attended this seminar there's one guy in our batch...

Timeline

Yes, same movie... you gonna watch it by group, so if there's a man with the group he will also watch it. Like when I attended this seminar there's one guy in our batch...

thanks for the info !!

My fiancé went to her seminar after passing the interview. We thought the seminar would tell you everything about the USA, and what to expect and how to count money or something Or about the weather or something educational and helpful. Instead they flooded her brain with discouraging stories and videos of the Filipinas that got treated bad. Stories, pics and vids of prostitution, beatings and death etc. Can you believe the embassy passed fiancé visa interviews and the couple have only known each other for a month or so.. This really pissed me off to know they do that during the seminar instead of making you feel comfortable. I mean the process is frustrating enough, and then they do that at the end of it to stress you out more. How sad is that. And you have to pay for it.

Shame on The U.S embassy in Manila

MY fiance arrived on my bday. sept 2 woohoooooo!

i dont agree with u. im in favor of CFO seminar to inform all FILIPINA's and FILIPINO'S that not everbody leave the PHILIPPINES will have happy ending. and not all foriegner have a good heart, im not saying it generaly but im saying it with truth, trust me i was been a victims ones. we filipino have the rigths to know about all of this. so if u dont want this then just shut your mounth and dont say negative about our goverment. sorry but u are too over reacted with your 250 pesos.

Edited by bevs

My fiancé went to her seminar after passing the interview. We thought the seminar would tell you everything about the USA, and what to expect and how to count money or something Or about the weather or something educational and helpful. Instead they flooded her brain with discouraging stories and videos of the Filipinas that got treated bad. Stories, pics and vids of prostitution, beatings and death etc. Can you believe the embassy passed fiancé visa interviews and the couple have only known each other for a month or so.. This really pissed me off to know they do that during the seminar instead of making you feel comfortable. I mean the process is frustrating enough, and then they do that at the end of it to stress you out more. How sad is that. And you have to pay for it.

Shame on The U.S embassy in Manila

MY fiance arrived on my bday. sept 2 woohoooooo!

i dont agree with u. im in favor of CFO seminar to inform all FILIPINA's and FILIPINO'S that not everbody leave the PHILIPPINES will have happy ending. and not all foriegner have a good heart, im not saying it generaly but im saying it with truth, trust me i was been a victims ones. we filipino have the rigths to know about all of this. so if u dont want this then just shut your mounth and dont say negative about our goverment. sorry but u are too over reacted with your 250 pesos.

he thought it was run by the US Govt. :whistle:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

yes.. :yes:

guys watch same movies too..

like what other peeps said, the seminar is not to discourage women/men to marry foreigners..

it is to open the eyes of filipinos.. that it is not always a good fortune for everybody..

and also i would just like to react on the highlighted part..

with all due respect, i dnt think that's the point of marrying a foreigner..

we fall in love regardless of where that person is from and what that person has..

i mean i believe most of us here marry someone cos of LOVE..

not cos of money or any luxurious things on earth..

if you marry someone and u get to have the nicest things on earth then it is just a plus, IMO!

also, why would u get offended when your wife would bring phone numbers?? :blink:

i mean it is not a bad thing.. i dnt see why u would get offended..

Edited by envy_me

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Timeline

yes.. :yes:

guys watch same movies too..

like what other peeps said, the seminar is not to discourage women/men to marry foreigners..

it is to open the eyes of filipinos.. that it is not always a good fortune for everybody..

and also i would just like to react on the highlighted part..

with all due respect, i dnt think that's the point of marrying a foreigner..

we fall in love regardless of where that person is from and what that person has..

i mean i believe most of us here marry someone cos of LOVE..

not cos of money or any luxurious things on earth..

if you marry someone and u get to have the nicest things on earth then it is just a plus, IMO!

also, why would u get offended when your wife would bring phone numbers?? :blink:

i mean it is not a bad thing.. i dnt see why u would get offended..

of course it is for love !!, I'm just wondering since they pointed out the negative things, if they balanced it by pointing out the positive aspects. and I explained why I would get offended so if you don't understand I won't explain it again. besides do you have any idea what kind of things a foreign wife could do to a spouse here in america ? we don't sit around watching movies about the GC searching, gold digging, home wrecking, foreign spouses. yes, that happens too !!! we are all adults. and we should do our homework and learn who are SO is before we engage or marry. terrible things happen home and abroad, why don't they have these ceminars before locals marry each other ? if its so important and they care for the women so much, and they want to be a womens advocate. then why isn't it FREE ? wake up and smell the coffee. do the math. how many spouse/fiancee visa's a year for PI x the fee they charge. its always about money.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.