CrystalDream

Could we be turned down - meeting and marrying right away?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thanks to everyone who gave such thoughtful and wonderful replies! We appreciate it so much!

(L)(F)(L)

As I just posted in the K-1 section, we are wondering and concerned about being turned down. We read on a site that officials turn down applications for various reasons. One of them is meeting for the first time and marrying right away after meeting.

In our case, I am plannng to travel to meet my love in the United Arab Emirates. We have known each other on the internet and phone for 5 years. I cannot spend a lot of time there -- only about 2 possibly 3 weeks.

So, if we marry, which we would like to do, we would marry within a few days after meeting.

We are concerned however, that our application could get turned down for meeting for the first time and getting married so quickly after that. In that case, we would love some opinons as to whether it is ok to do the K3 visa or even the IR1/CR1 and not encounter problems, OR is wiser to do the K-1 fiance visa instead. Would the fiance K-1 visa be looked upon in a better light? Thanks so much for reading and commenting on this post!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Will it look suspicious, well yes.

Things that can alay that suspicion would include cutural/religous norms.

But from a practical point of view you will have a bit of a wait before the interview so you will have a longer relationship to show by then.

I guess its one thing to go out there with that possibility rather than with that intent, just sounds odd to me when its somebody you have never met, but thats me.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
Will it look suspicious, well yes.

Things that can alay that suspicion would include cutural/religous norms.

But from a practical point of view you will have a bit of a wait before the interview so you will have a longer relationship to show by then.

I guess its one thing to go out there with that possibility rather than with that intent, just sounds odd to me when its somebody you have never met, but thats me.

I met my wife off of eharmony. She came for a visit and we had no intention of getting married. Within a week without knowing anything about the immigration process we were married and though it is hard being apart, marrying my wife was the single best decision I have ever made in my life.

When it comes to marrying someone, especially someone that you feel deeply connected to, I don't think you can sit around and second guess yourself and wonder what the immigration people might suspect. You have to marry someone for the simple reason that you love them so much and simply can't imagine a life without that person.

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-16-06-I-129F Arrived in Chicago

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

12-14-06-Arrived at Consulate

01-04-07-Packet 3 Received

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

01-10-07-Medical Examination

02-13-07-Interview in Johannesburg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.