christera22

Help us to fill up the AOS forms

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all ,

if some can help us ........we are too puzzled with all these. My husband is adjusting from B1/B2 based on marriage with me and we are filling up the following forms :

I-485 ( foreign citizen )- $1010 ( including $930 plus a biometrics fee of $80 )

I-130 ( for usc ) - $355.

I-765 (foreign citizen)- Included in the cost of I-485

I-131 (foreign citizen) - Included in the cost of I-485

I-864 or I-864EZ ( for usc ) - no fee

g-325a ( one for usc and one for foreign citizen)- no fee

I-693 (medical exam for foreign citizen, filled out by an USCIS civil surgeon) What ever the Civil Surgeon Charges/

Hope everything i mentioned above is right !

We are having several problems in filling up forms and I have listed the queries below :

G-325a

I) what for filing g-325a ...what to tick IN G-325A...is g-325 a to be filled by both usc & alien.

II) This form is submitted in connection with an application for : naturalisation/status as permanent resident ?

I-485

I) what adress to write in I-485.Usa address or India address ??

II)I-485 ... ticked a) of part 2 ?? as i entered as B1/B2 visa.

III) Current USCIS status ?? as my expired I wrote overstay Expires on ?? the date of the I-94 expiery.

IV)Part 3 section B #A OF WIFE ?? WHATS THAT ??

V) IF FILING FOR HUSBAND & WIFE LAST ADDRESS WHERE YOU LIVED TOGETHER..... FROM ?? & tO ??

QUESTION 22

I-765

Elibibilty under 8 CFR 274a.12 ( ) ( ) ( ) ?? I got my visa as B1/B2 but the POE officer stamped B1.

I-131

PART 2 APPLICATION TYPE ??

DATE OF INTENDED DEPARTURE ?? ( DOING AOS FOR 1ST TIME )

4,5,6 SECTIONS MOST PROBABLY SHD BE N/A

WHAT TO DO ABOUT 7 ??

Also How are the cheques to be written ? I have a total amount of $1010+355=$1365.

and whom to write the cheques to ?

I know may of these questions may seem silly but we are depending only on this forum to help us ...the way to assemble things guide is really helpful.

Thanks a lot

Christera

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Christera22,

Yes, immigration forms are confusing, but with the help from VJ, it should make things easier for you. If you don't mind me asking, which country did you adjust from on the B1/B2 visa. Likewise I did the same thing before too (see my VJ timeline for more info). Oh my, the cost of immigration has gone up since I did the AOS two years ago!

Yes, you are correct the list of forms that you suggested. The only thing is that it's the I-864 for the USC, not the I-864EZ form. The Civil Surgeon will charge differently, depending on which one you go to. For mine, it was approximately $100 for the Civil Surgeon, plus $200 for further medical tests (though it might be more or less for your case).

Now, in answer to your other questions:

For the G325a

-This is the "biographical information form", usually used for permanent residency (I'm not sure if it is used for other cases though). It is about 1-2 pages long. One form is for the USC and one is for the immigrant. You also have to include passport-sized photos for this for both the USC and immigrant.

For the I-485:

-Your most current address for the immigrant is the one they are currently in the USA living in now. Start from there, and work your way backwards for the last 5 years in the foreign country.

-The current status is B1/B2 Visitor's Visa, as that was the last visa issued by the US officials. Put the date that your B1/B2 visa expired, even if it is expired now.

-A# is your "Alien Number". For now you do not have one, and won't get one until your NOA and green card. Put "none" for that on this form.

-Where you lived together last is where you are both currently living in the USA now. Put that US address there together now.

For the I-765:

-Don't know what that means, sorry...

For the I-131 (Is this an Advance Parole form?)

-Don't know about that either, as in my situation, I didn't fill one of those out, sorry....

For the cheques/checks:

-It should say on the application forms as to who to write the cheques/checks to (my guess is that it is the "Department of homeland security", though you should verify just to be sure). In my situation, I did separate money orders for the AOS, and did one cheque for the I-751 (Removal of Conditons later). In either case, if you decide to do one or two cheques/checks, make sure you write specifically what it is for (For example, Adjustment of Status for _______, I131 and I485 fees).

Hope this helps. Good luck on your immigration journey.

Ant

Hi all ,

if some can help us ........we are too puzzled with all these. My husband is adjusting from B1/B2 based on marriage with me and we are filling up the following forms :

I-485 ( foreign citizen )- $1010 ( including $930 plus a biometrics fee of $80 )

I-130 ( for usc ) - $355.

I-765 (foreign citizen)- Included in the cost of I-485

I-131 (foreign citizen) - Included in the cost of I-485

I-864 or I-864EZ ( for usc ) - no fee

g-325a ( one for usc and one for foreign citizen)- no fee

I-693 (medical exam for foreign citizen, filled out by an USCIS civil surgeon) What ever the Civil Surgeon Charges/

Hope everything i mentioned above is right !

We are having several problems in filling up forms and I have listed the queries below :

G-325a

I) what for filing g-325a ...what to tick IN G-325A...is g-325 a to be filled by both usc & alien.

II) This form is submitted in connection with an application for : naturalisation/status as permanent resident ?

I-485

I) what adress to write in I-485.Usa address or India address ??

II)I-485 ... ticked a) of part 2 ?? as i entered as B1/B2 visa.

III) Current USCIS status ?? as my expired I wrote overstay Expires on ?? the date of the I-94 expiery.

IV)Part 3 section B #A OF WIFE ?? WHATS THAT ??

V) IF FILING FOR HUSBAND & WIFE LAST ADDRESS WHERE YOU LIVED TOGETHER..... FROM ?? & tO ??

QUESTION 22

I-765

Elibibilty under 8 CFR 274a.12 ( ) ( ) ( ) ?? I got my visa as B1/B2 but the POE officer stamped B1.

I-131

PART 2 APPLICATION TYPE ??

DATE OF INTENDED DEPARTURE ?? ( DOING AOS FOR 1ST TIME )

4,5,6 SECTIONS MOST PROBABLY SHD BE N/A

WHAT TO DO ABOUT 7 ??

Also How are the cheques to be written ? I have a total amount of $1010+355=$1365.

and whom to write the cheques to ?

I know may of these questions may seem silly but we are depending only on this forum to help us ...the way to assemble things guide is really helpful.

Thanks a lot

Christera

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Other Timeline
:time: . Thank you....

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.