3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi Everyone

First of all, I would like to send my congrats to Kim and Russ - finally on the home stretch!!

I haven't posted much since I got home from Iowa, I have been so depressed and unhappy being away from Steve. That, coupled with the fact that my ex has been doing everything in his power to avoid signing the divorce papers, have made this a miserable time for Steve and I.

In the end, I had to employ Sherrif Officers here in Scotland to actually SERVE the papers on him. It took them over six weeks of trying, but they finally tracked him down .. :) I wanted to employ them from the start, but "there are procedures that need to be followed" .. or so the powers that be kept telling me. My son gave me the good news after a phone call from his Dad - oh, I forgot to mention that after he told my son to tell me that he had signed the papers, my ex wished me the worse life possible - kinda shows you the mentality I've been dealing with ...

So today .. after more than a two year wait and all the extra delay caused by my ex being an idiot, he finally signed the papers. In six weeks, or thereabouts, I will finally be single and Steve and I can send off the I-129F. OMG, how good does that sound?? :dance::dance::dance:

The completed petition is sitting with Steve in Iowa, waiting patiently for me to sent a copy of my divorce decree (overnight Fedex .. I don't care what it costs .. I just want it there quickly!) Once it's on it's way, I know I will feel much better.

I am almost finished my college course and have started looking for work. I went for an interview today for an evening job to keep me busy until I get my diploma. If I get it this job, I will keep it on, even though I will hopefully have a day job too - anything to keep busy and keep my mind sane.

You know, it makes me so happy that you all are almost at the end of your journey - well the K1 part of it anyway. ;) I am so happy for you all moving to the USA. It gives me hope, after reading of all the problems and the pitfalls, that I too will be on my way there someday soon. I also appreciate the warm welcome which you all gave me. Thanks again to Nich for giving me the "heads up" on this place!

It's 1.39am here, so I guess I should head for bed. I have a feeling that I will finally manage to have a peaceful night's sleep tonight! No more nightmares of my ex tearing up the papers in front of me or me chasing him into the sunset .... :D

Take care all ... and again, thanks ..

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thank you so much for the warm wishes, we really appreciate it.

As you know, your circumstances are very similar to my own. We literally waited years to get to the point where we were even able to file and it was a long, hard road. I know just how you are feeling today and am so happy that you have at least reached this point. I know being apart is so very difficult but trust me when I tell you that the time will pass and very soon everything you have fought so hard for will be right there in front of you and worth every moment. :)

Have those papers ready asap! :)

btw... interview is Wednesday and my love will be back home in my arms the 24th. We are over the moon!

good luck to you and congrats again.

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Thank you so much for the warm wishes, we really appreciate it.

As you know, your circumstances are very similar to my own. We literally waited years to get to the point where we were even able to file and it was a long, hard road. I know just how you are feeling today and am so happy that you have at least reached this point. I know being apart is so very difficult but trust me when I tell you that the time will pass and very soon everything you have fought so hard for will be right there in front of you and worth every moment. :)

Have those papers ready asap! :)

btw... interview is Wednesday and my love will be back home in my arms the 24th. We are over the moon!

good luck to you and congrats again.

Thanks you so much!! Although Steve and I are just starting our visa journey .. we've been together a long time. It is such a good feeling to know that within a few months we shall be together forever. :) We have made so many plans for our future, and thinking of those alone will help both of us through this waiting period ...

I am hoping that we will be as lucky as Momma Nich and get the visa nearer the four month mark .. but it we have to wait longer than so be it .. they say that the best things in life are worth waiting for don't they?

As I said in one of my previous posts, we're not planning on visiting until the visa comes through as I had a scary time at the POE in Chicago last time - so this time we spend apart will be the longest we've ever had to deal with.

I just hope that things go quickly .. I miss him like crazy ... can't wait to see him again!!! :dance:

I hope the interview goes smoothly .. I'll be thinking of you both on Wednesday!!!!

Have a good weekend all ..

M ~x~

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.