noone

USCIS is too fast! For the first time

18 posts in this topic

Hey Lisa, I applied on August 8th and my interview is on October 27. Crazy fast, right? I'm following a tracker for Washington, D.C. office and all the applicants that filed in July and first half of the August already got their interview notices. Just two months ago DC was the slowest office in the nation, but it is moving very fast now and kudos for that!

Lappa: You don't necessarily have to take your husband to the interview with you, however it is highly advisable if you are applying based on marriage to a US citizen. If I was you, I would bring him along. He probably wont be let in the room with you but he will be seen by IO, which gives him/her less chances to question your marriage.

Filed: Timeline
Attn: Moonhunt

Do I have to take my husband (US Citizen) with me for the interview?

Hi Lappa,

Here is the story of an interview:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=150375

The interviewer has talked to the husband and asked him some questions, So I think you better take your husband with you.

Good Luck :star:

Attn: Moonhunt

Do I have to take my husband (US Citizen) with me for the interview?

It is up to you.

In most cases, interview officer will not ask for your US citizen's presence.

But in very rare cases, if it is based on marriage to US citizen, a few interview officer may want to check with your spouse to see whether it was immigration fraud or not.

However if your spouse can make it, I recommend you to take your spouse with you for a couple of reason.

1) for your own emotional support : if your love is with you, you may feel more comfortable, and it may make your less nervious.... ^^

2) After everything goes well, you may want to have a glass of wine or a pint of beer with your honey, and celebrate for your memorable moment. ^^

3) Just in case, it's better be ready than hearing sorry from interview officer when he/she want to check for something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.