Pandora01

Reviewing documents for interview

7 posts in this topic

Ok, while waiting for my interview date I decided to check my papers and make sure I got everything ready. Here's what I have:

• DS-156K (not signed)
  • Birth certificate (long version with certified translation)
  • Divorce decree from my previous marriage (with certified translation)
  • Police report mentioning CPIC was consulted
  • Letter of intent (one from me and one from my fiance - he's the US Citizen)
  • Affidavit of support (2 signed originals along with proof)
  • Additional financial proofs from my fiance in case needed
  • Complete copy of I-129
  • Copy of NOA1 and NOA2
  • Relationship proofs (still collecting but so far I have 2 pictures and screenshots from Skype's log; will be adding 3 or 4 emails)
  • Passport pictures (after putting them on the forms I mailed back to the Consulate, I have 3 leftover so I'll bring them all to be safe)
  • Photocopy of my passport and of my fiance's passport
  • Original birth certificate of my fiance (will have a certified copy made 'cause he wants to keep his original)
  • Certified copies of my fiance's divorce decrees (will also have certified copies of those made)
  • Sealed envelopes from my medical (I guess one is the paperwork and the other the X-ray; they're stapled together)
I know there will be a fee to pay but understand that the amount will be mentioned in Packet 4.

I also know I'll need an XPressPost mailer but I'm waiting closer to the interview to get it.

So, did I miss anything?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That list looks good!! Your affidavit of support is notarized, right? Also you say the photocopy of your passport and of course you need your actual passport :yes: The cost for me was $131 USD in July... GOOD LUCK :thumbs: P.S. I didn't need the letter of intent from myself, only my Fiancee...

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Ok, while waiting for my interview date I decided to check my papers and make sure I got everything ready. Here's what I have:
  • DS-156K (not signed)
  • Complete copy of I-129
  • Copy of NOA1 and NOA2
  • Relationship proofs (still collecting but so far I have 2 pictures and screenshots from Skype's log; will be adding 3 or 4 emails)
  • Passport pictures (after putting them on the forms I mailed back to the Consulate, I have 3 leftover so I'll bring them all to be safe)
  • Original birth certificate of my fiance (will have a certified copy made 'cause he wants to keep his original)
  • Certified copies of my fiance's divorce decrees (will also have certified copies of those made)
  • Sealed envelopes from my medical (I guess one is the paperwork and the other the X-ray; they're stapled together)
I know there will be a fee to pay but understand that the amount will be mentioned in Packet 4.

I also know I'll need an XPressPost mailer but I'm waiting closer to the interview to get it.

So, did I miss anything?

I'm doing this exact same thing right now. :) Why do you have two notarized copies of the affidavit of support? I only have one...do I need to get a second one?

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
  • DS-156K (not signed)
  • Complete copy of I-129
  • Copy of NOA1 and NOA2

So, did I miss anything?

I'm doing this exact same thing right now. :) Why do you have two notarized copies of the affidavit of support? I only have one...do I need to get a second one?

You only need one notarized copy of the affidavit of support which you turn in at the interview... I of course made a photocopy for myself!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

You only need one notarized copy of the affidavit of support which you turn in at the interview... I of course made a photocopy for myself!!

Oh good :) I was going to run off and get a second one done, but now I'll just make a copy for my records. Thanks for the info!

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Thanks for replying, JillA. I was stuck at work <_<

I can't remember but I must have seen needing two somewhere or I got all mixed up with the proofs for the affidavit which must be presented in duplicate. To be honest, that's probably where I got confused. Thanks for setting the record straight, JillA :)

Oh, got another question in regards to the letter of intent. The one I currently have from my fiance is dated July 18, 2008. I'm still waiting for an interview date. Will that be ok or should I ask my darling to make another dated in September, for instance?

Edited by Pandora01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.