5 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, I hope you all are having a great afternoon. It's a beautiful day here. First time in a long time. I have a question about a few things regarding the I-864 and the New Address change policy.

I-864 Question/s :

1) We updated our I-864 when we mailed in AOS (my hubby worked for himself at the time). Earlier last year we resulted in walking away from his business which he ran with his father. We then moved in with his mom and step dad until the wedding and then he soon found new employment after that. The poverty limit is above or at 125% .... well he makes over that but because we lost alot of what he had from his business I'm just worried if that would affect us? We do plan on doing the I-864 again and taking it with us to the interview and he does make over the poverty limit. Thing is we don't currently have a savings account but he does have a checking which flucuates month to month. Do I even need to show bank records, I only have to do that if we are trying to bring in assets right? Just worried about needing and finding a co-sponsor but do we need one ??

New Addy Question

1) As I said above, we left my hubbies business mid last year and ended up moving in with his mom for a bit. As I applied for aos we just used her addy on most things because that was the permanent address. After the wedding we ended up moving but we are continually using her addy just because it's a permanent address. Mail in our complexes here get mixed up all the time and I'd hate for something from the gov't go missing. I informed the people at biometrics and such that this was the case and they told me that was fine as long as they had a number or an addy where they could reach me. I'm just worried about the addy thing when they ask at the interview... I know I could probably just explain why the addy they have don't match up to our bills and such but the only reason was because this addy is not permanent. We are going to be leaving here in a few months anyways. On the I-864 though they said there is penalty consequences for not informing on a Address change. Can I get in trouble for this or will I be ok if I just explain why?

Thanks so much, hopefully someone can help

CanGal

ticker.png

also when filling out the new I-864 To take with us to the interview, it's ok if i just put my inlaws addy on it right? We are going to be out of our apt. in a few months and they always just hand over the mail when they get it. Just works better for us that way.

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.