acobnamia1224

where to book a flight

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can anyone help figure out what is the best way to book a one way flight??? should i let my fiance book it from the philippines?? or should i book it here in the U.S. WHat is cheaper and where is cheaper?? thanks...Any help is greatly appreciated..

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Service Center..............Vermont/Consulate.....................Manila==>MNL-2008692057

Event Timeline

I-129F Sent to VSC............................................. 04/01/08

I-129F Received by VSC................................... .04/02/08

I-129F NOA 1.................................................... .04/03/08...touched 4/29/08

I-129F RFEs.........................................................N/A

I-129F RFE Reply..................................................N/A

I-129F NOA 2.......................................................07/08/08

NVC received.......................................................07/10/08

NVC mailed..........................................................7/14/08

Consulate Received.............................................. 7/18/08

Called for interview appointment ($18)................7/21/08

Paid VISA processing fee/validated DS form($131)..8/01/08

Paid DELBROS document verification fee ($15)........7/25/08..arrived at USEM 8/22/08

CFO Seminar/Stamp..............................................9/18/08

Medical Appt ($215)..............................................7/24-7/25/08

Interview Date.....................................................08/05/08 @ 7AM, approved 9/2/08

VISA Delivered ($7)............................................. 9/6/08

flight home to Daddy(9/26/08)($859.60)/POE (detriot); Final destination: Jax, FL

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we used nwa.com..cheap!

Love is an unexpected thing...and when it arrives grab it with all ur heart....it may pass u jsut once.......

1_217966694l.jpg

11.20.07 : mailed I130

01.23.08 : NOA1

04.21.08 : mailed I129F

04.22.08 : NOA1

05.14.08 : NOA2 both for I 130 and I 129F

06.26.08 : medical exam 2nd day PASSED!!

07.09.08 : interview day! PASSED! PINK SLIP!

07.15.08 : visa on hand!!!

08.01.08 : POE SFO (home with my papi!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My hubby just go directly to Philippine airlines online(here in US) and paid it thru his credit card but if you do that, you will need to fill out like an authorization form and send it to you fiancee, together with copies of your driver's license and credit card that you used to pay it. THen she will have to go to PAL in the phiippines and need to show those for them to give her ticket. Its alot of work ,having experience that I think its better that she bought it there at the philippines by herself so she wont have to present these stuff, like i did :rolleyes: Congrats and good luck

Edited by richo

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

please try

Royal Winglinks Travel & Tours

Unit 105 Vareb Mansion Bldg.

1679 A. Mabini St., Malate, Manila

Tel: (00632) 5278140, 5284001, 5280057

Fax: (00632) 5278240

Naturalization

Sent N-400 Application....................................... Dec  5 2016

NOA1.................................................................. Dec 13 2016

Biometrics @ St Louis  ...................................... Jan 11 2017

Received Interview Letter .................................. Jun 10 2017 

Interview Scheduled in Chicago, IL ................... Jul 11 2017

Oath Ceremony in Peoria, IL .............................. Sep 20 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My hubby just go directly to Philippine airlines online(here in US) and paid it thru his credit card but if you do that, you will need to fill out like an authorization form and send it to you fiancee, together with copies of your driver's license and credit card that you used to pay it. THen she will have to go to PAL in the phiippines and need to show those for them to give her ticket. Its alot of work ,having experience that I think its better that she bought it there at the philippines by herself so she wont have to present these stuff, like i did :rolleyes: Congrats and good luck

The Philippine airlines (airlines with corporate offices in PI) will require you to present the credit card that paid for the trip. Kind of a hassle in my book.

I use http://www.mobissimo.com/search_airfare.php .

Your fiance can pay for the ticket with his credit card and just send you (email) the eticket. Then, all you have to present is the eticket and your passport at the airport and it will be simple.

PS, don't forget your taxes, 1650PHP plus 750PHP. They will not be included in your ticket price but can be paid at the airport on the day of departure.

Timeline

Since i'm here in the eastcoast (Jacksonville, FLorida) the cheapest price i can get is $890 (NWA). Is it cheaper for my fiance to buy her ticket there in the philippines?? if so..what travel agency that is trusted that she can go to and buy her ticket??..thanks everyone for your insight!!!

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Service Center..............Vermont/Consulate.....................Manila==>MNL-2008692057

Event Timeline

I-129F NOA 1.................................................... .04/03/08...touched 4/29/08

Paid DELBROS document verification fee ($15)........7/25/08..arrived at USEM 8/22/08

Interview Date.....................................................08/05/08 @ 7AM, approved 9/2/08

flight home to Daddy(9/26/08)($859.60)/POE (detriot); Final destination: Jax, FL

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Can anyone help figure out what is the best way to book a one way flight??? should i let my fiance book it from the philippines?? or should i book it here in the U.S. WHat is cheaper and where is cheaper?? thanks...Any help is greatly appreciated..

Hi there, its cheaper if you get to booked here in the philippines there are agencies there that you can get to have theior prices like up to the floor price..:D

we used PAL and you wont have to pay for the 1620 exit tax..

😁

Timeline

you can buy her online. I took the Continental Airlines, kinda expensive but the worth the service and accomodation. you can check also the POE experiences of the other members. I am from Houston but my POE was Guam, they were all nice to me.

Have a safe trip for your fiance

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

Timeline

okay! now that i have a flight booked, does my fiance have to worry about the travel tax of 1620 pesos??? i booked a flight via Northwest Airlines. I told her about the 750 pesos airport fee. Is there anything else i'm forgetting?? thanks once again

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Event Timeline

Timeline

That 750 fee is a killer... I went to the philippines with cash and a discover card, I ran out of cash, and the discover card is useless, I also discovered you can't wire yourself money (against western union policies... I had family get other cards from my house to send myself money). I left what money I had with my fiance short of some money for a snack at the airport and found out about that 750 php airport fee... no money on me, no cards accepted in the philippines and they will send you packing if you can't come up with the fee somehow (and since my fiance had to work she had already left the airport since she couldn't go beyond security anyway without a pass that she didn't have...).

Thread jacking in progress!

That was the first major hassle of my return trip from the philippines... unfortunately I had problems at every step of the way, though that was the most stressful. I had a hard time finding the right place for my flight in japan... and the checkin was brutally slow... I had to meet the stern but nice people in customs in chicago, which was a small bonus on top of the luggage took an extra hour and a half or more to show up in the baggage claim area... and then when I finally reach my destination the baggage didn't show up again, I had joked with the guy next to me on the plane about how something like that would probably happen (or my family would forget to pick me up or something)... as an added bonus, the springfield airport is a ghost town at night, there was a janitor, a baggage lady, and eventually two people who worked for the airline were found... but not until after some lady who also lost her baggage got extremely agitated, I don't remember her whole story but she had been on a relatively short flight compared to the 28 hours of torture I had endured, but she was totally screwed (she was going to be late for something, taking a test or some other thing... I'm not sure what) and came pretty close to getting ejected from the airport by security (yep, there was apparently some security somewhere because they showed up)... Anyway, when they lose your baggage you fill out a form and they deliver it to you when it shows up, somehow even though the agitated lady was right up front the whole time and I was pretty much at the very back, I was taken care of first by the person working the counter... when the agitated lady gets up to the counter... they closed it!... the lady who was working had stayed late already and had to go home... this was pretty funny for me, and something I wouldn't have been too happy about myself... but well, agitated lady was kind of a psycho and I assume someone else was going to reopen the counter soon or even immediately... thanks agitated lady for being so damn wacky, I was tired, sick, and your antics provided a great deal of entertainment and, heck, I didn't know what the heck to do about the whole baggage situation, if she hadn't been there trying to convince the 3 marines who flew with us to break down a door I'd have probably just gone home and called the airline the next day to find out what the heck to do about the baggage....

Thread jacking complete

Timeline

ASK Philippine Airlines about first time immigrant fare or consolidated airfare

Edited by phlover

Timeline

I just came back from the Philippines September 9th and the cheapest airfare was through CHEAPTICKET online.

everyone else was about 600 dollars higher from Cagayan De Oro Philippine to Manila to LAX to Omaha.

IT is a good sight and they have done a lot of Airfares.

And the Deliever the Paper TICKETS VIA UPS that is in the Philippines.

David Kluza

Omaha Nebraska

Also doing a K-1 Visa App

(402)212-0280

single 15 years married 5 months ....now I know what peaks and valleys are in life. LOVE my wife hehehe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.