♥DanAnalyn♥

Under What Age is Parental Consent Letter Required?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Im 23 years old..attended CFO Sept.9 at PRISM..they didnt ask me parent consent.People at PRISM are nice dont worry.

Hi Gurl, you can ask the CFO office about this cause you will need their certificate too. better call the office first so no hassle when you get back to Manila.take care.. I think you can get the parental consent at Local civil registrar office..

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am trying to find out under what age the Parental Consent letter is needed in the Philippines. I was reading on this forum that the CFO required the letter for anyone under 24.

Thanks,

Dan

[/quo

Hi check this site: http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_757.html

THE MARRIAGE APPLICATION PROCESS:

Once the person has the affidavit, he/she can file the application for a marriage license at the office of the local Philippine Civil Registrar of the town or city where one of the parties is a resident. The U.S. citizen applicant will need to present the affidavit, death certificate or divorce decree as mentioned above, U.S. passport, and documentation regarding parental consent or advice if applicable. Marriage applicants who are age 18 to 21 must have parental consent in writing, those age 21 to 25 must have written parental advice (a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry). The revised Family Code of the Philippines, which took effect on August 4, 1988, prohibits marriage for individuals below the age of 18.

Normally there is a ten-day waiting period before the marriage license is issued by the registrar's office. In some instances the fiancée may apply in advance for the marriage license with the local civil registrar. The American citizen must then obtain the affidavit of legal capacity upon arrival in the Philippines and file it immediately with the civil registrar where the fiancée applied for the marriage license. A marriage license cannot be obtained by a fiancée without presence of the prospective spouse.

The marriage can be performed by a judge, justice of the peace, priest, or minister of religion.

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

I am trying to find out under what age the Parental Consent letter is needed in the Philippines. I was reading on this forum that the CFO required the letter for anyone under 24.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi there..I attended CFO Sept.9..they didnt ask me a parent consent.I'm 23 years old.People at PRISM are nice.

AS I said. CFO is NOT consistent AT ALL. My wife met a 23 year old from Baguio who was send home to get the consent letter.

GET THE LETTER IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO BEING 24.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.