tenderheartusa79

UPDATE TO THE SUEZ CANAL INCIDENT

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The Ambassador Margaret Scobey says

The investigation into the Suez Canal incident involving the vessel “Global Patriot†has been completed. This was a cooperative effort and its findings have been shared with the Government of Egypt.

On behalf of the US government, we would like to express our sincere apology and profound sorrow for this tragic accident, and extend our deepest sympathy to the family of Mr. Mohamed Fouad Affifi, who died as a result. We have offered financial assistance to the family of Mr. Fouad Affifi, realizing of course, that no amount of money could ever compensate his family for the loss of his life.

In over one hundred years of maritime traffic in the Suez Canal, this was the first fatal incident involving a US ship. We are profoundly saddened by this tragedy, and are reviewing our operating procedures as we cooperate closely with the Government of Egypt to ensure that such an incident is not repeated.

The Suez Canal remains a safe, secure and desirable transit route for world shipping due to Egyptian management and superb protection.

that's really sucks .I remember when the USA government said that 3 or 4 men from Libya shot down an American airplane the first thing the USA government asked for it was those 3 or 4 men and then they asked for many billions dollars and they put Libya under blockade for more than 10 years.

so i think it would be awesome if the Egyptian government ask for the killer who killed that innocent poor Egyptian guy to send him to an Egyptian court or the Egyptian government put the USA under blockade for a few years .........

that will never ever gonna happen ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they killed that poor guy without any reason and now they want to give his family some dollars

we have the worst government and the worst ministry of foreign in the whole world.

he already knows the truth and he knows that the USA solider killed that poor Egyptian guy and he just plead the 5th

what a shame !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Timeline

Typical but if what you're asking would have severe ramifications on Egypt.

Besides the fact that, would you expect a goverment like Egypt to ask for money/blockage for one man...when they aquitted the man (and his son) who were responsible for killing thousands of Egyptians when his ferry boat sunk? They didn't ask him to compensate the families....where is the justice? That in my opinon is very sad!

The investigation into the Suez Canal incident involving the vessel “Global Patriot†has been completed. This was a cooperative effort and its findings have been shared with the Government of Egypt.

On behalf of the US government, we would like to express our sincere apology and profound sorrow for this tragic accident, and extend our deepest sympathy to the family of Mr. Mohamed Fouad Affifi, who died as a result. We have offered financial assistance to the family of Mr. Fouad Affifi, realizing of course, that no amount of money could ever compensate his family for the loss of his life.

In over one hundred years of maritime traffic in the Suez Canal, this was the first fatal incident involving a US ship. We are profoundly saddened by this tragedy, and are reviewing our operating procedures as we cooperate closely with the Government of Egypt to ensure that such an incident is not repeated.

The Suez Canal remains a safe, secure and desirable transit route for world shipping due to Egyptian management and superb protection.

that's really sucks .I remember when the USA government said that 3 or 4 men from Libya shot down an American airplane the first thing the USA government asked for it was those 3 or 4 men and then they asked for many billions dollars and they put Libya under blockade for more than 10 years.

so i think it would be awesome if the Egyptian government ask for the killer who killed that innocent poor Egyptian guy to send him to an Egyptian court or the Egyptian government put the USA under blockade for a few years .........

they killed that poor guy without any reason and now they want to give his family some dollars

we have the worst government and the worst ministry of foreign in the whole world.

he already knows the truth and he knows that the USA solider killed that poor Egyptian guy and he just plead the 5th

Filed: Timeline

Well said Nawal!!! ITA!!! :thumbs:

Typical but if what you're asking would have severe ramifications on Egypt.

Besides the fact that, would you expect a goverment like Egypt to ask for money/blockage for one man...when they aquitted the man (and his son) who were responsible for killing thousands of Egyptians when his ferry boat sunk? They didn't ask him to compensate the families....where is the justice? That in my opinon is very sad!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.