vol_gal74

power of attorney

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi all,

For those of you in the Netherlands, how can my Dutch fiance go about making me the power of attorney for his possessions to enter through Customs? I'm watching the post every day cause it shouldn't be long (we hope) until we get our 2nd NOA per timelines similar to ours. Wish there was a complete check off list for everything we need to do to get him here and of what we need to do after he is here :(

Thanks in advance!

Regan

I-129F sent June 6, 2008

1st NOA received June 19, 2008

:luv:

Met online January 6, 2007

Met in person May 31, 2007

2nd visit September 21, 2007

3rd visit December 21, 2007

4th visit March 29, 2008

Engaged April 1, 2008 (I know...April Fool's Day...what a day to decide to spend your life together haha)

I-129F mailed June 6, 2008

NOA1 June 19, 2008

Touched July 9, 2008

Touched Nov. 4, 2008

NOA2 Nov. 4, 2008 (FINALLY)

NOA2 received Nov. 12, 2008

Packet 3 received Nov. 14, 2008

Packet 3 sent Nov. 27, 2008

Packet 4 received Dec. 3, 2008

Medical exam scheduled Dec. 16, 2008

Interview scheduled Jan. 6, 2009

K1 Visa APPROVED!!! Jan. 8, 2009

US Entry Feb. 3, 2009

Wedding Feb. 14, 2009

9331.gif

piko1b812n.png

Hi all,

For those of you in the Netherlands, how can my Dutch fiance go about making me the power of attorney for his possessions to enter through Customs? I'm watching the post every day cause it shouldn't be long (we hope) until we get our 2nd NOA per timelines similar to ours. Wish there was a complete check off list for everything we need to do to get him here and of what we need to do after he is here :(

Thanks in advance!

Regan

I-129F sent June 6, 2008

Hi Regan,

There is not many Dutchies on this forum but if you want to get in touch with them, it might be better to post in this thread next time: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...0&start=660 (I actually only stumbled across this thread because I am a bit bored and wanted to see if there was anything interesting here, normally I hardly visit these threads and only stick to a few threads) :)

As for making you the power of attorney of his possessions, I have no idea how to do that. As for my own possessions, most of it is already at my fiance's place as I send packages through regular mail (TNT-post in the Netherlands). It went smooth and easy, I just took the economy option, it can take up to two months to arrive in the US (depending on the location, my SO lives in HI so it takes a bit longer) but it is not so expensive as the priority option. I have only one package left to send and the rest will be mostly clothes and stuff which I will take with me in my suitcases when I travel there.

As for your NOA2, I don't want to worry you but it might take another month (or even two). According to Igor's timelines (http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/vsc.aspx) they're currently working on April/May petitions. Don't get too stressed by watching mailbox (btw, it might be a good thing to signup for the email service at USCIS, that is usually quicker than regular mail), it will come, no doubt about it.

About a checklist, every petition is of course unique but there are very much similarities between K1 petitions. So a real checklist isn't possible but you might want to take a look here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides for the guides. We never had any checklist either but I have my visa now since a couple of weeks and all we did was following the guides on this website, it really is a big help and that together with the forums is a great value for everyone's petition I think :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Regan

I-129F sent June 6, 2008

Hi Regan,

There is not many Dutchies on this forum but if you want to get in touch with them, it might be better to post in this thread next time: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...0&start=660 (I actually only stumbled across this thread because I am a bit bored and wanted to see if there was anything interesting here, normally I hardly visit these threads and only stick to a few threads) :)

As for making you the power of attorney of his possessions, I have no idea how to do that. As for my own possessions, most of it is already at my fiance's place as I send packages through regular mail (TNT-post in the Netherlands). It went smooth and easy, I just took the economy option, it can take up to two months to arrive in the US (depending on the location, my SO lives in HI so it takes a bit longer) but it is not so expensive as the priority option. I have only one package left to send and the rest will be mostly clothes and stuff which I will take with me in my suitcases when I travel there.

As for your NOA2, I don't want to worry you but it might take another month (or even two). According to Igor's timelines (http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/vsc.aspx) they're currently working on April/May petitions. Don't get too stressed by watching mailbox (btw, it might be a good thing to signup for the email service at USCIS, that is usually quicker than regular mail), it will come, no doubt about it.

About a checklist, every petition is of course unique but there are very much similarities between K1 petitions. So a real checklist isn't possible but you might want to take a look here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides for the guides. We never had any checklist either but I have my visa now since a couple of weeks and all we did was following the guides on this website, it really is a big help and that together with the forums is a great value for everyone's petition I think :)

Thanks for all the advice! Sometimes it feels like there is so much information to process that I'm afraid I'll miss something. Good luck with your move!

Regan

Met online January 6, 2007

Met in person May 31, 2007

2nd visit September 21, 2007

3rd visit December 21, 2007

4th visit March 29, 2008

Engaged April 1, 2008 (I know...April Fool's Day...what a day to decide to spend your life together haha)

I-129F mailed June 6, 2008

NOA1 June 19, 2008

Touched July 9, 2008

Touched Nov. 4, 2008

NOA2 Nov. 4, 2008 (FINALLY)

NOA2 received Nov. 12, 2008

Packet 3 received Nov. 14, 2008

Packet 3 sent Nov. 27, 2008

Packet 4 received Dec. 3, 2008

Medical exam scheduled Dec. 16, 2008

Interview scheduled Jan. 6, 2009

K1 Visa APPROVED!!! Jan. 8, 2009

US Entry Feb. 3, 2009

Wedding Feb. 14, 2009

9331.gif

piko1b812n.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.