Jakey-Matey

USPS Priority Mail - Delivery Confirmation

2 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I have been inactive for quite a while because I got a RFE 3 weeks ago and have been dealing with it since.

Not to mention that I am pulling up floor boards at my house, so that has taken quite a bit of time off of my hands.

Anyway, to the point of this thread.

On August 12th 2008, I sent out all the required information to satisfy the RFE I got (the RFE was because my wife, the main sponsor, did not send out a I-864, even though I called the USCIS 3x before sending out my Adjustment of Status package, and they told me she did not have to send out anything ¬¬)

The package was sent as Priority Mail Service, with Delivery Confirmation.

I never received notification from the USCIS that tells me they received the package, and this is starting to worry me, seeing as the case could be abandoned in a few weeks.

The information of how it was delivered is below (Copied from the USPS Tracking service)

Delivered, August 14, 2008, 4:06 pm, LEES SUMMIT, MO 64002

Arrival at Pick-Up-Point, August 14, 2008, 1:35 pm, LEES SUMMIT, MO 64002

Arrival at Unit, August 14, 2008, 1:13 pm, LEES SUMMIT, MO 64064

Acceptance, August 12, 2008, 11:43 am, TIPP CITY, OH 45371

So I am just curious to know if my case has actually been received at the USCIS place, or if it hasn't. Considering the USCIS site (Tracking your case feature) just tells me it is Received and pending for both of these:

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On June 11, 2008, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

"Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

On June 11, 2008, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Not to mention that the USCIS will not tell me any information about the case over the phone, as to whether they received it or not, I am in a bit of a quagmire, giggity giggity.

So if anyone has any feedback about what is happening with my case, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------

I-129F Process:

2007/06/26 - I-129F Petition sent to Nebraska service center

2007/07/03 - NOA1 Hard Copy, and notification that it has been forwarded to the California Service center

2007/07/10 - Touch

2007/11/20 - Approved - NOA2

2007/12/13 - Petition received at the NVC

2007/12/22 - Hardcopy of notice that the petition has now been forwarded to the US Embassy in London.

2008/01/05 - Received Packet from US Embassy.

2008/01/11 - Medical examination

2008/01/16 - Received Police Clearance Record

2008/01/16 - Sent back out Packet to the US Embassy.

2008/02/26 - INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!

2008/05/08 - Married!!!!

I-485/I-765 Process:

2008/05/22 - Sent out adjustment of status package.

2008/06/05 - Package sent back due to wrong address

2008/06/06 - Sent package back out

2008/06/11 - Pending notices received

2008/06/17 - Appointment notice received

2008/06/26 - Biometrics appointment - Appointment successful

2008/??/?? - RFE - Sponsor did not fill out I-864

2008/08/12 - RFE sent back out

2008/11/12 - Service request in effect.

2008/12/03 - No news on if they received my case back (RFE), no news on my EAD or AOS. Starting to get severely annoyed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Hi all.

I have been inactive for quite a while because I got a RFE 3 weeks ago and have been dealing with it since.

Not to mention that I am pulling up floor boards at my house, so that has taken quite a bit of time off of my hands.

Anyway, to the point of this thread.

On August 12th 2008, I sent out all the required information to satisfy the RFE I got (the RFE was because my wife, the main sponsor, did not send out a I-864, even though I called the USCIS 3x before sending out my Adjustment of Status package, and they told me she did not have to send out anything ¬¬)

The package was sent as Priority Mail Service, with Delivery Confirmation.

I never received notification from the USCIS that tells me they received the package, and this is starting to worry me, seeing as the case could be abandoned in a few weeks.

The information of how it was delivered is below (Copied from the USPS Tracking service)

Delivered, August 14, 2008, 4:06 pm, LEES SUMMIT, MO 64002

Arrival at Pick-Up-Point, August 14, 2008, 1:35 pm, LEES SUMMIT, MO 64002

Arrival at Unit, August 14, 2008, 1:13 pm, LEES SUMMIT, MO 64064

Acceptance, August 12, 2008, 11:43 am, TIPP CITY, OH 45371

So I am just curious to know if my case has actually been received at the USCIS place, or if it hasn't. Considering the USCIS site (Tracking your case feature) just tells me it is Received and pending for both of these:

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On June 11, 2008, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

"Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

On June 11, 2008, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Not to mention that the USCIS will not tell me any information about the case over the phone, as to whether they received it or not, I am in a bit of a quagmire, giggity giggity.

So if anyone has any feedback about what is happening with my case, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

The delivery confirmation notice comes to you from the U.S. Postal Service and may take awhile. "Return Receipt Requested" costs more, but you get the receipt fairly quickly. As you did track the mailing, you can be assured that it arrived safely.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.