staycool

Is this NOA correct? worried about a mistake

4 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I just filled my Adjustment of Status this august and received an NOA1. But the problem is that the NOA only states my case type as I-131 - Application for Travel Document. While i actually applied and submitted other main documents as I-485 Application to adjust status, I-765 EAD, etc. Now i am worried this is not a correct NOA1 as i think it should bear that i am applying to adjust status. Also the NOA states the amount received as $0.00 while i paid $1010 for the entire package. please kindly advice me on what to do.

Thanks

Hello All,

I just filled my Adjustment of Status this august and received an NOA1. But the problem is that the NOA only states my case type as I-131 - Application for Travel Document. While i actually applied and submitted other main documents as I-485 Application to adjust status, I-765 EAD, etc. Now i am worried this is not a correct NOA1 as i think it should bear that i am applying to adjust status. Also the NOA states the amount received as $0.00 while i paid $1010 for the entire package. please kindly advice me on what to do.

Thanks

They are sending a separate letter for each of the forms you filed in...so don't freak out ;)

It happens sometimes for the people to receive them all at once or separate (which I see it is your case as well)

Don't worry for now and just be patient ;)

AOS file sent on 06/18/2008

NOA 1 06/27/2008

Bio Appt 07/25/2008

Interview 11/05/2008 APPROVED!

Card Production order 11/05/2008 and again on 11/10/2008

Touched 11/06/2008, 11/12/2008

Approval Notice Received 11/10/2008

GC Received in the mail 11/17/2008

152 DAYS

ROC sent 08/08/2010

NOA 1 08/11/2010

Bio Appt 09/02/2010

Touched 09/03/2010 1 day after bio..I wonder why?

Approval Notice Received 11/22/2010 dated 11/18/2010

GC Received in the mail 11/26/2010

109 DAYS

N-400 sent 06/19/2012

NOA 1 06/20/2012

Check Cashed in 06/25/2012

Bio Appt 07/09/2012

Message that I am in line for interview on 07/12/2012

Interview letter received 08/28/2012

Interview 10/03/2012 PASSED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Hello All,

Thanks

Often you'll receive separate NOA's for each application filed and once you receive the one for the I 485 it''ll show the $1010 that was paid...no worries, everything is fine...might just take a few more days for the other NOA's to get to your mailbox...

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

July 17.......AOS received
July 21.......NOA1 receipt date

July 23.......Check Cashed
July 25.......Received NOA1

July 28.......Received Biometrics appointment
Aug 12.....received RFE notice

Aug 13...Biometrics Appointment

August 19...RFE received, case resumed processing
Oct. 8.........EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 16.......EAD Approval noticed mailed
Oct. 18........EAD in hand (came in mail)
Nov 3.........Interview Notice received in mail
Dec 4.........Interview APPROVED, CRIS email: card production ordered
Dec 9.........Welcome noticed received in mail Dec 9.........card production ordered
Dec 14.......Received greencard in mail

CITIZENSHIP (2014):
May 7...Application mailed out

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.