ShokoySirena

Question: CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) or Singleness

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am confused :unsure: Please help

My fiance is Filipina, divorced from her Japanese husband. We've already submitted our I129F and we are going through the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo. We already have her Divorce Decree and Report of Divorce from Philippine Embassy Tokyo, and we are currently in the process of amending her passport back to her surname.

My question is, do we still need a CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) or "Singleness" as some might call it, if we are going through U.S. Embassy in Tokyo. I just want to make sure because from what I've researched so far, all we need from the Philippines are her Birth Certificate issued by NSO Santa Mesa, Marriage certificate issued by NSO and NBI clearance.

And if we do need it going through Tokyo, what is the procedure for obtaining one?

Edited by riceisgood23

08-05-2008: Date I-129F Sent

08-13-2008: Date I-129F NOA1

08-18-2008: Touched

12-17-2008: Date I-129F NOA2

12-17-2008: IGOR's List #126

12-23-2008: NVC Received

12-29-2008: NVC Left

01-05-2009: Consulate Received

01-09-2009: Packet 3 Received (Requesting copy of current passport, Divorce decree, and Birth Certificate NOT late registered)

01-13-2009: Packet 3 Sent

01-29-2009: Letter requesting for additional documents (preliminary interview form, Baptismal certificate, previous passports, school records, all old/new ID cards, evidence of ongoing relationship)

02-10-2009: Additional documents sent

03-10-2009: Interview appointment letter received via E-mail

03-23-2009: Interview (Received 221g requesting another Philippines NBI clearance under married name)

04-03-2009: Sent NBI clearance along with current valid passport

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As what I said in your other post..I guess if the marriage was done outside the philppines and the marriage was not reported in NSO (national statistics office) i dont think there will be a record and so she can still have CENOMAR inthe philippines. But it looks like she reported it in the philippine embassy in tokyo and have her surname change to her ex-husband's surname then there's a problem. If they got married in tokyo then the law will apply there, if there's divorce in tokyo then a divorce decree is needed. Have she tried getting CENOMAR in NSO philippines though?

Edited by richo

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.