Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Question: CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) or Singleness

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am confused :unsure: Please help

My fiance is Filipina, divorced from her Japanese husband. We've already submitted our I129F and we are going through the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo. We already have her Divorce Decree and Report of Divorce from Philippine Embassy Tokyo, and we are currently in the process of amending her passport back to her surname.

My question is, do we still need a CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) or "Singleness" as some might call it, if we are going through U.S. Embassy in Tokyo. I just want to make sure because from what I've researched so far, all we need from the Philippines are her Birth Certificate issued by NSO Santa Mesa, Marriage certificate issued by NSO and NBI clearance.

And if we do need it going through Tokyo, what is the procedure for obtaining one?

Edited by riceisgood23

08-05-2008: Date I-129F Sent

08-13-2008: Date I-129F NOA1

08-18-2008: Touched

12-17-2008: Date I-129F NOA2

12-17-2008: IGOR's List #126

12-23-2008: NVC Received

12-29-2008: NVC Left

01-05-2009: Consulate Received

01-09-2009: Packet 3 Received (Requesting copy of current passport, Divorce decree, and Birth Certificate NOT late registered)

01-13-2009: Packet 3 Sent

01-29-2009: Letter requesting for additional documents (preliminary interview form, Baptismal certificate, previous passports, school records, all old/new ID cards, evidence of ongoing relationship)

02-10-2009: Additional documents sent

03-10-2009: Interview appointment letter received via E-mail

03-23-2009: Interview (Received 221g requesting another Philippines NBI clearance under married name)

04-03-2009: Sent NBI clearance along with current valid passport

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As what I said in your other post..I guess if the marriage was done outside the philppines and the marriage was not reported in NSO (national statistics office) i dont think there will be a record and so she can still have CENOMAR inthe philippines. But it looks like she reported it in the philippine embassy in tokyo and have her surname change to her ex-husband's surname then there's a problem. If they got married in tokyo then the law will apply there, if there's divorce in tokyo then a divorce decree is needed. Have she tried getting CENOMAR in NSO philippines though?

Edited by richo



July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008



Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10




Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.