Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Question on EAD delivery / moving to a new state

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. I hope that someone can help me and my husband with our query.

We arrived from the UK with K-3 visa in the U.S. on 6/26 and he applied for a work permit on 7/7. Because we are only on one income, we decided to stay with my parents in Michigan for a while and save money.

However - our ultimate destination is San Francisco.

Because we assumed the work permit would arrive in early October (about 3 months), we have bought a one-way plane ticket to SF for 10/4. I figured that if the work permit arrives after we leave, my parents could send it to us in California.

Now my husband is worried that he will be required to sign for his work permit - and because we won't be in the state, he won't be able to do it! I know how crazy the visa bureaucracy can be and I don't want to screw anything up due to a technicality.

We are not sure if we should cancel our plane ticket and just wait around to book another trip after we have work permit in hand...but that would mean losing quite a bit of cash, of course!

Does anyone have any insight? Do you think it would be problematic to move during this time? Does anyone remember if they had to sign for their work permit?

Thanks in advance!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, No signature needed for receiving the EAD, the post man will just leave it in the mail box.

NOTE: DO NOT FILE A FORWARDING ORDER AT THE POST OFFICE. This will just get the EAD sent back to USCIS as undeliverable.

Also after moving you should file an AR-11 to inform USCIS of your new address.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.