FrankandDelia

5 months and still waiting for Document Verification!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your situation. This is the problem with the government, "incompetent personnel".

I hope the good news in your case is on its way. Good luck.

Shape

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can give us some advice. My fiancee had her interview on March 3rd and everything went fine but we had to wait for the document verification. My fiancee's registry of birth document had a mistake in her name which meant that she needed 2 document verifications...one with her real name and then one with the mistake.

Her first document verification came back from the NSO on April 19 and that was fine. Next, the embassy sent the 2nd document verification to the NSO for this name with the mistake and we are still waiting for a response from the NSO...it's been over 4 months for this 2nd doc. verification. The embassy sent another request for this doc. verification on June 17 and then they sent another request on August 8. After all this time and 3 requests for this doc. verification, we are still waiting for the NSO to finish this doc. verification.

My Senator sent a congressional inquiry last week to the embassy to see what's taking so long, but Miss Grace said they will probably get the same answer I get every week...still waiting for the doc. verification. My fiancee never used this name with the mistake and she actually had a lawyer change the mistake on the registry of births document in 2002. I'm starting to wonder if the NSO can't find any record of this name with the mistake and therefore can't complete the doc. verification until they verify that it's a real name. I'm not sure why else this would be taking so long. Even Miss Grace admits this is a rare case that is taking way too long for the doc. verification. I've tried to stay patient and trust that God will take care of everything, which I'm sure he will, but I just wonder if there is more that we can do to get some answers. Is there anyone we can contact at the NSO to find out what's happening with our doc. verification. I've questioned over and over to MIss Grace why someone from the embassy can't just call the NSO and find out why this is taking so long. Maybe the answer is simple and easy, but we're just not getting any answers and it seems that the embassy acts like they're at the mercy of the NSO and can't do anything about it. Has anyone else come across a situation like this and is there anything we can do besides waiting and waiting. Does anyone know, if the NSO can't find a record of the name they're given, what do they do? So many questions, so few answers. I'd appreciate any suggestions people can give us. We're willing to try about anything now just to get some answers and clarity as to why this is taking so long. Thank you and good luck to everyone in their own visa journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.