RalphandHanh

visa to Vietnam

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When I went in January, I had a Vietnamese travel agent book my flight. I want to do it myself this time but I'm having a problem finding out what the fees are. I went to the Vietnam embassy page and click the link for the fee but there is nothing there. Or should I use a travel agent again? Any thoughts? I want to visit mid to late Sept.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
When I went in January, I had a Vietnamese travel agent book my flight. I want to do it myself this time but I'm having a problem finding out what the fees are. I went to the Vietnam embassy page and click the link for the fee but there is nothing there. Or should I use a travel agent again? Any thoughts? I want to visit mid to late Sept.

The fee was $65 when I got one in April of this year. There is a number you can call on the form you will fill out to get your Visa. They can tell you for sure.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline

The fee was $65 when I got one in April of this year. There is a number you can call on the form you will fill out to get your Visa. They can tell you for sure.

Good thanks :thumbs:

Timeline

Hi Ralph!

I'm heading that way too in mid sept and just did my Visa myself. I downloaded the pdf from the embassy website and sent a money order to the San Fran office for $45 along with the application, my itinerary, 2 photos (they only ask for 1), my passport, and a return envelope. Had it back a week later with the Visa pasted into my passport. Very, very easy!

Heres the link: http://www.vietnamembassy.us/consular_services/visa_info/

See ya in VN!

Our K1 Timeline

03.11 - 4.10.2005 - Met on vacation in Vietnam

10.25 - 11.19.2005 - Returned to Vietnam & got engaged 11.1.05

12.29.2005 - I-129F Sent

01.04.2006 - I-129F NOA1/Receipt and Case Number

03.23.2006 - NOA2

04.05.2006 - Rec'd @ NVC

04.07.2006 - Left for HCMC

04.08.2006 - e-file in HCMC

05.10.2006 - HCMC sends out packet 3

06.02.2006 - Rec'd packet 3

06.05.2006 - sent forms back to HCMC

07.17.2006 - called and got Interview date

07.20.2006 - Rec'd packet 4

08.10.2006 - ***INTERVIEW*** - Blue slip

08.11.2006 - Went to embassy with add'l evidence - Green Slip

03.23.2007 - both of us interviewed and ....PASSED

03.24.2007 - Picked up VISA!!!!!

04.11.2007 - Got Married!

07.18.2007 - Mailed AOS paperwork

08.28.2007 - RFE

09.18.2007 - Mailed back add'l paperwork

10.12.2007 - EAD card issued

11.14.2007 - notified by phone of Interview in 2 days!

11.16.2007 - INTERVIEW (RFE given for add'l evidences..again!)

12.06.2007 - Dropped off evidences at USCIS office

12.18.2007 - I485 Card Production Ordered

12.29.2007 - Card Rec'd!!!

11.19.2009 - I-751 filed for lifting conditions

11.20.2009 - Issued NOA

01.22.2010 - photo and fingerprints

02.03.2010 - lifting conditions APPROVED!!

02.09.2010 - card rec'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??????????? - All of our lives together to figure out the rest ;)

Timeline
Hi Ralph!

I'm heading that way too in mid sept and just did my Visa myself. I downloaded the pdf from the embassy website and sent a money order to the San Fran office for $45 along with the application, my itinerary, 2 photos (they only ask for 1), my passport, and a return envelope. Had it back a week later with the Visa pasted into my passport. Very, very easy!

Heres the link: http://www.vietnamembassy.us/consular_services/visa_info/

See ya in VN!

Awesome! Thanks. I can't wait to see my honey again :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would call San Francisco for the fees for your type of visa. Maybe call them twice. I got 2 different numbers when I called, and I didn't have a lot of time for errors, so I paid the higher one ($150 for a 3 month multi-entry).

San Francisco is faster than Washington, so I'd send it there, irrespective of where you live.

Timeline
I would call San Francisco for the fees for your type of visa. Maybe call them twice. I got 2 different numbers when I called, and I didn't have a lot of time for errors, so I paid the higher one ($150 for a 3 month multi-entry).

San Francisco is faster than Washington, so I'd send it there, irrespective of where you live.

Thanks I will call them first. I just booked my flight. Philly to San Francisco and San Francisco to HCMC! And the same coming back. I'm a little freaked out about spending 18 hours in a plane but I hate to stop and get off a plane 2 or 3 times.

Filed: Timeline

You can get your Visa when you arrive at SGN (Tan Son Nhat airport) if you are in hurry. When coming back to VN in last late april, my sister in law just buy ticket in 1 day (since her dad died) and got the same plane with me. She got her Visa about 15 min at airport.

Timeline

18 hours in a plane is even worse when you are a fat guy such as myself. I have found that if you have to ride in the cheap seats like I do then the window seat in row 59 or 60 is good for lots of leg room. Plus the ride in the "back of the bus" is much more eventful. Going into and out of Hong Kong is quite fun. It is like riding a roller coster. I was very impressed that the plane held together after the beating we seem to take. But that could have been because I was in the very tail of the plane. Either way it was good fun.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline
18 hours in a plane is even worse when you are a fat guy such as myself. I have found that if you have to ride in the cheap seats like I do then the window seat in row 59 or 60 is good for lots of leg room. Plus the ride in the "back of the bus" is much more eventful. Going into and out of Hong Kong is quite fun. It is like riding a roller coster. I was very impressed that the plane held together after the beating we seem to take. But that could have been because I was in the very tail of the plane. Either way it was good fun.

The front and the back of the plane experieces more "movement" whenever the plane pitches or yaws because the plane rotates about it's center of gravity, which is somewhere around the 1/4 of the chord back from the leading edge of the wing. (Essentially, the plane's center of gravity is 25% back from the front of the wing.) The farther you are sitting from this point, the more you'll feel of the plane's movement (except in turns). The smoothest seat would be to sit at the plane's center of gravity. Turbulence, however, affects the plane everywhere, so there's no way to escape that.

There are also bending moments in the plane, but I don't know too much about that. The plane does "flex" while in flight ... a professor once told me that if you stand at the back of a 747 (or other long plane), look forward down the aisle when the curtains are open, you can see the distant "exit" signs move up and down as the plane bends.

One reason why we don't have flying-wing commercial airplanes yet is because seats on the outer edge of the wing will experience a lot of movement when the aircraft banks. (Watch the wings go up or down when the plane is in a turn, and imagine sitting at the edge of the wing!)

Typically, however, the rear of the plane is also the safest since most planes will hit the ground nose-first.

Sorry, this had nothing to do with the original topic. :)

Edited by LuckyDucky

Timeline

The front and the back of the plane experieces more "movement" whenever the plane pitches or yaws because the plane rotates about it's center of gravity, which is somewhere around the 1/4 of the chord back from the leading edge of the wing. (Essentially, the plane's center of gravity is 25% back from the front of the wing.) The farther you are sitting from this point, the more you'll feel of the plane's movement (except in turns). The smoothest seat would be to sit at the plane's center of gravity. Turbulence, however, affects the plane everywhere, so there's no way to escape that.

There are also bending moments in the plane, but I don't know too much about that. The plane does "flex" while in flight ... a professor once told me that if you stand at the back of a 747 (or other long plane), look forward down the aisle when the curtains are open, you can see the distant "exit" signs move up and down as the plane bends.

One reason why we don't have flying-wing commercial airplanes yet is because seats on the outer edge of the wing will experience a lot of movement when the aircraft banks. (Watch the wings go up or down when the plane is in a turn, and imagine sitting at the edge of the wing!)

Typically, however, the rear of the plane is also the safest since most planes will hit the ground nose-first.

LOL - wow! I didn't know I was going to get a lesson in flying :D The last time I went, I boarded late on the way back, so I could look for a nice empty spot. On the way over it was packed because I went in January. Everyone was going back for Tet. I hope this time it will be less crowded so I can find me a nice open spot :) I liked the left center of the plane where the air staff sit next to the emergency door. More leg room :lol: still 18+ hours on a plane is just painful. And I can't sleep on a plane either. Might have to get my doc to give me ambian.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

LOL - wow! I didn't know I was going to get a lesson in flying :D The last time I went, I boarded late on the way back, so I could look for a nice empty spot. On the way over it was packed because I went in January. Everyone was going back for Tet. I hope this time it will be less crowded so I can find me a nice open spot :) I liked the left center of the plane where the air staff sit next to the emergency door. More leg room :lol: still 18+ hours on a plane is just painful. And I can't sleep on a plane either. Might have to get my doc to give me ambian.

Buy some OTC sleeping pills. Pop 2 and wash em down with a Scotch. Works everytime for me.

Edited by Kevin and Tuyen

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

Heh, sorry, I figured the original question was well-answered already, so I thought I'd chime in since I enjoy aeronautics so much. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Heh, sorry, I figured the original question was well-answered already, so I thought I'd chime in since I enjoy aeronautics so much. :)

I think its amazing how the wings on a plane flex so much during a flight and not break. Its almost scary to watch.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

I think its amazing how the wings on a plane flex so much during a flight and not break. Its almost scary to watch.

Yeah I watch the wings once.... Once! :lol:

A friend of mine from church told me to take benadryl and a shot of something. Its worth a try I guess :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.