72 posts in this topic

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for all the reply here, this thread is open for help especially related to topic, sure greatly appreciated!!!

vj really helps a lot here, so for those who want to help their fair share!!!

Thank you for all the reply here, this thread is open for help especially related to topic, sure greatly appreciated!!!

I am not sure what your friend can do at this point.... If I were her, I wouldn't go to the interview. If her and her fiance' want to continue the relationship and get married in the future, then she needs to get the annullment and start the K-1 over again if she chooses that route. As far as what will happen to her case now, someone else who knows the answer would be better to answer that....

Timeline

I am not sure what your friend can do at this point.... If I were her, I wouldn't go to the interview. If her and her fiance' want to continue the relationship and get married in the future, then she needs to get the annullment and start the K-1 over again if she chooses that route. As far as what will happen to her case now, someone else who knows the answer would be better to answer that....

i hope somebody can share some their experience too, i cant even tell what might happen next!!! or do they need to stop the application? or what...whewww..its such a mess for her and for her fiancee!!!

Thanks girl!!!

Timeline

i hope somebody can share some their experience too, i cant even tell what might happen next!!! or do they need to stop the application? or what...whewww..its such a mess for her and for her fiancee!!!

Thanks girl!!!

I am not claiming to be an expert when it comes to annulment. But with the things Ive gone through, (Two annulments. One is in the grounds of psychologically incapacitated and one is fraud) I've learned so many things. In fact, more than what I bargained for, it made me think that at 32, yeah Im still naive. Its not unusual for a Filipina to be separated but not annulled. For the reason that this "annulment" is for those who have money and connections. Usually, the Filipina who is separated just forgets that she is married and just move on with her life. She may be thinking that she doesn't need her marriage to be annulled since its either she doesn't have plans to re-marry or that she is hopeful she will find someone who will accept her situation. Then she would meet an American and fall in love. Its not as if there is an option to just move in or live in together (unless they opt to settle here in Philippines). That's the time she will think that there's a need for annulment. I have researched a lot of cases wherein in desperate attempt to have an annulment (because of fiancee visa), they would use the "presumptive death" reason eventhough the husband is very much alive. In fact, he is just her neighbor. So many cases that I learned that I won't mention anymore. But it helped me understand why there is this "Document Verification" process.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Timeline

Thanks girl!!!

I am not claiming to be an expert when it comes to annulment. But with the things Ive gone through, (Two annulments. One is in the grounds of psychologically incapacitated and one is fraud) I've learned so many things. In fact, more than what I bargained for, it made me think that at 32, yeah Im still naive. Its not unusual for a Filipina to be separated but not annulled. For the reason that this "annulment" is for those who have money and connections. Usually, the Filipina who is separated just forgets that she is married and just move on with her life. She may be thinking that she doesn't need her marriage to be annulled since its either she doesn't have plans to re-marry or that she is hopeful she will find someone who will accept her situation. Then she would meet an American and fall in love. Its not as if there is an option to just move in or live in together (unless they opt to settle here in Philippines). That's the time she will think that there's a need for annulment. I have researched a lot of cases wherein in desperate attempt to have an annulment (because of fiancee visa), they would use the "presumptive death" reason eventhough the husband is very much alive. In fact, he is just her neighbor. So many cases that I learned that I won't mention anymore. But it helped me understand why there is this "Document Verification" process.

Thanks good for you that you had moved on with your life and having a documented papers is a plus, i understand document verification process too, it will effect generally in all of us here, but some of us are lucky enough to have pink slip even not paying the DV.

i will talk to my friend later, ill let her read this topic,

if she lied to her fiancee about her status here, well its her fault,

being a nice friend, in her behalf ive done my part, and im happy for this, but im not happy for her situation right now,

thanks and God Bless to all of us....still anthing you can share that may help her in the future and ever if she like to go for annulment thing that a good thing!!!! Thanks for being helpfull, thanks for being a good samaritan!!!!

Timeline

Tell her that annulment is her only option whether she is getting married or not, whether she told her fiancee or not. She has to do that to move on. I feel sorry for your friend. She is probably very depressed right now. But we can not judge her cuz we don't know her life.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

agreed to this post.

at sa babaeng na yon isa lang ang tawag TANGGA.

well one thing, i dnt think she knows what she's doing..

why would u hide something or lie on legal document like that.. IMO.. :whistle:

it takes so much courage to do that..

and mind you guys..

the reason why people are suffering from DV is cos somebody tried to fool USEM through the required documents..

We are just observing.. There were some who pretends to be newbie but to our surprise, eventually they knew lots of things about particular people in VJ..

One could browse this site and forums for years and not make an account. Then one day decide to create one and become a newbie but familiar with a lot of members.

What's your point? Why dont you just stop making assumptions and go straight down to the point?

Thanks girl!!!

please tell your friend ang masasabi ko siya ay tanga 5x

We are just observing.. There were some who pretends to be newbie but to our surprise, eventually they knew lots of things about particular people in VJ..

One could browse this site and forums for years and not make an account. Then one day decide to create one and become a newbie but familiar with a lot of members.

What's your point? Why dont you just stop making assumptions and go straight down to the point?

Timeline

Thanks girl!!!

please tell your friend ang masasabi ko siya ay tanga 5x

oh well, thank you, kung wala ka na masabi na maganda at makakatulong for her, please stop,

one word is enough for her...

Timeline
Tell her that annulment is her only option whether she is getting married or not, whether she told her fiancee or not. She has to do that to move on. I feel sorry for your friend. She is probably very depressed right now. But we can not judge her cuz we don't know her life.

hello there, excited???? uhum, Goodluck, my friend now loking for annulment, shes doing some research about lawyer too,

i can feel your excitemennt like you, 3 days from now ill be waking up beside my baby!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.