andy28

Medical? Haven't received Packet 4...confused :(

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys!

While we are waiting for my fiance's packet 4 to arrive from the consulate in Rio, we are trying to line up her medical exams. The problem is she called 2 approved consulate doctors in Rio and they both mentioned different exams she needs to have.

My fiance currently has health insurance and wants get all the exams she can here in Foz do Iguaçu before we go to the consulate doctor in Rio.

Does anyone know where I can get a list of the exams required at the consulate doctor? What exams can she get at her local doctor here in Foz?

Thanks again :thumbs:

andy and pam

-------------------------------

AOS Process

3/10/06---Pamela and I arrive in the states from Brasil

3/23/06---We got married!!!!yeh!!!!!

4/11/06---Our first NOA for the I-485 and I-765

5/20/06---Our green card interview was scheduled for 7/28/06

6/03/06---We moved to Phoenix, AZ and had to cancel our interview

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/07/06---Green Card Approved!!!! (Now only the wait by mail)

8/14/06---Received "Welcome to the USA" letter in the mail.

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

the White Card, ha)....immigration free for 2 years!!

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Hey guys!

While we are waiting for my fiance's packet 4 to arrive from the consulate in Rio, we are trying to line up her medical exams. The problem is she called 2 approved consulate doctors in Rio and they both mentioned different exams she needs to have.

My fiance currently has health insurance and wants get all the exams she can here in Foz do Iguaçu before we go to the consulate doctor in Rio.

Does anyone know where I can get a list of the exams required at the consulate doctor? What exams can she get at her local doctor here in Foz?

Thanks again :thumbs:

andy and pam

Don't cheap out and use non-approved doctors. The exams are simple but the doctors are required to fill out the correct DOS forms. Improperly filled forms will delay your visa as you will probably have to redo the medical. The exams should not cost you more than $200. For women I think they do a pelvic exam, take a urine sample, blood sample, and chest x-ray.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Andy!!!

She just needs to ask the consulate's doctor for the tests and then do it in Foz do Iguacu... All the doctors are very friendly and willing to help.

But basicly, the tests are for HIV I and II, Sifilis and Varicela (in case she lost her vaccinations sheet from childhood). After december 2005, the doctors are making the gonorrea examination too (gynecologist exam), and the consulate doctor can do it by the time of the consultation with all the other stuff (eg: measure blood pressure, weight, etc...).

Hope it helps,

Carol :thumbs:

EDIT: I forgot to mention the Chest X-Ray (just front).

Edited by Carol&Marc

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Timeline

Hi Carol!!

It's good to hear from you again! So how's life in the states? I don't think I'm ready to leave Brazil....especially before the World Cup! My soon to be brother-in-law was telling me stories when Brazil won the last World Cup. Oh well...hopefully we can find some other supporters of Brazilian soccer in the states :dance:

Thanks for your help!!

andy

AOS Process

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi Carol!!

It's good to hear from you again! So how's life in the states? I don't think I'm ready to leave Brazil....especially before the World Cup! My soon to be brother-in-law was telling me stories when Brazil won the last World Cup. Oh well...hopefully we can find some other supporters of Brazilian soccer in the states :dance:

Thanks for your help!!

andy

Hey Andy!!!

Good to hear from ya too!!! Suggestion: Stay to watch the games in Brasil... Big time... Lots of party!!! The country stops to watch it!!! Lots of fun!!!

My life here is great!!! Just a lil bit frustrating to not be able to work and drive, but will be soon!!! Aw! I'm trying to figer out to pay the sattelite cable channel from Brasil to watch the games here... :(

Good luck for you and Pam!!!

Carol :luv:

I forgot to ask... Where in USA you and Pam are going to live??? I see you applied for Nebraska... I'm in WA state...

Let me know, maybe we can watch the games somewhere everybody together!!!

Carol

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Timeline

Hi again Carol!

Glad to hear all is well with you :D

Well unfortunately we can't stay in Brazil as I need to return back to the U.S. to begin paying back on my student loans. (Don't forget I've been here since Jan. 2005).

Pamela and I will be living in the state of Iowa....quite a long way from where you are.

We too will be excited to watch the games on t.v. :no:

GO BRASIL!!!

ate logo,

andy

AOS Process

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.