baku

Help needed: RFE is stating inccorect info

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Could anybody help? I received RFE containing the following info:

"You entered the US as spouse of an alien. However, you claim no previous marriage. Please explain. Submit a legible copy of the final divorce decree that shows proof of filing, or the death certificate issued by the civil authorities, that terminated the prior marriage between you and your former spouse."

I entered the US long time ago and been a citizen for many years, however I have NEVER been married in my life! And never entered the US as spouse of an alien.

Anybody has an idea? what should i do in this case?

Gladly appreciate any help!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is the A# on the letter the same as yours was? Do you even remember?

Maybe they just gave away your old alien number and the computer never fixed the name and address associated with it.

Very wierd.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Is the A# on the letter the same as yours was? Do you even remember?

Maybe they just gave away your old alien number and the computer never fixed the name and address associated with it.

Very wierd.

wow! you are so right, the A# is totally different on the RFE!!! thank you so much, I have never noticed! Should I call them now?

Well, actually I was wrong when saying that it is a mistake with A# on RFE. I called them, and the lady told me that the A# on RFE is the new number for my fiance, basically the number already been assigned to her, it will be her A# when she comes to US.

So, I asked her, why I was asked to provde the divorce document if I have never been divorced. She said this only might happen if I stated that I was divorced or widowed in the original application. I have checked to make sure, and I have put "single" everywhere!

This is so frastrating, after waiting for exactly 5 month, day to day from my NOA1, I am getting absolutely stupid RFE which is asking me to provide something that I can't provide!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

wow, sorry you're having to deal with this.

What did the RFE line say to do since you obviously can't supply them with something you don't have or never needed???

Maybe just a letter stating you were never married and that you did not check married anywhere on the forms ...oh and btw.. please expedite this petition since you held it up for no good reason. ;)

timeline.jpg

Here is what it said:

"You entered the US as spouse of an alien. However, you claim no previous marriage. Please explain. Submit a legible copy of the final divorce decree that shows proof of filing, or the death certificate issued by the civil authorities, that terminated the prior marriage between you and your former spouse."

I did exactly as you said - sent them a letter explaining that this doesn't apply to me and I never been married in my life, and that is a mistake. I was quick enough, sent it with certified mail, they already got it as the usps site says. Hopefully, this will move quickly. Thanks for your support!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.