babybunny

CALLING ALL GOING THOUGH ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN- OFF TOPIC

1,982 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey shon...I don't think there is anything wrong with you if you don't want to practice sacrificing animals. I like the idea of donating better and I amsolutely hate goat meat...I think it stinks...I just got the feeling that you were putting my culture down...especially when you said that there are better ways to celebrate Eid...

And Arijit...when I was reading your first post my hubby was sitting next to me and he saw my reaction...I was like sooo devastated...I was like oh no Arijit bhai can't be against me...he immediately told me to type this and that and I was like no you don't understand we go way back...lol...now I think he's jealous...

I just got a tad offended....oye this is why I feel I should keep my mouth shut...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
And Arijit...when I was reading your first post my hubby was sitting next to me and he saw my reaction...I was like sooo devastated...I was like oh no Arijit bhai can't be against me...he immediately told me to type this and that and I was like no you don't understand we go way back...lol...now I think he's jealous...

I just got a tad offended....oye this is why I feel I should keep my mouth shut...

If it makes you feel better, I have this exact same conversation with my own parents and in-laws quite often.

Edit: By "same", I mean parallel...

Edited by Agent Smith

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

uhmm let me see I kill a goat. then pass the meat to my neighbours

they call the police on me. because, they dont know me. they certainly dont speak english. in this day and age. with muslim panic people will target my home. i wont put my famiy through that.

You make it sound like you're handing out the blood-dripping severed head to your neighbors, lol.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

they call the police on me. because, they dont know me. they certainly dont speak english. in this day and age. with muslim panic people will target my home. i wont put my famiy through that.

Why is it that you keep insisting on killing a goat in your appartment? You have been told multiple of times by several people that it is NOT something practiced in the US, but you keep insisting on bringing a goat in your appartment to kill. Why is it so difficult for you to get?

You make it sound like you're handing out the blood-dripping severed head to your neighbors, lol.

I wont be offering them nothing.. they keep to themself. I keep to myself.

Sadia is talking about killing a goat when the baby is born. thats how this issue got started.

shon.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Why is it that you keep insisting on killing a goat in your appartment? You have been told multiple of times by several people that it is NOT something practiced in the US, but you keep insisting on bringing a goat in your appartment to kill. Why is it so difficult for you to get?

You can take the boy out of the country, but you will never be able to take the country out of the boy!!! (L)

Woo hoo Laney. Our POE will be in Chicago, MO says that its few questions in and out in 5-10 minutes Inshallah

Will be thinking of yah on tuesday evening :dance: duas for safe journey

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Timeline

Sadia, might be able to do this goat thing in Fargo, who knows, here all the time people bringing meat, farmer gave me a lamb(september), had to explain to manni that i went it to Quaker butcher, he asked if they said the prayer , i said they are quakers they are always saying prayers :whistle:

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Sadia is talking about killing a goat when the baby is born. thats how this issue got started.

In Sadia's post, unlike you, she never mentions any where about bringing a goat in her apartment and killing it at her apartment. I am sure she is smart enough to know the right way of following Islam's practice and respecting her religion. You are the only one willing to kill a goat in your apartment. Below is Sadia's post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...opic=145&st=397

Timeline

Asalam Alai U kum

I am so sorry I got mixed up on the visa congrats,,

that is SO like me to get people mixed up but I sure

mean well,I just remember what it was like waiting all

them months for jani to come home.

so Inshallah u all get reunited soon,horrible to see u all

suffer. I see the goat subject on here,this is how it goes..

Jani's sending money back home to pakistan to his parents

and they take it from there in the sacrificing.

I'll never disrespect tradition(religion),,it's just as an american goats are

well there like little pets on farms here,sort of like how u felt

as a kid watching bambi's mom getting killed.

u know so I know all about eid and the goats but I never knew

about the goat sacrificing after a birth,it just took me bye suprise.

I do know my husbands salamian friend had a goat butchered for

there eid, a farmer he knows of did it for him.

for the head shaping now that scares me,I don't know if thats religion

or not...jani really dont know he just said everyone has done it there in his

family and so when we first met he was just amazed bye my round forhead

..I guess it's just ,,,we are taught here to be so careful with the babys head

I never dreamed of molding or shaping it.but everyone in pakistan survives it

so I mean I guess we will see what happens.

if his ami was here I'd feel more comfortable but I know I am not touching that

babys head! I dont think he will know how to do it either,he sais he can try but

I dont know guys that one kind of touches me wrong ..

maybe more pakistani's know more on this subject and can enlighten me some.

shaving the head ,,uggh what about the ribons and bows? haha well the one mainly

will be my mother to freak out on that unless I keep bonnets on her head.

it's so interesting I think the customs and traditions that come with having a child

in international marriages.

jani will speak to the baby in urdo and i'll do the english ,,I think that is a cool idea

I just hope I know now of all the traditions so I dont freak out or get surpised.

I think the religion will be on the babys wristband right?

god if jani sees a priest hanging over the isolett he will freak out.

lots of priests visit the babies in our hospital.

so much to think about..ok i'll cut the drama hehe.

I better eat before he gets on break he will be calling to see if I ate again for the

hundreth time.

Love to all..

ALLAH HAFIZ

Laney u like Mishel?? thankyou:) u can steal the name sure..

we just are glad to agree with janis family ona name finally thats

another tradition i wasnt used to .oking it with the mother and father.

one prob IF it happens to be a boy cause u know ultrasounds CAN be wrong..

u people give me your best muslim baby boy names ok?

Love Sadia

In Sadia's post, unlike you, she never mentions any where about bringing a goat in her apartment and killing it at her apartment. I am sure she is smart enough to know the right way of following Islam's practice and respecting her religion. You are the only one willing to kill a goat in your apartment. Below is Sadia's post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...opic=145&st=397

Perdesi.

this topic is done. I talked to my husband about this practice he told me he dont practice this. thank god!

shon.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Woo hoo Laney. Our POE will be in Chicago, MO says that its few questions in and out in 5-10 minutes Inshallah

hey Cindi! our POE will be Denver.. I hope its easy - sitting outside the immigration exit will be the longest 15 minutes (to an hour) of my life. my last POE from pakistan was Houston - and it was brutal - once he saw the Pak visa in my passport he looked through every article of clothing and picture I had - I was sooo sick from food poisoning at the time.. I wanted to throw up on him so he would hurry the hell up.... :D

duas to manzar also.. that will be funny if they are next to each other from pak to london :dance:

I've got the goat tied up in my garage now for our first dinner... cant wait to BBQ it!

(would you look at that!!.. i didnt let the issue go. you guys were making me tense.. hehehehehe - :lol: )

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

hey Cindi! our POE will be Denver.. I hope its easy - sitting outside the immigration exit will be the longest 15 minutes (to an hour) of my life. my last POE from pakistan was Houston - and it was brutal - once he saw the Pak visa in my passport he looked through every article of clothing and picture I had - I was sooo sick from food poisoning at the time.. I wanted to throw up on him so he would hurry the hell up.... :D

duas to manzar also.. that will be funny if they are next to each other from pak to london :dance:

I've got the goat tied up in my garage now for our first dinner... cant wait to BBQ it!

(would you look at that!!.. i didnt let the issue go. you guys were making me tense.. hehehehehe - :lol: )

I did not have issues going thought POE. its was fast. maybe because, when I travel I am a crew member.

who knows.

I have been under the weather I got the Flu cooties..:(

I just wanna die die die..:( I am in the office right now spreading

the cooties all over the place..

shon.gif

just got the call!

Naseer has Visa in hand! He'll be here Tuesday.... don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight now

Thank god

In case i'm not here tomorrow,,, happy birthday Mary!

'laneysera':

Salam: congratulations to you and to your husband on his visa. My brother will be receiving his visa soon too. Hey just want to reconfirm it again, they told ur husband that they are out of visa stickers, right? and it took him around 4 days to receive his visa. Just want to make sure that we are all told the samething. let me know what exactly they said to him.

salam

Don't hate the player, Hate the game

Peter Griffin: The deep south? Isn't that the place where the black guys are really lazy and all the white guys are just as lazy but they're mad at the black guys for being so lazy?