CALLING ALL GOING THOUGH ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN- OFF TOPIC

1,982 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
where the visa dayum sticker?

Dood wala - brother

Laney

you're too funny Shon....

god, I have waited 8 months but I think this last week has weighed the most on me..

come on Embassy ! send the passport today! grtrrrrrrr

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Laney,

Did Naseer get his visa today? I was hoping you had good news to share today.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone....

I haf a qts.... If anyone can help me. I'm thinking of getting international driving license, (living now in Dubai).... UAE government accept US, Canada and other european licenses and they can give them UAE driving license without anything to do, I mean any driving test or anything. Does US accept UAE license and can i drive their on International license?

Congrats Doodwala for your bro and thanks for reminding with the words of Quran, Jazakallah.

Wish all of u Good luck.... Shon, Mary, Omid and everyone whose on AR/AP.

Allah Hafiz

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone....

I haf a qts.... If anyone can help me. I'm thinking of getting international driving license, (living now in Dubai).... UAE government accept US, Canada and other european licenses and they can give them UAE driving license without anything to do, I mean any driving test or anything. Does US accept UAE license and can i drive their on International license?

Congrats Doodwala for your bro and thanks for reminding with the words of Quran, Jazakallah.

Allah Hafiz

you would still eventually need to get a us license - and do have to take the required tests.......

Timeline

3/09/07 - Mailed out I-751 to TSC - expiration date is 03/13/07 - Cutting it close!

3/12/07 - USPS confirms delivery

3/13/07 - Check clears bank

3/21/07 - Reciept for BioMetrics Fee

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone....

Allah Hafiz

you would still eventually need to get a us license - and do have to take the required tests.......

Actually, generally speaking, that depends on which state he lives in. The US does not issue licenses, individual US states do. This is a concept that I have noticed many foreigners do not grasp. Every state has its own regulations.

For example, in New Jersey, an immigrant with an International Driver Permit has to take the written test but is waived the road test.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

Latest News:

February 24, 2006

I called the Senator's office and asked Blair if she had heard from the embassy since it was over one week ago when I contacted her. She told me that she sent them an email on February 17th and that they had still not responded and as soon as they did she would contact me.

Ishteaq called the embassy too today. He talked to a man and he told him “You are still in processing, do not worry and hope to call you soon. “

Talked to two live persons and at least the man said to not worry. :lol: I needed a laugh today.

muhammadzubair75

I worked in an insurance office. I will tell you each state does set its standards if they will accept an international drivers license. Some make you retest the written and road. Others just the written. Also, some companies will not insure your car until you have a state license from the state your living in. Reason for this is we had an influx of illegals and they used false ID and then had accidents and the company was losing money. If you can look at the state you will reside in for the local DMV Department of Motor Vehicles site and see if they list their rules and regulations. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

:angry: After 26 minutes of the line ringing, a lady answers and tells me the case is still under admin review, it can take 2 mo, 4 mo, or 2 years... I ask for a consular officer, she transfers me to her supervisor, a paki male, told me it's admin review, my fiance has a common name, it's a security issue, the results could come in 2 hrs or up to 2 years later...

Thanks ISL.

called my fiance, he happened to have called the embassy himself a bit earlier, the lady told him the same thing, and that they would call him when they are ready to move forward... my SO was having a bad day yesterday anyways and the embassy's response didn't do too much to lighten it up, so he was irritating me and I kept the call short... I think he needs a Dood wala reminder... AND I don't think he really understands that I'm not just trying to shut him up when I tell him that there are plenty of others who have gone through much longer, grueling timelines than us, and that I was mistaken when I intially thought this would take 6-7 months and he's got that stuck in his head.... his frustration doesn't do much for my patience level but what to do??? Insha'Allah this test will come to a positive conclusion very soon :(

welcome MZ75 - thanks for the well wishes and wishing you the best on your journey as well insha'Allah.

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Timeline

Omid sorry to hear about your posting too. We have to stay positive and they are only telling us we are on AP now. I was hoping that they would respond to the senator and maybe they will soon and tell us why the delays. When Ishteaq called they kept him on hold and then never came back he gave up. Finally after another call he talked to man on the phone.

Please tell your SO that so many of us are waiting. When we all start this process we think it will not take as long. I know his family and my friends all said 6 months tops.

Hopefully it will not take much longer.

Hugs,

Mary

where the visa dayum sticker?

Dood wala - brother

Laney

you're too funny Shon....

god, I have waited 8 months but I think this last week has weighed the most on me..

come on Embassy ! send the passport today! grtrrrrrrr

Laney:

Did your husband receive his passport+package? Sometimes this Amex/fed-ex folks don't call on time. Make sure your husband keeps calling them on daily bases. Let me know if he receives his package.

Don't hate the player, Hate the game

Peter Griffin: The deep south? Isn't that the place where the black guys are really lazy and all the white guys are just as lazy but they're mad at the black guys for being so lazy?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

mini update....

I emailed the Embassy last night to confirm Naseer's visa would be at the Amex on Friday as the lady had told him. They responded that he can pick up the Visa and Packet on Friday or Satruday. Well, Nas went to Amex today at 3 and was told it was not there yet. They were rude and said we will call you, dont come again - so he shot back with - you dont have my new number, I'll come tomorrow anyway - ya him!

So he will try again in the morning. :(

happy thoughts....... there is another flight on Thursday, so Im not so stressed.

I hope everyone gets good news next week, they really seem to be kicking it up a notch ..

Laney:

Did your husband receive his passport+package? Sometimes this Amex/fed-ex folks don't call on time. Make sure your husband keeps calling them on daily bases. Let me know if he receives his package.

Will do!- We were pretty disappointed, but not surprised this morning. I'm so glad Amex is open on Saturday.

Edited by laneysera

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

:angry: After 26 minutes of the line ringing, a lady answers and tells me the case is still under admin review, it can take 2 mo, 4 mo, or 2 years... I ask for a consular officer, she transfers me to her supervisor, a paki male, told me it's admin review, my fiance has a common name, it's a security issue, the results could come in 2 hrs or up to 2 years later...

Thanks ISL.

called my fiance, he happened to have called the embassy himself a bit earlier, the lady told him the same thing, and that they would call him when they are ready to move forward... my SO was having a bad day yesterday anyways and the embassy's response didn't do too much to lighten it up, so he was irritating me and I kept the call short... I think he needs a Dood wala reminder... AND I don't think he really understands that I'm not just trying to shut him up when I tell him that there are plenty of others who have gone through much longer, grueling timelines than us, and that I was mistaken when I intially thought this would take 6-7 months and he's got that stuck in his head.... his frustration doesn't do much for my patience level but what to do??? Insha'Allah this test will come to a positive conclusion very soon :(

welcome MZ75 - thanks for the well wishes and wishing you the best on your journey as well insha'Allah.

Omid:

I certainly feel your pain, but remember we are human we are impatience about everything in our life. There are 2 kind of things that happen in our daily life.

1) Things happen the way we antisipitaed and then 2) Things that don't happen the way we antisipated.

Both are done by the will of Allah (SWT), we can't change them to be done in our favor, so why bother to be impatience. its gonna happen the way it has written in our faith. But remember Prayer changes things. So be positive and keep on praying to Allah (SWT), never ask Allah that you want thins thing to be done this way or that way or you don't want things to done this way or that way. Just pray to Allah that you are my protector, and do what is better for me. leave everything on Allah. Basically if you pray like this, Allah will do what is better for you. This Verse is from Sura Muzzammil:

(He is) Lord of the East and the West: there is no god but He: take Him therefore for (thy) Disposer of Affairs.

basically it means that you chose Allah to be ur defender and protector and believe in his oneness. Its a simple equation....

We all know Allah is the one who feed all human beings and take care of everyone's matter. still we ask Allah please do this for me and please give me this and that.....It simply means that we are greedy for something and we force Allah to give us all these wordly things. Lets say if Allah gives us those things and they turn out to be bad for us, we get hurt, then who we blame: Allah (SWT). We forget that it was us who begged Allah for it. So the best pray is to leave everything on Allah (SWT) and pray to him this way;

[color=#33CC00] Oh, my Allah! Choose me to be a 'Peace Maker' & grant me everything it takes to make the difference in the lives of people. For it is in the giving that we recieve; & it is in the forgiving that we are forgiven; & it is in the dying that we live forever. -Dear Allah! Bless me with whatever you have made lawful. Safegaurd me from whatever you have made unlawful, and surround me with the good company of the believers. - Ameen!!![/color]

When you pray to Allah (SWT) with these intentions, Allah will protect you and give you those things that will never harm you. And keep faith in Allah no matter how bad or good life you are living. Just remember anytime you ask Allah, "to give you what he (ALLAH) thinks is better for you".

Don't hate the player, Hate the game

Peter Griffin: The deep south? Isn't that the place where the black guys are really lazy and all the white guys are just as lazy but they're mad at the black guys for being so lazy?

Timeline

Jazak allah khaire Dood wala - your messages have been very appreciated the past couple of days. (F)

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

AOS/EAD Timeline

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-15-06 - touched

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-15-07 - EAD touched

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey Omid. Keep up your hopes and don't pay much attention to what the embassy says. I forgot to ask, after the interview did they give your fiance a paper with a check mark next to AR? The gave us that paper and it stated that it will take 45 days max for it all to come together. InshAllah things will happen the way they are supposed to. And about the frustration...I used to tell my husband that it wasn't him I was mad at but the process...TRUST me we had those time where we weren't quite so pleasant to one another...this whole thing just makes you stronger. It is certainly tough. Are you still going to see him?

Thanks ISL.

Omid:

I certainly feel your pain, but remember we are human we are impatience about everything in our life. There are 2 kind of things that happen in our daily life.

1) Things happen the way we antisipitaed and then 2) Things that don't happen the way we antisipated.

Both are done by the will of Allah (SWT), we can't change them to be done in our favor, so why bother to be impatience. its gonna happen the way it has written in our faith. But remember Prayer changes things. So be positive and keep on praying to Allah (SWT), never ask Allah that you want thins thing to be done this way or that way or you don't want things to done this way or that way. Just pray to Allah that you are my protector, and do what is better for me. leave everything on Allah. Basically if you pray like this, Allah will do what is better for you. This Verse is from Sura Muzzammil:

(He is) Lord of the East and the West: there is no god but He: take Him therefore for (thy) Disposer of Affairs.

basically it means that you chose Allah to be ur defender and protector and believe in his oneness. Its a simple equation....

We all know Allah is the one who feed all human beings and take care of everyone's matter. still we ask Allah please do this for me and please give me this and that.....It simply means that we are greedy for something and we force Allah to give us all these wordly things. Lets say if Allah gives us those things and they turn out to be bad for us, we get hurt, then who we blame: Allah (SWT). We forget that it was us who begged Allah for it. So the best pray is to leave everything on Allah (SWT) and pray to him this way;

[color=#33CC00] Oh, my Allah! Choose me to be a 'Peace Maker' & grant me everything it takes to make the difference in the lives of people. For it is in the giving that we recieve; & it is in the forgiving that we are forgiven; & it is in the dying that we live forever. -Dear Allah! Bless me with whatever you have made lawful. Safegaurd me from whatever you have made unlawful, and surround me with the good company of the believers. - Ameen!!![/color]

When you pray to Allah (SWT) with these intentions, Allah will protect you and give you those things that will never harm you. And keep faith in Allah no matter how bad or good life you are living. Just remember anytime you ask Allah, "to give you what he (ALLAH) thinks is better for you".

Timeline
Hey Omid. Keep up your hopes and don't pay much attention to what the embassy says. I forgot to ask, after the interview did they give your fiance a paper with a check mark next to AR? The gave us that paper and it stated that it will take 45 days max for it all to come together. InshAllah things will happen the way they are supposed to. And about the frustration...I used to tell my husband that it wasn't him I was mad at but the process...TRUST me we had those time where we weren't quite so pleasant to one another...this whole thing just makes you stronger. It is certainly tough. Are you still going to see him?

Hi Nizzy... i'm a bit irritated with him right now so my answer right now is NO I will not go see him... but I'm sure I'll get over it and will go with my original plan of going at the end of March insha'Allah.

After his interview he was given two letters from the embassy - a blue one signed by the CO with the "Other" box checked and then stating the case needed admin processing and that if no word in 45 days, then to call for update... nothing about it being max 45 days...; he was also given a white letter from the IV unit stating admin processing, that min is 1 month, and if no word in 45 days contact them.

I'm actually quite at peace with trusting in God and letting it happen in its own course... there are definitely some days that are harder than others but ultimately I realize that its with God... the part that makes it so much more stressful is all the other #######... for example I have a couple of family members (and I'm sure some of his family members have the same views) who have called my family from my SO's place while visiting saying things like "why aren't you guys finishing up his paperwork? why aren't you doing something to expedite it? she's an attorney she should be able to speed this up" somehow implying I am not in any hurry to get him over here or that I am not doing everything I can (IF ONLY THEY KNEW!!!!) What upsets me the most is that these family members live in Europe and they know better - they know that it isn't the way the world works right now, especially post 9/11. Ours hasn't even gone on a year - imagine what they would say if God forbid ours REALLY drags on!!! Although he would never admit it, I'm sure that these types of comments are getting to him on some unconscious level. Not ideal circumstances to begin a life together, but insha'Allah there will be a positive conclusion soon.

Okay sorry to go on like that everyone... needed to vent a bit.

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

AOS/EAD Timeline

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-15-06 - touched

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-15-07 - EAD touched