Marieford_20

what name will I use in filling up forms?

6 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone...I decided to post my confusion here...I got an interview date already for a CR1 visa....and Im planning to have my medical soon...there is just something that making me think what should I do in case I fill up forms on my medical...I havnt received my copy of my appointment letter on my interview but I already got a copy from what they sent to my husband and that is what im going to present in the SLEC....It was addressed on my single name...I sent my dsforms in my married name..and sent them also a copy of my passport that I have when i was single but it was amended by the DFA into my married name and it has a note like...THIS PASSPORT IS AMENDED TO READ AS BEARER'S MARRIED NAME..but ...the copy of the appointment I got is still on my single name ...I am just confused what name shall I use in filling up forms...Will it be on my single name or my married name??sinced I heard that an applicant will put his/her signatures in many forms there...Anybody there who can give view about it nor been on this situation?I will highly appreciate your views on this...Thank you co VJ's!!!May God bless all of us on our journey!!!
'..because of u..i know now the meaning of LOVE..I see now the colors of LIFE..I can now SMILE...that is BECAUSE OF YOU....MY LOVE..."

CR 1 VISA TIMELINE:

Original Interview Date...................... .09/29/08

Medical @ St. Lukes.......................... 08/26-27/08

Sputum Test.................................... 09/01-03/08

AFB Culture Result............................. 10/31/08

Immunization................................ ... 11/03/08

Interview Date(Re-scheduled).......... .... 11/07/08(PINK SLIP..YAHOO!!!)

VISA Received.................................. 11/11/08(Thank U LORD!)

Flight Schedule................................. 11/21/08

Port of Entry.................................... Detroit,MI

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i really don't know how to address ur concern i had my passport amended also but when i submit my papers its all in my married name..u should be using ur married name and u can call the USEM to see if u can change ur last name there since i suppose u applied as married and submitted a marriage certificate so they can change it on their system..good luck! (F)

Love is an unexpected thing...and when it arrives grab it with all ur heart....it may pass u jsut once.......

1_217966694l.jpg

11.20.07 : mailed I130

01.23.08 : NOA1

04.21.08 : mailed I129F

04.22.08 : NOA1

05.14.08 : NOA2 both for I 130 and I 129F

06.26.08 : medical exam 2nd day PASSED!!

07.09.08 : interview day! PASSED! PINK SLIP!

07.15.08 : visa on hand!!!

08.01.08 : POE SFO (home with my papi!)

i really don't know how to address ur concern i had my passport amended also but when i submit my papers its all in my married name..u should be using ur married name and u can call the USEM to see if u can change ur last name there since i suppose u applied as married and submitted a marriage certificate so they can change it on their system..good luck! (F)

Thanks Co VJ hannyperez..me too I really dont know why still my name in the appointment in on my single name ...We of course passed all the requirements like Mariiage certificate and all forms under my married name..and a copy of my amended passport to the NVC..anways thans!!!

'..because of u..i know now the meaning of LOVE..I see now the colors of LIFE..I can now SMILE...that is BECAUSE OF YOU....MY LOVE..."

CR 1 VISA TIMELINE:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

call them and have them change ur name in the system at least u wont have anymore problems in the future! goodluck! :star:

Love is an unexpected thing...and when it arrives grab it with all ur heart....it may pass u jsut once.......

1_217966694l.jpg

11.20.07 : mailed I130

01.23.08 : NOA1

04.21.08 : mailed I129F

04.22.08 : NOA1

05.14.08 : NOA2 both for I 130 and I 129F

06.26.08 : medical exam 2nd day PASSED!!

07.09.08 : interview day! PASSED! PINK SLIP!

07.15.08 : visa on hand!!!

08.01.08 : POE SFO (home with my papi!)

We had the same case--my passport was ammended, I also wrote a request to NVC prior to my interview telling that my name had change to my married name. NVC acknowledged it just before my interview was done.

However when my interview packet arrived it reads my name when I was a single--stil.

I don't mind it, anyway my passport was ammended, they should not contest me when I fill up SLEC's form using my married name. Aside from NVC recognized it, I had my passport ammended and I can use it legally and in any aspect. So I did use my new name which is my married name when I fill out those forms and so as DELBROS when I paid doc verification and shipment.

Just be confident to use the married name now, you'll get use to it. Smile.

God speed!

However using the married name linked me to some problems (which is solved now): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2040221

Edited by blairbitxh

We had the same case--my passport was ammended, I also wrote a request to NVC prior to my interview telling that my name had change to my married name. NVC acknowledged it just before my interview was done.

However when my interview packet arrived it reads my name when I was a single--stil.

I don't mind it, anyway my passport was ammended, they should not contest me when I fill up SLEC's form using my married name. Aside from NVC recognized it, I had my passport ammended and I can use it legally and in any aspect. So I did use my new name which is my married name when I fill out those forms and so as DELBROS when I paid doc verification and shipment.

Just be confident to use the married name now, you'll get use to it. Smile.

God speed!

However using the married name linked me to some problems (which is solved now): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2040221

wow!!Thank you sis blairbitxh..I found someone who can answer me..Thanks God!!!!Anyways I sent you a personal message...hope you dont mind..thanks for the help..Godbless you...

CR 1 VISA TIMELINE:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.