rahi

question about administrative processing.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi,

i have filed for my i 130 petition and i 129 petition at california service center in july 2008.

iam waiting for my NOA2 for both petiitons.

then i will apply for the k3 visa at avancouver OR

IR1 visa at montreal consulate.

whichever gets approved first.

1) I want to know if they do administrative processing if i take the k3 route ( because then it will take the same time as IR1 VISA, and it is better to follow IR1 route as both will take the same time) as it is still a non immigrant visa and i have yet to file my adjustment of status

2) when we go to the consulate for the IR1 VISA OR K3 VISA. do the embassy initiate the administrative processing / fbi name check after the interview. OR will those be going on at the uscis and for the time being the uscis has forwarded the petition to the consulate until they get the clearances.

IAM ASKING THIS BECAUSE I AHEV A VERY COMMON LAST NAME AS MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLE AND DEFINITELY MY NAME WILL HAVE A FALSE HIT.

any suggestions and info. will be greatly helpful to me and appreciated.

thank you.

rahi.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline
hi,

i have filed for my i 130 petition and i 129 petition at california service center in july 2008.

iam waiting for my NOA2 for both petiitons.

then i will apply for the k3 visa at avancouver OR

IR1 visa at montreal consulate.

whichever gets approved first.

1) I want to know if they do administrative processing if i take the k3 route ( because then it will take the same time as IR1 VISA, and it is better to follow IR1 route as both will take the same time) as it is still a non immigrant visa and i have yet to file my adjustment of status

2) when we go to the consulate for the IR1 VISA OR K3 VISA. do the embassy initiate the administrative processing / fbi name check after the interview. OR will those be going on at the uscis and for the time being the uscis has forwarded the petition to the consulate until they get the clearances.

IAM ASKING THIS BECAUSE I AHEV A VERY COMMON LAST NAME AS MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLE AND DEFINITELY MY NAME WILL HAVE A FALSE HIT.

any suggestions and info. will be greatly helpful to me and appreciated.

thank you.

rahi.

There are several reasons a case could go into AP but I can only speak to one. My fiance has been in AP for security clearance since April 29th. I inquired about getting him a visitor visa and they informed me that the security requirements and processes are the same regardless of the type of visa a person is applying for. I know of both students and artists who have had to wait months for security clearance as well. So, to answer your first question I believe that if you do have to undergo AP for security clearance then it will happen regardless of what visa you apply for.

To answer your second question, in my experience, our case moved very quickly through USCIS and the NVC. Our AP was initiated after the interview at the embassy. The processes may be different between K3/IR1 and K1 though, I am not sure of that.

Best of luck to you.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi.

thank you for your reply, it was of great help.

i have already been to u.s.a on visitor visa for 4 times and i got my visitor visa when i applied on the same day.

so, i think that the time taken for me might be quicker for me for the administrative processing will be lesser.

i hope for the best, only God knows.

LET US HOPE FOR THE GOOD AND THE BEST.

THANK YOU.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.