4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I posted this in April Filers, but I think I need a bit more advice on what to do.

We already received our EAD, and then got an RFE. I received the RFE yesterday in the mail which is an RFE for the medical exam. I sent it in originally, and have heard that USCIS is notorious for losing the medical exam documents. I actually sent in the supplement form as he had his medical done at the knightsbridge doctors or whatever that they make you in London for the K-1 Visa. This was done in May 2007. My main concern is: We sent out the original packet April 2008, when the medical was still valid. It is now August 2008 and they want a medical that's within a year. So, will they not accept the one we sent in originally? The paperwork is totally not even specific, it doesn't state if there was something we missed like a vaccination. I didn't really understand the knightsbridge one. There were just a load of check marks and K-1's written under the vaccinations, with no key on what that meant. If he had those, if he needed those? Could the RFE be because we don't have documention that he's had those vaccinations? I think one of the ones that said K-1 under it was the varricela one, which he's had chicken pox before, so he shouldn't have to get that one, for example. If I was to call would they give me a more specific reason other then there is an issue with the medical? The way the paperwork made it sound it was as if I hadn't even sent one. It was like 2 pages long, and said it had to be done by a civil surgeon etc. I'm so frustrated right now because we are about to have our big wedding for family and friends in like three weeks, then we're going on vacation for a week, and we just bought a house. We can't really afford the extra couple hundred it will cost to do ANOTHER medical. He had nothing wrong with him at the first one, i would think that should be sufficient.

K-1 Timeline

October 5, 2006 - I-129F sent to NSC express mail

October 16, 2006 - NOA1 in mail from CSC

December 19, 2006 - NOA2 notice date

October 1, 2007 - Interview (Approved pending Police Report)

November 22, 2007- Visa in Hand

December 5, 2007 - US Entry

February 25, 2008 - Marriage

AOS & EAD timeline

April 14, 2008 - Sent AOS & EAD

April 25, 2008 - NOA's AOS & EAD (April 21, 2008 notice date)

May 13, 2008 - Biometrics appointment @ 9:00am DONE

May 19, 2008 - AOS Being transfered to CSC

July 2, 2008 - EAD card ordered

July 8, 2008 - EAD card ordered email again?

July 12, 2008 - EAD in hand

November 17, 2008 - RFE

January 2, 2009 - 2nd Medical exam

January 13, 2009 - Mailed RFE to CSC overnight

January 14, 2009 - RFE signed for

January 26, 2009 - Welcome letter sent

January 30, 2009 - Approved email!!

Feb 3, 2009 - Greencard in hand.

ROC Timeline

January 14, 2011 - Mailed ROC overnight to CSC

January 18, 2011 - Signed for by V. Semegi

January 20, 2011 - Check Cashed

January 24, 2011 - Received NOA1 (Dated 1/18/11)

February 28, 2011 - Biometrics @ 8am

April 19, 2011 - RFE

May 24, 2011 - Mailed back RFE

May 25, 2011 - RFE Signed for by V. Semegi

June 1, 2011 - Approved card received (Dated 5/30/11)

Filed: Timeline

Hi Midi. As long as the date on your submission was within the guidelines the original medical is still valid. As for them losing the RFE..... check the pinnned topic. There's a post in there from someone who had the same problem and was able to resolve it by contacting their congressperson. Apparently USCIS separates the documents when they receive them and all they needed to do was bring them back together.... it's all in the post. You could also try sending them a copy of the vaccination information you already have, or contact the original panel physician and have them send you another copy. Good luck.

iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline

Here's the original post on the lost medical:

Hey I have some good news that I wanted to share so that hopefully others will benefit. I contacted my congressperson who contacted the National Benefits Center and they found my husband's medical. According to the congressman's office, there are two files, a temporary and a main file, and my husbands medical report was in the other one <_<

We got an email today from the USCIS that our case is back in processing.

So if anyone else gets this RFE contact your congressperson. I would not even waste your time with infopass. Our case was back to processing literally 1 week after I called the office, and 1.5 weeks after the infopass. Plus we saved a lot of money on another medical

Thanks to those who helped!

Christina

iagree.gif

Do you know if the congressman are normally willing to help on issues like this? I will attempt to contact and see if we can get the problem resolved. I know I sent it because I have a photocopy of the entire packet the way I sent it, and it's in there. Annoying!

K-1 Timeline

October 5, 2006 - I-129F sent to NSC express mail

October 16, 2006 - NOA1 in mail from CSC

December 19, 2006 - NOA2 notice date

October 1, 2007 - Interview (Approved pending Police Report)

November 22, 2007- Visa in Hand

December 5, 2007 - US Entry

February 25, 2008 - Marriage

AOS & EAD timeline

April 14, 2008 - Sent AOS & EAD

April 25, 2008 - NOA's AOS & EAD (April 21, 2008 notice date)

May 13, 2008 - Biometrics appointment @ 9:00am DONE

May 19, 2008 - AOS Being transfered to CSC

July 2, 2008 - EAD card ordered

July 8, 2008 - EAD card ordered email again?

July 12, 2008 - EAD in hand

November 17, 2008 - RFE

January 2, 2009 - 2nd Medical exam

January 13, 2009 - Mailed RFE to CSC overnight

January 14, 2009 - RFE signed for

January 26, 2009 - Welcome letter sent

January 30, 2009 - Approved email!!

Feb 3, 2009 - Greencard in hand.

ROC Timeline

January 14, 2011 - Mailed ROC overnight to CSC

January 18, 2011 - Signed for by V. Semegi

January 20, 2011 - Check Cashed

January 24, 2011 - Received NOA1 (Dated 1/18/11)

February 28, 2011 - Biometrics @ 8am

April 19, 2011 - RFE

May 24, 2011 - Mailed back RFE

May 25, 2011 - RFE Signed for by V. Semegi

June 1, 2011 - Approved card received (Dated 5/30/11)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.