royjmcclymont

Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check List

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Good Day All,

I received in the mail today the following notice:

[/color]

After a complete review of your file and Application for Naturalization (Form N-400), this office has found additional documentation may be needed. Unless previously submitted, please bring the below requested documents to your naturalization interview. etc etc

My issue with this notice is not what I need to bring to the interview, rather I have not received an interview letter yet - is this normal? Do they always send this notice before they send interview notice, or is it likely that I have already been sent an interview notice and it has been lost by my faithful friends at USPS? Any knowledge or experience of this scenario would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Roy McClymont

Good Day All,

[/color]

After a complete review of your file and Application for Naturalization (Form N-400), this office has found additional documentation may be needed. Unless previously submitted, please bring the below requested documents to your naturalization interview. etc etc

My issue with this notice is not what I need to bring to the interview, rather I have not received an interview letter yet - is this normal? Do they always send this notice before they send interview notice, or is it likely that I have already been sent an interview notice and it has been lost by my faithful friends at USPS? Any knowledge or experience of this scenario would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Roy McClymont

Chances are that above notice may be sent from local DO.

Interview letter is usually sent from service center for initial interview.

You may want to check with USCIS whether they scheduled for initial interview, and sent interview letter.

Because two different unit working on their own time schedule, service center may send interview letter later than above notice mailing out.

So for answer to your question, you have to call USCIS to find out what's going on.

I would check with USCIS, because we got the same checklist but it arrived 4 days after the interview letter. Well I guess that is not a huge difference so it still could be in the mail, but I would give them a call regardless, especially if you don’t get it within the next couple days.

26/02/2005 Married in London to South African with UK Residency

28/02/2005 Sent off I-130 to London Consular

08/03/2005 Charge posted on Credit Card

14/03/2005 Sent off DS-230

15/03/2005 NOA of I-130

24/03/2005 Received Packet 3

18/04/2005 Sent in Form 169 (notice of readiness)

10/05/2005 Received Packet 4

06/06/2005 Medical at 10:00am in London

15/06/2005 Interview at 9:00 am (108 Days) -Approved

16/06/2005 Noon - Recieved Papers and Visa from Embassy

21/08/2005 Wife entered US on green Card

Conditions Removed +/- 1 year

??/06/2007 Submitted I-751

??/07/2007 Biometrics

02/04/2008 Application transferred from TSC to VSC

01/July/2008 Card Production ordered

N-400 process-3 months & 8 days

16/June/2008 Sent in packet of N-400

18/June/2008 NOA Priority date

20/June/2008 Check cashed

26/June/2008 NOA recieved

12/July/2008 Biometrics

08/Sept/2008 Interview- passed

24/Sept/2008 Oath (Cancelled due to Hurricane Ike)

29/Oct/2008 Oath & Passport Application (not expedited)

07/Nov/2008 Passport Received - Done with the Process

Good Day All,

[/color]

Regards,

Roy McClymont

Chances are that above notice may be sent from local DO.

Interview letter is usually sent from service center for initial interview.

You may want to check with USCIS whether they scheduled for initial interview, and sent interview letter.

Because two different unit working on their own time schedule, service center may send interview letter later than above notice mailing out.

So for answer to your question, you have to call USCIS to find out what's going on.

Very basic about dealing with USCIS is "Don't assume for anything!"

They may make mistake, or lost your file.

If you have any doubt, you have to check with them.

And if you have interview, you have to bring every documents and evidences with you.

When you get into interview place, they may say, "Oooops! we lost your file, so we can not process your case until we find it!"

So make the copy of everything you submitted, and keep the record of what you've sent.

Don't give any excuse for them to delay your case processing.

But also, don't make them overload with too much information, too.

They are human. So if you dump all of information to them, they may hate you because of the amount of waste you are dumping to them. ^^

So have everything in handy, so if they ask for it, you can be ready to present it without any hesistance.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

you are going to have the biometrics on the 19th of August, right?

i doubt they sent the interview letter before even having the biometrics done. they only schedule interviews after the FBI name check, which is done after biometrics.

met online: August, 2002 - yahoo music chat room

met in real life: July, 2004 - Venice, Italy

K1

filed @NSC - Sept. 2004 / approved - Jan. 2005

married: April 2005

AOS

May 2005 - applied for AOS - Chicago

transferred to CSC - approved without interview: October, 2005

REMOVAL of Conditional Status

received on 09/10/2007 @ NSC- transferred to CSC again

check cleared: 09/29/2007

NOA1 in the mail: 10/02/2007 (notice date: 09/10/2007)

biometrics: 11/01/2007

10 year card production ordered: 12/03/2007

approval notice sent: 12/07/2007

10 year card received in the mail: 12/10/2007

Application for NATURALIZATION

sent off to NSC: 07/17/2008

07/19 - delivered at NSC - at 2 AM

07/24 - check cleared

07/28 - received NOA1 (dated 07/21) - expected wait time until interview - 240 days

08/14 - biometrics appointment

10/20 - naturalization interview appointment! - APPROVED!

11/12 - oath ceremony - CHECK!

and we are done with USCIS! yaooohoooo!!!! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
you are going to have the biometrics on the 19th of August, right?

i doubt they sent the interview letter before even having the biometrics done. they only schedule interviews after the FBI name check, which is done after biometrics.

All, I had the biometrics done in July. I gave them a call today, and they said to expect an interview letter shortly - within the next 30 days most likely. Thanks for everyones advice. Cheers, Roy.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

oops, sorry, i confused you with rclouse, who received the same letter as you, but hasn't completed biometrics yet. see here

good luck on getting your interview letter soon :)

met online: August, 2002 - yahoo music chat room

met in real life: July, 2004 - Venice, Italy

K1

filed @NSC - Sept. 2004 / approved - Jan. 2005

married: April 2005

AOS

May 2005 - applied for AOS - Chicago

transferred to CSC - approved without interview: October, 2005

REMOVAL of Conditional Status

received on 09/10/2007 @ NSC- transferred to CSC again

check cleared: 09/29/2007

NOA1 in the mail: 10/02/2007 (notice date: 09/10/2007)

biometrics: 11/01/2007

10 year card production ordered: 12/03/2007

approval notice sent: 12/07/2007

10 year card received in the mail: 12/10/2007

Application for NATURALIZATION

sent off to NSC: 07/17/2008

07/19 - delivered at NSC - at 2 AM

07/24 - check cleared

07/28 - received NOA1 (dated 07/21) - expected wait time until interview - 240 days

08/14 - biometrics appointment

10/20 - naturalization interview appointment! - APPROVED!

11/12 - oath ceremony - CHECK!

and we are done with USCIS! yaooohoooo!!!! :)

I also received the same letter from Lee's Summit, MO last week. I was excited that I may be getting my interview letter soon. I've been checking my mailbox eagerly every day but it's not there yet.

My N-400 PD is 07/11/08 at CSC Los Angeles DO. Had my fingerprints done 08/01/08. I can't wait to get that Interview Letter if it's ever coming soon!

Good Day All,

[/color]

Regards,

Roy McClymont

MY TIMELINE

District Office: Los Angeles

07/10/08 – Mailed N-400 application to CSC

07/11/08 – Priority Date

07/15/08 – Check cashed

07/18/08 – Received NOA1 Case No: WSC*002171XXX

07/26/08 – Received Fingerprint Notification

08/01/08 - Fingerprints taken

08/08/08 – Received "Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check List

09/26/08 - Received Interview Letter

11/17/08 - Interview - Passed!

01/02/09 - Oath letter received

01/29/09 - Oath ceremony at 8 am

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.