6 posts in this topic

Evidence, What should I do? I am not on our lease, or have a joint bank acct, or bills in both our names because I am still waiting on my soc. sec. #. I tried to get on with the bank again the other day and was yet again refused. So what kind of documents will be good enough? I have a few car insurance statements with both our names, and I get health ins. thru his work, i have the pastor mailing us a note that we are both members of the church, i'm not on our lease but the landlord knows i live here, i'm gonna see if she won't just write up a letter stating that i do live here. Umm I have wedding pics but very few pics of us together. I have over a dozen but thats it. The rest are with family members etc. I have stuff mailed to me at the same addy and i have christmas, birthday, wedding cards. Will all that suffice? I'm more worried about the Main living together evidence since my name is unable to obtain on most of these documents. We just purchased a home though and i'm signed on all the building contracts, but i'm unable to be on the morgtage because i have no credit (or because it was expensive to pull up an international credit) not that anything is on it anyways. But i am stated on the home title or whatever for the morgtage though i have nothing to do with the morgtage, will that be alright? Just trying to get all this stuff together.

thanks

CanGal

oh and should i just do an affidavit of support to take with me or should i do the whole I-864 again? His job status has changed which is why I ask...

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

HI, We just had our interview on Tuesday, it sounds like you have a great amount of evidence. Your pastor's letter of membership in the church, the car insurance, ect...

We just gave them about three or four things and that satisifed the INS officer. A document from my job stating that Anton is my emergency contact, a Xerox of my retirement plan with him as beneficary, and a xerox of a CD that he opened with me as beneficary.

As far as photos , just make sure they have people in them other than you and your husband.

Our INS officer was more caught up on Anton's past border crossings rather, then on this present relationship, so I am sure you will have your own unique experience.

Good Luck,

Moondancer

P.S. on your husband's change of job, I don't know the answer. She looked at my employer letters in the file and just asked me if I had the same jobs, the affidavit of support was already there.

Edited by moondancer627

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Thanks moondancer. Also, the x-ray that I had done for my medical for k-1. Do I have to take that with me as well to the interview, I ask because they looked at it and gave it back to me. Thanks

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No they didn't ask about the Xray. I think that is yours to keep. Anton was really grilled on his immunizations.

He had Pima Health translate his immunizations onto a standard county health card, and sent those in with the AOS papers.

The INS officer said, she did not have his medical information from the K-1 interview as it was sent to Missouri rather than Tucson, and she could not accept the county health clerk's card, he would have to either wait for the file to be transferred to Tucson or go to an immigration doctor here in Tucson to verifiy the needed immunizations.

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Hi, sounds like you have more evidence than we did. We had our joint bank account from Washington Mutual. They didn't require a social security there when we opened up our account together. All they wanted to see was another form of I.D. ,like a credit card or something else in Paul's name. We also just had time to put his name on the phone bill right before our interview which was in 2 weeks from the day we added him. I requested a letter from the phone company stating we were both on the account. And that's about all we had :) Good luck!!!

ooops and photos we had, which he looked at every, single one lol

Mel

Edited by Paul and Melanie

AOS

09/04/05- Married

11/01/05- I-130, I-485 and I-765 applications mailed to Chicago lockbox

11/22/05- NOA

12/06/05- RFE on I-864 for medical and petitioners Birth Certificate

02/23/06- Biometrics taken for AOS and EAD

03/17/06- EAD approved

03/20/06- EAD received in mail

03/22/06- Applied for Social Security Number

03/27/06- Received Social Security Card

03/27/06- Received interview date for AOS

04/06/06- Started first job in America

04/29/06- Passed the test at the DMV, now have a state permit to drive

05/03/06- Initial Interview for AOS

05/03/06- AOS approved! I-551 stamped in passport!!

05/12/06- Welcome To America letter

05/15/06- Green Card arrived in mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lifting Conditions I-751

09/04/07 - Married 2 years

04/30/08 - Sent package

05/03/08 - Green Card expired

05/02/08 - USCIS Received package

05/05/08 - Check cashed

05/08/08 - Received Extension letter

05/17/08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter for May 31, 2008

05/24/08 - Received 2nd letter for Biometrics appointment for June 4, 2008

05/31/08 - Went to biometrics appointment on May 31, 2008, said Paul did not have to go on June 4th, computer glitch.

06/04/08 - Case was "touched"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.