jeffcloe

Wrong Spelling & Typo in Philippine Birth Certificates

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
This happen to me too. We learned that my name in my BC was wrong including my family name when I was 24 yrs old. It cost me around 10 thou pesos to correct it and at that time it has to go to court for correction it took 3 yrs and so much hassle.

Cloe, If you have it corrected get a new copy from NSO because what happen to mine was that the judge had ordered the change in my BC but the records at NSo still the same for 3 yrs and I was just glad i had a classmate in college who was in manila at that time and he helped me to follow it up. God bless you.

Riza

Hi Riza,yup,it was like that before,you have to go through the court in order for your name to be corrected and i'm glad we already have this RA9048,although it'll still take some time,it's still good coz we dont need to hire for a lawyer and will wait for years before it'll get corrected.as for checking if it's recorded at NSO,she need not to worry about that because during the process,the LCR will forward the request to NSO and the NSO will send it back to LCR and as soon as her petition is granted,LCR will give her Decision and Finality(a CTC BC with complete annotations is already included) and will ask her to bring it to NSO East Ave.Area B,the people there will check all her docs and if everything's ok,she'll be asked to pay at the cashier to apply for her Annotated copy,it'll be released after 15 working days :thumbs: .She just have to remember to have it photocopied so if ever she'll apply for another copy,she could just attach it (BC xerox copy) with her application form,that way it'll be easy for NSO people to track her BC :thumbs:

hello.. nabasa ko ang topic nyo and just wondering lang since i have the same problem also. i have my middle name mispelled, its INDAYAN and suppose to be its INDOYON. pero dami nag advice sa akin na to just follow what is written on my birth certificate so i followed it. all of my papers are all INDAYAN na and even my passport. do i need to correct it pa ba? please advice.. thankk you

I guess in your case,since you've followed what's on your passport,an Affidavit of Discrepancies will do.just my thought,maybe other members has other infos to share with you.

thanks for the quick reply.. yan nga ang sabi nila sa akin to make an affidavit daw.. mag file na kase kmi ng fiance ko this month. i attach ko ba ang affidavit sa pag file.? kase i have a child that named the right middle name tapos dun sa birth nya, naka lagay ang middle ko as INDOYON. so i really need to have as what they had said, affidavit of two disinterested person. hope anyone can advice. anyway, nag post na rin ako regarding that affidavit and i hope to hear replies soon. thanks again..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
thanks for the quick reply.. yan nga ang sabi nila sa akin to make an affidavit daw.. mag file na kase kmi ng fiance ko this month. i attach ko ba ang affidavit sa pag file.? kase i have a child that named the right middle name tapos dun sa birth nya, naka lagay ang middle ko as INDOYON. so i really need to have as what they had said, affidavit of two disinterested person. hope anyone can advice. anyway, nag post na rin ako regarding that affidavit and i hope to hear replies soon. thanks again..

I guess an affidavit of discrepancy will do for now when you file your petition but to be safe and while waiting for your approval,maybe you should have it corrected under RA9048,that way,you dont have to be worried at the time of your interview.

just a suggestion :)

Timeline

I guess an affidavit of discrepancy will do for now when you file your petition but to be safe and while waiting for your approval,maybe you should have it corrected under RA9048,that way,you dont have to be worried at the time of your interview.

good day.. i have my papers done and a passport too having that clerical errored name. if i will change my name, would it be possible even if i already have a passport.? pls advice.. thanks

Timeline

good day.. i have my papers done and a passport too having that clerical errored name. if i will change my name, would it be possible even if i already have a passport.? pls advice.. thanks

I also had my old passport bearing my incorrect surname that's why as soon as i had it changed and got a copy of my NSO annotated BC,i had it renewed and changed it to the corrected one :thumbs:

good luck (F)

Timeline

how long is the process will it take.? and Ive read that kailangan ng proof (other documentary papers on what to be corrected) but most of my my papers is already corrected kase nga i follow what is written on my birth.

I also had my old passport bearing my incorrect surname that's why as soon as i had it changed and got a copy of my NSO annotated BC,i had it renewed and changed it to the corrected one :thumbs:

good luck (F)

how long and how much will it take to change the correct one.? but as ive read, we need a documentary proof on what to correct and they need two documentary papers right.? most of my papers has already changed following on what is written on my birth certificate.. this really worries me.

Timeline
how long and how much will it take to change the correct one.? but as ive read, we need a documentary proof on what to correct and they need two documentary papers right.? most of my papers has already changed following on what is written on my birth certificate.. this really worries me.

go back and read from the first page,you'll find the answer to your questions :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
This happen to me too. We learned that my name in my BC was wrong including my family name when I was 24 yrs old. It cost me around 10 thou pesos to correct it and at that time it has to go to court for correction it took 3 yrs and so much hassle.

Cloe, If you have it corrected get a new copy from NSO because what happen to mine was that the judge had ordered the change in my BC but the records at NSo still the same for 3 yrs and I was just glad i had a classmate in college who was in manila at that time and he helped me to follow it up. God bless you.

Riza

Thanks for the reminders Riza, I appreciate it so much, just sad that way back you have to undergone a very long and winding (and expensive) process but the good thing is at least you have it done already yaaaayyy... I just read your message I was out the whole day yesterday to gather documents that I will be needing to proceed with my BC's clerical correction.

I had to wait until today because the certificates I need to submit should be the most recent certified true copies. Later this morning after I get my latest requests, I will have to submit all the my docs and have an initial interview at the City Hall. This still seems to be a long process but I really want to get this gone...

Yaaayyy :)

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

II Corinthians 5:7

Timeline

Riza

Thanks for the reminders Riza, I appreciate it so much, just sad that way back you have to undergone a very long and winding (and expensive) process but the good thing is at least you have it done already yaaaayyy... I just read your message I was out the whole day yesterday to gather documents that I will be needing to proceed with my BC's clerical correction.

I had to wait until today because the certificates I need to submit should be the most recent certified true copies. Later this morning after I get my latest requests, I will have to submit all the my docs and have an initial interview at the City Hall. This still seems to be a long process but I really want to get this gone...

glad to know that you've already gathered the docs that'll be needing for the corrections of error,make sure you'll be early at the Manila LCR coz as far as I can remember,they only entertain 60people in a day.

good luck! :thumbs:

Riza

It is worth it to finish this stuff Cloe at least you still have time to make corrections and also it is easier these days.

God bless you and spend time with your family while you are there.

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
glad to know that you've already gathered the docs that'll be needing for the corrections of error,make sure you'll be early at the Manila LCR coz as far as I can remember,they only entertain 60people in a day.

good luck! good :thumbs:

yaaayyy thanks ManilaIdaho... I had initial interview but had to come back for additional documents. yaaayyy! Have to submit also BC of my father's brother or sister... (my correction is on the surname)...

It is worth it to finish this stuff Cloe at least you still have time to make corrections and also it is easier these days.

God bless you and spend time with your family while you are there.

Thanks Riza... Yes I want to really get this done haha... We're kind of blessed because it's a lot easier compare to the process before haha so no reason to complain at all hahaha!

God bless also to you and Ed...

Edited by jeffcloe

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

II Corinthians 5:7

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I applied for passport last February 2005, I was denied because my name on NSO copy of my birth cert is different from the LCR copy and from the copy I have (the copy they gave to my mom). So I was advised to apply for RA 9048. I first went to LCR. You will submit a LOT of documents to support your RA 9048 application. It was really a headache to secure those documents to submit to LCR. Then after you submit, LCR will advise you to wait. In my case, it took 6 months before they release my paper. When they release that, you need now to go to NSO to submit what LCR issued you. Then, wait again, I guess for about 2 weeks. That's the time you will have your birth certificate with annotation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.