scy

HCMC Packets scanned

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks so much to you both. You have been a great help. Not only am I dealing with these forms and having her get them returned ASAP. I fall into the new law IMBRA. My NOA1 receipt date is March 13. Since, I don't want to risk them not noticing and then when she goes for her interview they notice and cause us problems, I just emailed them and asked if our petition was affected by the new law, and if so how would it affect us. If so I am hoping they will just assign her interview date when they receive the petition back. I also just stated and asked if I could provide them with the necessary information if it is required. PLEASE CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME and MAYBE YOUR TOES TOOO!!!!

I need all the help I can get. After finding out that the USCIS have recalled all petitions after March 6th, I cannot stop thinking about just moving there until her interview. The problem is cash. I can't afford to come there and live without my paycheck. Our company used to have an office in Vietnam, but they closed. I have thought many times about asking my employer to allow me to work from there using a laptop. I work for a Civil Engineering company. Anyone have some extra cash that could hold me over, lol.

I am really sad right now, and now I need to break to news to my love. I know this will crush her as well, and that is what hurts me more.

Thanks for listening.

Mike

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Mike,

No problem for the help!! We are all hear to help each other as much as we can.

As mentioned before, I would hold off on telling your fiancee about IMBRA until you get the news back from the US Consulate in HCMC. Perhaps they are going to handle everything internally.

For what its worth, could be miscommunication and I know it isn't regarding the US Consulate in HCMC, but I saw a post on the Asia regional forum that talked about a USC petitioner that called the embassy in the Phillipines, and the attendant from the embassy told the petitioner that all the additional processing was going to be handled internally in Manila. Perhaps HCMC will do the same.

Link: Manila Call Center Says No Approved Petitions Going Back to the USA

I'll keep my fingers crossed as you requested, but crossing my toes is a bit more of a challenge for me!

Keep your mind focused on the task at hand. You can only worry about the things that are in your control. Everything happens for a reason and don't assume just yet that this new law means a drastic wait for your case.

Keep your chin up, thoughts focused and be the rock of support that you both need through this!

STL_HCMC

Thanks so much to you both. You have been a great help. Not only am I dealing with these forms and having her get them returned ASAP. I fall into the new law IMBRA. My NOA1 receipt date is March 13. Since, I don't want to risk them not noticing and then when she goes for her interview they notice and cause us problems, I just emailed them and asked if our petition was affected by the new law, and if so how would it affect us. If so I am hoping they will just assign her interview date when they receive the petition back. I also just stated and asked if I could provide them with the necessary information if it is required. PLEASE CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME and MAYBE YOUR TOES TOOO!!!!

I need all the help I can get. After finding out that the USCIS have recalled all petitions after March 6th, I cannot stop thinking about just moving there until her interview. The problem is cash. I can't afford to come there and live without my paycheck. Our company used to have an office in Vietnam, but they closed. I have thought many times about asking my employer to allow me to work from there using a laptop. I work for a Civil Engineering company. Anyone have some extra cash that could hold me over, lol.

I am really sad right now, and now I need to break to news to my love. I know this will crush her as well, and that is what hurts me more.

Thanks for listening.

Mike

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Hi y'all,

I am a new member to this forum and just want to thank Scy so much for posting those scans, Mike and STL_HCMC for all of your updates and input to this part of the process. I found some older scans yesterday on the internet but these new scans are invaluable. They will help us prepare for this process once it is our turn. Again many thanks.

Tony

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi y'all,

I am a new member to this forum and just want to thank Scy so much for posting those scans, Mike and STL_HCMC for all of your updates and input to this part of the process. I found some older scans yesterday on the internet but these new scans are invaluable. They will help us prepare for this process once it is our turn. Again many thanks.

Tony

Well, welcome to the board. What is the * next to your name for?

Thx, I am very glad to find this forum and be a part of it.

Her first name is Anh Thu*, and the * next to the letter U is a crude way to signify a different U vowel that does not exist in the English alphabet. In the Vietnamese alphabet, there are 2 vowels with the "U" base: U like ours, and U with a little hook on the top of its right stem. That vowel sounds a little different and when used in words have different meanings. So the * is just one way I use to designate that vowel since there is no other good way to represent that vowel in our alphabet. U sounds sort of like this: ooh, and U* sounds kinda like this: uuh. I hope that my explanation makes sense.

Tony

Timeline

Tony&AnhThu*,

Welcome to VisaJourney. I'm glad you found your way to the Asia regional forum and more specific information regarding Vietnam. Spend a lot of time reading on here. As you've already found out, there is a ton of invaluable information.

Best of luck to you both!

STL_HCMC

Hi y'all,

Tony

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

Timeline
Thx, I am very glad to find this forum and be a part of it.

Her first name is Anh Thu*, and the * next to the letter U is a crude way to signify a different U vowel that does not exist in the English alphabet. In the Vietnamese alphabet, there are 2 vowels with the "U" base: U like ours, and U with a little hook on the top of its right stem. That vowel sounds a little different and when used in words have different meanings. So the * is just one way I use to designate that vowel since there is no other good way to represent that vowel in our alphabet. U sounds sort of like this: ooh, and U* sounds kinda like this: uuh. I hope that my explanation makes sense.

Tony

Okay. I got it now. The long explanation was not necassary. Almost everyone reading this thread is engaged to a Vietnamese woman and has been to Vietnam a couple times already so we are familiar with their crazy alphabet!

Timeline

I need your help. I posted in this same thread the DS-230 Supplement. Can you please take a look at this, and tell me what it is for. It is asking for my fiancee's siblings names not her children.

Application For Immigrant Visa And Alien Registration Supplement

What is this and why and when does she need this? It does not say anything in the directions about this paper, except that is is included in Packet 3.

This paper is holding us up, because we don't know if we need to send it now or bring with her to the interview.

Thanks for your help.

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

I need your help. I posted in this same thread the DS-230 Supplement. Can you please take a look at this, and tell me what it is for. It is asking for my fiancee's siblings names not her children.

Application For Immigrant Visa And Alien Registration Supplement

What is this and why and when does she need this? It does not say anything in the directions about this paper, except that is is included in Packet 3.

This paper is holding us up, because we don't know if we need to send it now or bring with her to the interview.

Thanks for your help.

Why don't you do both? Fill out the form, make copies, and send in the original with the interview checklist and DS-230 Part I. Bring copies to the interview.

The form is self explanatory. I'm sure you understand what it is asking for. I guessed the reasons for its use in an earlier post.

Since no one on Visajourney has ever reported this form, it must be something new or unique to your case. The consulate might know about your fiancee's siblings and their current whereabouts, i.e., someone might be living in the US. So it's probably best to tell the truth as best as you know them.

Timeline

Mike,

I can tell you that my fiancee and I did not receive this supplement document in our packet 3. To reinforce scy's guess, my fiancee doesn't have any family members living in the United States.

Does your fiancee have any family members residing in the United States, or attempted to obtain a visa to the United States previously?

When in complete doubt - as it seems you are - just fill out the form (as scy said) according to the instructions given and call the US Consulate in HCMC for a better explanation of what the form is for, and if it needs to be sent back with the DS-230 Part I, or brought to the interview.

The packet 3 instructions we got were very detailed and told us exactly what to send back to the consulate and exactly what to bring to the interview!

Good luck bud! If you find the answer to your question, let us know on the board what the supplement form was for!

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

Timeline

Hello my fellow journeyman or woman!

I talked to Huong and just told her to make a copy before filling it out and then she can write her brothers name, and send it in with with the other required documents before her interview. She will also provide the one she copied with her handwritten information. She has one brother, he is 20 years old and as far as I know he has not attempted to get into the US. He lives in the same residence as her, but when I send her mail, or when I went her money for our engagement party, I always address it to him, because she works 6 or 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. She works for the government, so she can't pick up her mail. The only thing I can think of is the fact that she calls her sousins brothers and sisters. I am not sure if any of you have run into the same situation, but she says my brother from my uncle or aunt, but how would they know this unless they are accessing her email or our telephone conversations???

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

Timeline

Mike,

This is why I would call the consulate and ask them about this supplement paper, and how/why it pertains to her K-1 application situation. Perhaps if your fiancee calls, she can get more detailed information in Vietnamese.

STL_HCMC

...but how would they know this unless they are accessing her email or our telephone conversations???

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

Timeline
Hello my fellow journeyman or woman!

I talked to Huong and just told her to make a copy before filling it out and then she can write her brothers name, and send it in with with the other required documents before her interview. She will also provide the one she copied with her handwritten information. She has one brother, he is 20 years old and as far as I know he has not attempted to get into the US. He lives in the same residence as her, but when I send her mail, or when I went her money for our engagement party, I always address it to him, because she works 6 or 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. She works for the government, so she can't pick up her mail. The only thing I can think of is the fact that she calls her sousins brothers and sisters. I am not sure if any of you have run into the same situation, but she says my brother from my uncle or aunt, but how would they know this unless they are accessing her email or our telephone conversations???

Things may have changed since my wife's days. My wife does have a younger brother living in the U.S. He lives about 20 minutes from us as a matter of fact, but she only sent in the DS-230. The information about her siblings was on that same for, not a supplement.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.