TinTin and Samby

Can you go to a different office location for the Biometric Appointment?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We will be on the the other side of the country for an extended period of time. It is during that time that I expect to receive the notice of Biometric Appointment for our AOS application.

After receiving the Biometric Appointment notice, is there any mechanism to simply have the fingerprint scan done at a local office near where we are traveling?

Thanks,

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

We will be on the the other side of the country for an extended period of time. It is during that time that I expect to receive the notice of Biometric Appointment for our AOS application.

After receiving the Biometric Appointment notice, is there any mechanism to simply have the fingerprint scan done at a local office near where we are traveling?

Thanks,

Warm Regards,

Samby

You can try doing a walkin at your local ASC any time after you get you appointment notice. Most people have positive results doing so. I don't know about using a different office tho.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I know from expereince you can do a Walk in at your designated ASC once you have Biometrics or fingerprint noctice in hand.

You can try to Walk in at a closer ASC just be sure that if they wont accept you, you have enough time to make your Biometric/ fingerprint Appt. date 7 time at your assigned ASC or it could cause your application to be abandoned.

Going to ASC late after your set appt. date is not reccomended.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks for the replies so far. Anyone else have any experience with actually going to a DIFFERENT office for the Biometrics appointment than the one that you were scheduled for? Or experience with trying to change your appointment to a different office?

Thanks.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there I think you can go to a DIFFERENT center to have your biometrics taken. Before I go to do "walk-in" biometrics yesterday I called USCIS customer service and ask if I can go iin earlier than my scheduled appointment he said no i cant but I can to another or DIFFERENT center which is nearer in my place so as to have my biometrics. So it seems that you can ?:-) oh and btw I still try my luck and walk-in and its a success! Try to call USCIS customer service to ask for more info. Good Luck:-)

Edited by richo

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Hi there I think you can go to a DIFFERENT center to have your biometrics taken. Before I go to do "walk-in" biometrics yesterday I called USCIS customer service and ask if I can go iin earlier than my scheduled appointment he said no i cant but I can to another or DIFFERENT center which is nearer in my place so as to have my biometrics. So it seems that you can ?:-) oh and btw I still try my luck and walk-in and its a success! Try to call USCIS customer service to ask for more info. Good Luck:-)

As you can see USCIS customer service can't be relied upon.

Try calling your local ASC office.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.