BH45

K-1 Visa

20 posts in this topic

Texanadian - When I was here in March and we were out looking at other apartment complexes, the one said they would do a Canadian credit check. So if my loans go delinquent, they get reported to the credit bureau. It could cause trouble for me down the road, can't it?

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Not really. The Canadian credit check is rare. Usually you would specifically have to ask for it and even then it's up to them to actually do it. I had a 775 FICO in Canada. Around $15,000 in credit card limits, all paid off.

When I got to the US, I was rejected for a simple $500 credit card from my bank that I had a few thousand dollars deposited in. No credit history. I went to get a credit report on myself 3 months after moving here. Couldn't do it. It didn't exist. I did eventually get a credit card in the US by bringing my Cdn credit score paperwork to the bank and talking to the bank manager.

So you'll need to start fresh with credit in the US. Get your name on the phone bill or the TV bill. Pay it off in full every month on time. Try and get a small credit limit credit card and pay it off in full every month. It takes time starting from scratch. Especially nowadays where you need better credit scores than ever to qualify for mortgages. As a matter of fact, the day you get your SS card, you should go open up a checking and savings account at your local bank. Just having a bank account helps boost a credit score.

I mailed my EI cards back today along with the questionnaire, the photocopies and a cover letter. All I can do now is wait to see what they decide.

Thanks everyone for your input. :)

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Are you sure this is going to hold up your SSN?? I don't see why it would as most people aren't given the stamp but they have no problem getting a SSN.

CBR - the SSN office has to verify the document I provided them. With it being stamp "Employment Unauthorized", the office has to contact USCIS. She checked while I was there and my file hadn't been put in the system yet. She told me it can take up to 8 weeks for the verification. So I wait to see what comes next.

Well, my fiance's says "Employment Authorized" and the same thing happened where he wasn't in the system yet (it has to do with how long it your file takes to get from your POE to your local uscis office and when they enter your info, not the auth or UNauth stamp). He got his card in around 2 weeks (after also being told it can take 6-8 weeks). Hopefully and most likely, you'll get yours soon too.

good luck

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

i think it was just a power trip from the guy at the border...

just relax, marry and file for AOS/EAD/AP all together.

It may have been. That stamp is going to hold up a lot of things for me.....EI and my SSN which will hold up my obtaining an IL driver's licence.

By holding my EI up....will affect my credit tooo.

Like the others said, It shouldn't hold you up for the SSN as you are entitled to get one while on the K-1, as long as you don't wait in the last few days of your 90 days then it's too late and you have to wait until you receive your EAD or GC, whichever comes first.

As for the EI, I remember sending them a copy of my K-1, but not the I-94. I guess they just needed that proof of me moving to the US under a fiance VIsa. I wasn't married yet when I applied for it, all I had to do is send the copy of all I had back then (Passport, Visa, forms from my ex job) and then send my Marriage certificate once I had it ( they ask you what date you intend to get married if you moved to the US to get married and still aren't at the time of filling).

And to support my application I sent them that document where it says K-1 are employement authorized, and after talking on the phone with them ( they are very nice people) everything was ok and I got my EI with no problems.

So don't desperate just because of that stamp quite yet!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.