ssgtam08

Intial travel to US from Phils

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok me and the little lady are having this on going thing about the trip here. Now I have flown to the phils 3 times to see her (the love of my life who I care for deeply and better not be embarrassed by me posting this). She is a little afraid of the flight, even though she has flown in a plane before but I think Manila to Cebu isnt quite the experience one might need for the trip! Anyway she wants me to fly all the way there again to fly with her back. Now I know this would be a nice thing to do and believe me if I had a money tree I would go outside and shake it and be on the first flight there! But well anyway I was just wondering is the flight to the US really that bad for filipinas I mean I have arrived in to Detroit Minneapolis and New York before from there and it really didnt seem to be that bad, same annoying lines and people moving slow either way. Its not a language issue because my fiancees english is amazing!!!! (she makes me say that) She is just more intimidated by the whole thing. My advice to her was just find some other ladies holding the St Lukes X-rays and make friends. Is that good advice really?

Our Timeline K1 My Version!!!!

11-22-06 She winks at me!!!!!

2-13-07 Fly to MNL

2-14-07 I get there for Valentines Day cause I am sweet like that!

2-20-07 I fly home....

7-10-07 I fly to Manila again before I go to Iraq

7-11-07 Engaged

7-12-07 We go to Tarlac to meet the family and stay there

7-17-07 I go home....

7-24-07 Go to Iraq

2-24-08 I come back from Iraq safe and sound cause I promised I would!

3-25-08 Fly to Manila AGAIN 3rd time on that flight (But it was a little better on Continetal Airlines to Japan cause there coach class has power ports for laptops.

4-22-08 End of the best month ever....even though I had to shower from a bucket like Iraq and buy her an AC cause I was dying at her house....Had to do the visa extension thing which was easy, I had a very good time for the month I was there and felt so much more comfortable about the future!

K1

8-13-08 Sent 129f fedex.

8-14-08 NOA1

8-19-08 Touched

8-21-08 Received hard copy of NOA1

1-29-09 Touched again

1-29-09 Approval Notice Sent PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME

2-02-09 NVC gets stuff MNL2009######

2-05-09 Received hard copy of NOA2

3-24-09 NVC is finally done with whatever adminstrative processing they had to do.

Timeline

Since she doesn't have any problem with flying or language barrier, I think she literally needs you beside her the entire long flight. Your presence would make her feel secure than any other girl she knew who might be with her on the flight. As you said you don't have problem with money, why not fly back and accompany her on her flight to the US?

My fiance's decision to come back and retrieve me from my country was a BIG thing for me. He knew that I could not go on the flight alone, leaving friends and family with a heavy heart. I am quite glad he had this decision and it reassured me that I will be ok the whole flight because he will be there to comfort me and protect me. He knew I needed him in this flight of a lifetime :yes: (I love you babe! YAY! :D )

My suggestion for you is...come back and be there for her. She needs you.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

As I type my fiance is waiting for Delbros to deliver her Visa.

She will book to USA asap after she recieves Visa. She is only 20 but has been very mature about the whole flight ordeal.

For me I am lucky, my fiance goal it to get here asap so she can be with me.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok me and the little lady are having this on going thing about the trip here. Now I have flown to the phils 3 times to see her (the love of my life who I care for deeply and better not be embarrassed by me posting this). She is a little afraid of the flight, even though she has flown in a plane before but I think Manila to Cebu isnt quite the experience one might need for the trip! Anyway she wants me to fly all the way there again to fly with her back. Now I know this would be a nice thing to do and believe me if I had a money tree I would go outside and shake it and be on the first flight there! But well anyway I was just wondering is the flight to the US really that bad for filipinas I mean I have arrived in to Detroit Minneapolis and New York before from there and it really didnt seem to be that bad, same annoying lines and people moving slow either way. Its not a language issue because my fiancees english is amazing!!!! (she makes me say that) She is just more intimidated by the whole thing. My advice to her was just find some other ladies holding the St Lukes X-rays and make friends. Is that good advice really?

Hi happy to know that you fiancee is flying soon to you!!!

I guess ur right, find for other ladies holding st. lukes x-ray film and make friends in that what way she has somebody to talk with during the trip. I agree with RyanNRiza that why not fly back and pick her up if you have no conflict in ur work and no problem in financial aspect. Good luck to both of you!!!

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

When Ruchie and Mathew flew here, I sent her all the links to the airports that they were going to be at. It helped her to get a visual of how she was going to get from point A to point B.... She flew from Manila to Hong Kong, then to Chicago(O'hare) and then to Kansas City. I flew up to Chicago to meet them and flew back to KC with them.

She was intimidated at times, but she said it helped her with the links I had sent her from the airports. If you can't afford to fly there and then fly here with her, then I think this is the next best thing..... :thumbs:

Your post is a mirror of what me and my wife have been "discussing" the last month. I flew there twice already and explainesd to her financialy it is impossible for me to come and get her. Of course that did not go over very well. If you can read and speak then anyone can fly alone. My wife realized it was not going to happen and excepted the fact. I will meet her in Chicago on saturday and fly back to St. louis with her. I told the wife the same thing, try and find some Pinays and hang with them.

Since your problem is more of financial, I hope your fiancee is mature enough to understand the situation why you can't go back to the Philippines the third time to fly with her back to the US. Since her english is amazing she should not have any problems. If she has connecting flights, assure her that you will be there to meet her at her POE and fly back with her to the next destinations.

Like Tallcoone , I am also lucky that my then fiance didn't have any issue with flying alone. She has travelled outside the Philippines many times before she came here and that was a plus. I offered to fly back to the Philippines so we can travel together coming here but she said save the money for our wedding expenses, now I couldn't argue with that :)

One thing for sure is, your fiancee will always find a Filipino in the same flight and she can befriend them. My wife befriended 3 Filipinos during her flight and they are still in contact until now.

Anyhow, build your fiancee's confidence. Give her enough pocket money so she feels comfortable. My wife always tell me, when you are lost or don't know what to do, ASK, there is no stupid question.

Goodluck!!!

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It was our plan for my fiance to pick me up, but he just got 11 days off. We've decided that we'll spend those days settling in and goind around CA. 11 days is so short, if he'll come here and get me, I mean it's no cost effective. Just the thought of my fiance waiting for me will make me get though the flight.

She will be fine, just make sure she has a cellphone with roaming SIM or a US SIM card (with roaming) and enough money. Tell her do not hesitate to ask the flight attendants if she doesn't know what to do. They will not fault her for asking.

May God guide her during her flight. :thumbs:

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

Timeline

Bribe her. Tell her you'll give her the money you save from not flying to the Philippines and back. She going to need cash to buy things to adjust to life here.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Bribe her. Tell her you'll give her the money you save from not flying to the Philippines and back. She going to need cash to buy things to adjust to life here.

LOL . . .I like how your mind works. And YES, the money saved on the flight will easily be blown upon her arrival, buying the myriad of things she needs to settle in America. To me, it's a little ludicrous to spend an extra $1,5000 on a 19-hr flight in order to hold someone's hand. Common sense should win-out in this case.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Timeline

When we start processing the papers my fiance told me he will come back again to the Philippines when i got my visa and we will fly back together but things doesnt go well as planned because he just came there to be with me during the interview and my visa arrieved after 40 days more than 1 month so we agreed that I will travel alone of course I have hesitations its a long flight he can afford to go back and get me but Id rather save the money for our future expenses and he promise to meet me in Las Vegas where I done my poe..and what he says is true enough the flight went well stewardess are friendly and helpful and most of all asking something u dont know or didnt understand wont hurt a bit rather than being quite and shy... she will do fine just reassure her that you will be there at the airport 1 hour before her plane touch the ground

DSC01000.jpg

PUERTO GALERA/SUMMER '08

Timeline

I am glad to see that everyone has this issue basically. I think a reasonable comprimise is meeting her at her first airport in the US. But see I will get "but baaaaaaaabbby!" but thats ok. So we will see I would obviously love to be there with her and fly back with her but financially it doesnt make alot of sense theres alot of other things I can spend that 1000 dollars on...And also I have been in that line at the Manila Airport and I have seen the luggage you ladies bring and my fiancee is no different so I bet thats going to be a pretty penny as well for the excess baggage.

Our Timeline K1 My Version!!!!

11-22-06 She winks at me!!!!!

2-13-07 Fly to MNL

2-14-07 I get there for Valentines Day cause I am sweet like that!

2-20-07 I fly home....

7-10-07 I fly to Manila again before I go to Iraq

7-11-07 Engaged

7-12-07 We go to Tarlac to meet the family and stay there

7-17-07 I go home....

7-24-07 Go to Iraq

2-24-08 I come back from Iraq safe and sound cause I promised I would!

3-25-08 Fly to Manila AGAIN 3rd time on that flight (But it was a little better on Continetal Airlines to Japan cause there coach class has power ports for laptops.

4-22-08 End of the best month ever....even though I had to shower from a bucket like Iraq and buy her an AC cause I was dying at her house....Had to do the visa extension thing which was easy, I had a very good time for the month I was there and felt so much more comfortable about the future!

K1

8-13-08 Sent 129f fedex.

8-14-08 NOA1

8-19-08 Touched

8-21-08 Received hard copy of NOA1

1-29-09 Touched again

1-29-09 Approval Notice Sent PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME

2-02-09 NVC gets stuff MNL2009######

2-05-09 Received hard copy of NOA2

3-24-09 NVC is finally done with whatever adminstrative processing they had to do.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey, at first i'm really scared to fly by myself especially outside PH but i made it... as what u've said ur fiancees english was amazing then there's no reason that she will be scared....

we stopped over at narita japan for two hrs or more...POE was st paul/minneapolis, then to memphis last airport was pensacola, FL

our timeline:

=o= PROCESSING =O=

06-Jul-07 ----- sent I-129F

16-Jul-07 ----- NOA1

21-Nov-07 ----- NOA2

27-Dec-07 ----- NVC sent file to USEM

16-Jan-08 ----- mailed packet 4

28-Jan-08 ----- recvd packet 4

03-Mar-08 ----- medical date (planning to go earlier probably 2nd wk of Feb)

13-Feb-08 ----- thanks God im done with my medical exam taken Feb 12 & released Feb13

very smooth processing God is Good All the Time

10-Mar-08 ----- interview date there's no big deal in USEM especially if u'r with ur fiance

25-Mar-08 ----- visa on hand (Thank you Lord)

=o= USA =o=

09-Apr-08 ----- arrived in the USA(POE Minn/st pl) thanks God i made it by myself. God is Good All the Time

25-May-08 ----- OUR BIG DAY!!! (1yr after engaged)

05-Jun-08 ------ got SSN

25-Jun-08 ------ got driver's permit

08-Oct-08 ------ passed the road test... yeyyyy i can drive alone now... thank you Lord

=o= AOS =o=

26-Jun-08 ------ Filed/Sent AOS

03-Jul-08 ------ Received Biometric appointment

23-Jul-08 ------ Biometric appointment date

12-Sep-08 ----- Got mah GC

I-129f was approved in 141 days from your filing date.

I would recommend she fly Philippine Airlines for the following reasons:

She uses the much nicer Terminal 2 at Manila.

The flight crew speak her language.

They serve Filipino food.

They have Filipino movies.

It's very likely her seat mate will be a fellow Filipina.

It's either nonstop or one stop to the US.

Then you meet her at her port of entry to the US and fly together to your final destination.

Timeline

03-05-2007 Met Jan online

07-05-2007 Flew to the Philippines to meet Jan

10-02-2007 2nd trip to the P.I.

10-04-2007 Obtained "Legal Capacity to Marry" document at the US Embassy in Manila

10-05-2007 Talked to Jan's father about my intentions

10-05-2007 Proposed to Jan

10-08-2007 Applied for marriage license

10-13-2007 Talked to Pastor at St Stephen's Lutheran Church in Baguio

12-22-2007 Our wedding day

04-01-2008 I-130 package sent

04-03-2008 4th trip to the P.I.

04-14-2008 NOA1 received

07-17-2008 NOA2 email received

07-22-2008 NVC Case# generated

07-28-2008 AOS fee paid

07-31-2008 5th trip to the P.I.

08-11-2008 Choice of agent form sent

08-15-2008 Jan attends CFO seminar

08-21-2008 AOS package sent

08-22-2008 Jan applies for passport

08-25-2008 IV Bill received

08-25-2008 IV Bill paid online

09-11-2008 Jan gets her passport

09-12-2008 DS-230 package sent

09-23-2008 Case Complete at NVC

10-03-2008 Appointment made

10-11-2008 Appointment letter received

11-13-2008 Interview date

12-12-2008 HK police clearance sent to NVC

01-15-2009 Manila receives HK police clearance and gives final visa approval

01-16-2009 "SHIPMENT RELEASED BY EMBASSY"

01-21-2009 Visa delivered!

02-09-2009 Flight to Seattle

Timeline

I think putting the money issue aside, you have to look at the other aspect of this. Her family is now part of you. For me this is one of those moments in life I want to be by herside for. She is leaving and it is going to be a big adjustment for her. I just feel being besides her in that time is a moment that I could never pass up. A family bond is important and showing that to her family is important as well. Just my thoughts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.