gunny1

CR-1 interview and documents and st. lukes in manila

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, Its been sometime since i been on here but heres the situation. I married my wife in the philippines in cagayan de oro. we filed all the papers and i just received our appt. for her interview on august 28th. i was planning on flying her to manila on the 20th to start her physical at st. lukes. is that enough time? On one of the letters it says notice to visa applicants and shows a list of the papers and documents we filed to the NVC. now here is where the questions start!

these are the documents received and document status, if i don't write a certain form it says not needed.

document name document status

OF-230-1 yes/document complete/reviewed

OF230-II yes/document complete/reviewed

passport yes/document complete/reviewed

birth certificate original document received

marriage certificate original document received

financial evidence yes/document recieved/reviewed

philippines police certificate original document received

photos yes/document complete/reviewed

I'm guessing where it says yes/receieved and reviewed that she not need to bring those papers with her as they will have them in the stuff they received from the NVC. but as far as the originals go we gonna need to pay the document checking fee? also i am the only one who has gotten a letter from the NVC regarding her interview. will she receive one also? also in the packet the embassy receives from the NVC will they show all the visa fees have been paid? I paid all the fees already so it just a question of this document checking thing, what papers she does need to bring,and what is the best time to send her to manila before her interview to the hospital for her examination. i'm a bit confused at this point even though we did have some hiccups along the way with her papers (forgot to send some things and had to resend again) thanks in advance

tom and daphne

post-40317-1216842821_thumb.jpg

Hi all, Its been sometime since i been on here but heres the situation. I married my wife in the philippines in cagayan de oro. we filed all the papers and i just received our appt. for her interview on august 28th. i was planning on flying her to manila on the 20th to start her physical at st. lukes. is that enough time? On one of the letters it says notice to visa applicants and shows a list of the papers and documents we filed to the NVC. now here is where the questions start!

these are the documents received and document status, if i don't write a certain form it says not needed.

I'm guessing where it says yes/receieved and reviewed that she not need to bring those papers with her as they will have them in the stuff they received from the NVC. but as far as the originals go we gonna need to pay the document checking fee? also i am the only one who has gotten a letter from the NVC regarding her interview. will she receive one also? also in the packet the embassy receives from the NVC will they show all the visa fees have been paid? I paid all the fees already so it just a question of this document checking thing, what papers she does need to bring,and what is the best time to send her to manila before her interview to the hospital for her examination. i'm a bit confused at this point even though we did have some hiccups along the way with her papers (forgot to send some things and had to resend again) thanks in advance

tom and daphne

your wife will recieve a letter from NVC just like me, she will show that letter of appointment at st.lukes for her medical. all she have to do is bring a copy of appointment letter to st.lukes with xerox copy of appointment letter ,passport..,3pcs US visa photo. and medical fee $215.53 or 9,600.75 in pesos. she can go to st.lukes anytime now ahead before the interview date..then on the interview date just bring again the appointment letter and ID the original Birth certificate,marriage certificate.police clearance(NBI)..pictures,letters,and any bank reciept. on my case my husband send the packet late i didnt get that on time. i was really worried that in case they might asked some document i cant show anything just some document i mention. i got approved dispite all the late document coming from my husband :thumbs: all i know is that all tha document is all ready forwarded by NVC to USEmanila

tom and daphne

your wife will recieve a letter from NVC just like me, she will show that letter of appointment at st.lukes for her medical. all she have to do is bring a copy of appointment letter to st.lukes with xerox copy of appointment letter ,passport..,3pcs US visa photo. and medical fee $215.53 or 9,600.75 in pesos. she can go to st.lukes anytime now ahead before the interview date..then on the interview date just bring again the appointment letter and ID the original Birth certificate,marriage certificate.police clearance(NBI)..pictures,letters,and any bank reciept. on my case my husband send the packet late i didnt get that on time. i was really worried that in case they might asked some document i cant show anything just some document i mention. i got approved dispite all the late document coming from my husband :thumbs: all i know is that all tha document is all ready forwarded by NVC to USEmanila

yeah just hope i not run into trouble on the originals for her. we sent them to NVC as they requested them. just hope they in her papers in manila embassy.she's got copies but they wanted them and says originals received on document list received. thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.