Sign in to follow this  
Izoom

Long-form and police check - Canada

4 posts in this topic

After some searching via Google and the board's search function, I still have a couple questions.

Danielle said when she went to her local RCMP office and ask for a police check or name check, they looked at her

as though she had 3 heads. The lady seemed to have no idea what she was talking about at all. She even mentioned

to her that it was for a visa. The only thing they do is criminal background checks. So whats the deal?

She also has swore up and down that the only birth certificate she or her parents have are the small wallet-size ones.

I told her that Google says you can request of the Records Office or something like that, a "long-form" certificate. Is

that true and accurate? Any more help on that would be appreciated.

USA_a.gif

Yes, what she wants to get is a criminal background check, name check, it's all the same. It's surprising that the lady at the station would act all vague like she didn't know. If your fiance explained what she needed it for, it shouldn't have been a problem. She wants a Canada wide background check.

To your second question, yes, she needs the long form. So she wants to visit Here, she will request the long form birth certificate and they will mail it to her. She'll need to fill out some info online in order for her to get it.

Best of luck. :)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

That link was helpful, except she lives in Nova Scotia. However, I was able to send her here and she's taking care of that.

So its a Canada-wide background check, thats it...thats all she needs to say? And a printout or form will be given to her afterwards?

One other question while I'm thinking of it, what are the general accepted forms of evidence for I-134? I only ask because I was hoping for those that have made it through the interview, especially canadians, and what they brought.

I know that this sticky is helpful, but just want some further clarification.

USA_a.gif

That link was helpful, except she lives in Nova Scotia. However, I was able to send her here and she's taking care of that.

So its a Canada-wide background check, thats it...thats all she needs to say? And a printout or form will be given to her afterwards?

One other question while I'm thinking of it, what are the general accepted forms of evidence for I-134? I only ask because I was hoping for those that have made it through the interview, especially canadians, and what they brought.

I know that this sticky is helpful, but just want some further clarification.

Duh, I just assumed she lived in Ontario, sorry about that! LOL

As for the background check, it will take a few business days and then she will go back to the station and pick it up. They will charge for it as well. Mine was $25.00.

As for the supporting documents for the I-134 just check out the guides Here and read up on what to send her after NOA2. We used a letter from Nick's employer, some pay stubs, 3 years tax returns, a few bank statements, etc. At the interview, they only took the I-134 and the letter from Nick's employer. They didn't want the rest but I would bring it anyway.

:)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.