vietnamAmerica

someone went through this?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well, I'm new to family, but seems like every vjers is so nice to help each other. I am so happy to find this place and looking for advices also.

Filed K1 visa, fiance' were interviewed on jan 2008, got blue slip, which asked for both parent's birth certificates. Required docs were submitted a week later, then green slip issued said that no more docs needed, they want have more time to review the case, will contact fiance' when has the out come. 7 months ( like 7 years) already passed, no word from HCMC. Last week, two days on the row, HCMC called fiance's house. First call, a lady voice, posted as fiance's friend, asked about her, her-ex, her kids ( fiance' s niece answered the phone)-- Fiance' divorced, has 2 kids but her ex has custody--next day, the same lady called again, this time talk to fiance's mother.

Does anyone went through these checkings? If so, how long more it will take for us to hear something from HCMC?

Looking ahead to the future and wondering if anyone has a similar case? Thanks a lot.

Timeline

HCMC Consulate has done this from time to time. I would contact the Consulate to inquire about your case. If you leave it up to the Consulate to do things, they will be very slow. You have to be polite but firm with them, especially with the Vietnamese staff. It's important to talk to only to a Consulate Officer, as they are the ony ones who get thngs done.

Good Luck! We hope you get an answer soon and it's a pink slip.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: Timeline

HCMC Consulate has done this from time to time. I would contact the Consulate to inquire about your case. If you leave it up to the Consulate to do things, they will be very slow. You have to be polite but firm with them, especially with the Vietnamese staff. It's important to talk to only to a Consulate Officer, as they are the ony ones who get thngs done.

Good Luck! We hope you get an answer soon and it's a pink slip.

Peter and Thi

Edited by tung1965

Timeline
Dear Peter

Just wonder how can we talk or see a CO?

You have a right as a US Citizen to talk to a CO. You tell the Consulate you want to discuss your blue and green slips in person. Your fiancee isn't a US Citizen so there's little she can say or do get information or change the CO opinion. So call or email them about getting an appointment. It is a busy place and they don't want to talk to people until they have to. In your case you have to make them understand they have to. Be firm but polite. If at all possible talk only to Consulate officers not the Vietnamese staff.

Good Luck

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.