Jon-n-Michelle

Interview pending per consular officer review???

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just called the USEM to schedule our interview, but was told I can't yet. The paperwork is there, but I was told it's still under consular review, to see if she eligible for an interview. We got NOA2 Jul 8, NVC received Jul 14, and forwarded to Manila same day. It was delivered Jul 18. Another couple here has the exact same timeline as us, and already has their interview set. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I was told to call back 14 days after Jul 13.Its Jul 23 there now. What gives???????? Someone please enlighten me. :huh:

usflag1ex1wu2.gifphflag1cu8ef4.gif

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's really strange. As I understood, it's USCIS who do the paper reviews for an applicant's eligibility, how come USEM has to review it again? :huh: Did you call USEM's direct line or the call center?

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there don't be sad give them enough time to review ur case... My case was approved by USCI last May 05, 2008 and called them on May 28 to have an interview which I scheduled June 25 because I need to have medical exam at St. Lukes on June 18 & 19... So probably embassy got it but then there's internal procedure that need to be done before your fiance's interview... Call them after 14 days if that's what they told you.... Goodluck and Godbless....

2007-09-19: Marriage

2007-12-31: I-130 Sent

2008-02-14: I-130 NOA1

2008-02-28: I-129F Sent

2008-03-07: I-129F NOA1

2008-05-06: I-130 & I-129F NOA2

2008-06-25: Interview Approved (Conditional)

2008-07-08: Forward Additional Doc

2008-07-15: VISA Received (2yrs Validity)

2008-09-03: Flight to Cincinnati, Ohio; POE SFO

2008-09-06: Travel back to Chicago with my hubby

2008-09-29: Mailed I765 (EAD)

2008-10-07: NOA for EAD

2008-12-12: Received EAD Biometrics Appointment

2008-12-19: Biomentrics Appointment

2008-12-29: Ordered EAD Card

2008-12-31: EAD Approval

2009-11-26: Submit AOS

2010-03-30: Permanet Resident 10yrs GC

2010-04-15: Update status with SS

2010-04-22: Received new SS Card

Timeline

I called the call center. I'm hoping that they just haven't had time to review it. I guess I'll just wait until the 28th to call. We waited 5 months for approval from CSC, I guess 5 more days won't kill me.

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

Timeline
I called the call center. I'm hoping that they just haven't had time to review it. I guess I'll just wait until the 28th to call. We waited 5 months for approval from CSC, I guess 5 more days won't kill me.

Oh, this should be another fishy thing going on with call center agents. Why don't you try calling again and see? Another agent should answer you. See if they have the same answer. I read another thread from here complaining almost the same when they called the call center for interview schedule. I really doubt it's under review because once it's forwarded to USEM it would mean a go signal for interview. That's what I thought. :yes:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Our Love HIStory

2_613061495l.jpg

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Timeline

Oh, this should be another fishy thing going on with call center agents. Why don't you try calling again and see? Another agent should answer you. See if they have the same answer. I read another thread from here complaining almost the same when they called the call center for interview schedule. I really doubt it's under review because once it's forwarded to USEM it would mean a go signal for interview. That's what I thought. :yes:

I'll try calling again tomorrow. I thought thats what all the waiting at CSC was for, and then the doc verification through NSO. I thought that as soon as USEM got it, they went ahead and let you schedule an interview. They don't have any documents of hers to verify yet, and mine have already been approved by my government here. If I get the same answer tomorrow, I will bypass the call center and try to speak to Grace. I'll post when I find something out.

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

Timeline
I'll try calling again tomorrow. I thought thats what all the waiting at CSC was for, and then the doc verification through NSO. I thought that as soon as USEM got it, they went ahead and let you schedule an interview. They don't have any documents of hers to verify yet, and mine have already been approved by my government here. If I get the same answer tomorrow, I will bypass the call center and try to speak to Grace. I'll post when I find something out.

Yeah you are right Jon. I am really wondering why they said it's under review to determine if she's eligible for interview. How come? Is USCIS review not enough? :bonk: I go with your plan. Good luck and let us know any development :thumbs:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Our Love HIStory

2_613061495l.jpg

Timeline

Yeah, I suggest you call again tomorrow. Your petition is approved by USCIS. Should the CO find something that needs to be verified, I think that should happen AFTER the interview. Not before, when they had just received the approved case. Maybe they are still in the process of encoding your case into their system. Or you just happened to talk to someone not knowledgeable with how the visa processing goes.

Two weeks after my interview, I was trying to follow up my case. I called USEM call center to do it, because the week prior, Grace told me that I can use the USEM hotline to follow up. The number that we used (02-3012000) to call Grace is especially intended for UCS's. So there, as anxiuos as I was and I wanted to talk to someone in the consulate to have any idea what's happening with my visa, I called at the call center. The costumer rep that I talked to told me that my visa is still under review by the consular officer and I was asked to call again after 2 weeks. I was so sad that day, so I asked my fiance to call them again. Guess what!? The call rep told my fiance that my visa was already printed and was about to be delivered! Gees!

Dont despair, it maybe a miscommunication. Keep us posted! :thumbs:

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just called the USEM to schedule our interview, but was told I can't yet. The paperwork is there, but I was told it's still under consular review, to see if she eligible for an interview. We got NOA2 Jul 8, NVC received Jul 14, and forwarded to Manila same day. It was delivered Jul 18. Another couple here has the exact same timeline as us, and already has their interview set. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I was told to call back 14 days after Jul 13.Its Jul 23 there now. What gives???????? Someone please enlighten me. :huh:

:angry: that's not good.. may i suggest to try call USEM hotline look for grace or loraine before u will call the USEM call center. coz its cheaper if u will call first the USEM hotline than go direct to call center. anyway, ms grace or loraine could tell you if your eligible or not to set for an appoinment.

goodluck and hope u have your appointment sooon. :thumbs:

K-1

02.16.08 -> Petition mailed to CSC

02.19.08 -> NOA1 received via email

02.25.08 -> NOA1 received via snail mail

07.03.08 -> NOA2 received via email (CRIS)

07.15.08 -> Case left NVC

07.18.08 -> Case received USEM

08.11-12.08 -> Medical at SLEC PASSED

08.15.08 -> USEM interview PASSED- PINK SLIP

08.23.08 -> VISA delivered

12.07.08 -> Flight to US - Manila-Seoul-Chicago POE

12.07.08 -> arrived in chicago - sunday morning

01.08.09 -> civil wed

AOS/EAD/AP

03.04.09 -> Packet mailed to Chicago

03.13.09 -> Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

03.16.09 -> Received Biometric Apointment

04.01.09 -> Biometric Schedule

04.01.09 -> Biometric Done & Received Transfer Notice to CSC

04.29.09 -> AP and Welcome Notice received in the mail.

05.02.09 -> Received GC in the mail

K-1 & AOS & Vacation Blog - Vacation

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i don't trust the agents in call center. i don't think they know what they are talking about. i spoke to one of the agents there and he told me that i need to download the packet from USEM website and send it to USEM and once the USEM receive the packet then that is the only time i can call them again to get an interview sched. :bonk: what the heck? why would the USEM needs the packet? so i don't trust them. ok ok i guess the guy that i talked to is the only one i shouldn't trust but i wish not all agents are like him.

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Timeline

oh well! i guess riza is talking about me, the one making rants to those call center agents and yes they are ONLY CALL CENTER AGENTS! for sure u just got a hold of some lazy agents when u called for an interview. my fiance called and got my interview schedule a few minutes after a stubborn agent said that im not eligible. so call back again..

P.S. : though it will be better if you have the confirmation letter by the USEM saying ur eligible for interview.

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Timeline

Well, I called the call center again and got the same story. Not satisfied, I called Grace (thanks for the number chris and lei :) ) She looked into it and said that are case was received on Jul 18, and that Michelle WAS eligible for an interview. She found that the system was messed up and to call back to the call center after 11:00 am, and everything should be fine by then.

I called back to the call center at 11:30, and I got the same story from the guy. Even after I explained to him that I had talked to Grace, I STILL couldn't set her interview. This is really getting irritating. These call center people are idiots. The ones here at USCIS were absolutely no help either. If they aren't going to supply these people with any information, then whats the use in having them. I was told to call back tomorrow. At least Grace did tell me that USEM has already made doc request to Delbros. We paid that on monday here. I just want our interview date, so I can get my ticket bought. I have to see the rest of this process in person. Its been pure stupidity and bureaucracy up to this point.

I'll keep you posted when I learn more. Thanks for the help and support everyone :thumbs:

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

Timeline
Well, I called the call center again and got the same story. Not satisfied, I called Grace (thanks for the number chris and lei :) ) She looked into it and said that are case was received on Jul 18, and that Michelle WAS eligible for an interview. She found that the system was messed up and to call back to the call center after 11:00 am, and everything should be fine by then.

I called back to the call center at 11:30, and I got the same story from the guy. Even after I explained to him that I had talked to Grace, I STILL couldn't set her interview. This is really getting irritating. These call center people are idiots. The ones here at USCIS were absolutely no help either. If they aren't going to supply these people with any information, then whats the use in having them. I was told to call back tomorrow. At least Grace did tell me that USEM has already made doc request to Delbros. We paid that on monday here. I just want our interview date, so I can get my ticket bought. I have to see the rest of this process in person. Its been pure stupidity and bureaucracy up to this point.

I'll keep you posted when I learn more. Thanks for the help and support everyone :thumbs:

Maybe we should complain this batch of call center agents. They need a thorough orientation..they don't seem to know a thing.

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

Timeline

We had the same experience calling call center and trying to schedule for interview date, the first attempt was on tuesday,the cc agent asked my fiance if i got the confirmation letter from USEM and we said not yet then she said i need to wait for that for me get interview date..I was soooo pissed..lol. I didnt get content with that, I emailed Pink and told her about this scenario, she advised me to call Grace from USEM which i did,she said our physical file is not yet with USEM and advised me to call after 1 or 2 weeks...as usual i didnt listen haha.I called after 2 days! and guess what she said I can call cc now and can schedule my interview.Grace is very polite and helpful!

We didnt waste anytime and called cc ,it was a guy who entertained our call and he is very nice :thumbs: he didnt bother to asked us if i have the letter from USEM.

GOodluck on your next call.

Timeline

GOOD NEWS!!!!!! The system must have finally updated. We have an interview Sept 8 @ 7:00 am. I will be able to see my mahal in 44 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::D

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.