Mystique

Is it too late to apply for K3?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Looking at the VSC timeline its seems they're moving really slow compared to CSC. So many ppl in CSC got approved filing in feb, march timeframe of this year.

I've been monitoring timelines and it seems ppl who applied for K3 got their I130 approved much sooner and they went ahead with I130.

I've seen some ppl went with their I130 process and canceled their K3..is it possible to do that since both gets approved at same time? If anybody has done this please share.

This "might" be a loop hole in the system to get around long I130 processing.

Also, please look at my timeline..do u think since its been 3 months already is it still worth applying for K3?

Also, has anybody gotten their spouse here on Visitor Visa while they have Immigrant visa pending? What are the chances of getting a visitor visa?

Vermont Service Center I-130 Track: 101 Days

• I-130 Sent : 2008-04-19
  • I-130 NOA1: 2008-04-29
  • I-130 Approved: 2008-07-29 :)

NVC CR-1 Visa Track: 54 days

• 2008-08-01: Case received at NVC
  • 2008-08-02: DS3032 Emailed
  • 2008-08-05: Obtained IIN (after 2 tries)
  • 2008-08-07: AOS Fee Bill Paid Online
  • 2008-08-08: I-864 package mailed usps express
  • 2008-08-12: DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) received and entered into system
  • 2008-08-13: IV Fee Bill generated / IV Fee Bill paid online
  • 2008-08-14: IV Fee Bill Shows Paid
  • 2008-09-03: DS-230 (w/o PCC) package mailed usps express
  • 2008-09-05: DS-230 package entered into system and under review
  • 2008-09-15: DS230 RFE generated for PCC
  • 2008-09-18: NVC Received missing PCC.
  • 2008-09-24: CASE COMPLETE
  • 2008-10-03: Interview Date Assigned for Nov 19th
  • 2008-10-07: NVC Left - Welcome to Mumbai.

Mumbai Consulate Track

• 2008-10-10: Embassy Received
  • 2008-11-05: Medical Appt.
  • 2008-11-19: Interview

• 2008-11-27: A very Happy Thanksgiving.. POE Washington DC :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Looking at the VSC timeline its seems they're moving really slow compared to CSC. So many ppl in CSC got approved filing in feb, march timeframe of this year.

I've been monitoring timelines and it seems ppl who applied for K3 got their I130 approved much sooner and they went ahead with I130.

I've seen some ppl went with their I130 process and canceled their K3..is it possible to do that since both gets approved at same time? If anybody has done this please share.

This "might" be a loop hole in the system to get around long I130 processing.

Also, please look at my timeline..do u think since its been 3 months already is it still worth applying for K3?

Also, has anybody gotten their spouse here on Visitor Visa while they have Immigrant visa pending? What are the chances of getting a visitor visa?

mystique, since u applied in april...i think it doesnt really make sense for u to petition K3 at this stage given that u r already into three months. had u applied within a month...it wud have been a different story...stick around and hopefully ull hear the good news soon..

the chance of getting a visitor visa for ur spouse at this point is slim to none..

my wife has a visitor/business visa and i spoke with a few attorneys about the option of having her come to see me...but they all (i spoke with 3 of them) said its not advisable coz if the immigration officer feels that she is going to stay behind and file for AOS rather than applying in india, they have the authority to send them back on the next flight...this will look very bad when she has an interview as it will be treated as an instance of deportation...

hang in there...the good NOA2 news doesnt seem to be very far for u...b positive and stay focused (even though i know its hard)...start preparing for the next bunch of paperwork that ull need at the NVC and the embassy...u wont even notice when the time flies by...

Good Luck!

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.