DJ+Ten

Interview is not the end

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In the K-1 Flowchart, there is a suggestion that step 13 "Beneficiary Has Interview at US Embassy" is the last step before the visa is issued "...the same day or within a week... with some exceptions."

Let me list the exceptions that apply to US Embassy, Manila.

• After the interview, Embassy submits doc's to National Statistics Office (NSO) - 2 days (actual time)

NSO advises Embassy that Document Verification Process is done - 24 calendar days (actual time)

Embassy processes visa and releases passport to Delbros courier service - estimated "2 days to a few weeks" (direct quote)

... and for a Beneficiary in the Provinces ...

Delbros delivers passport to Beneficiary in "7 to 10 workdays" a.k.a. "2 weeks"

This adds up to well over 2 months. I would like to suggest that the flow chart could be revised to prepare the novice for the extent of these additional delays.

2006 Apr 30 Met in Yahoo chat room.

2006 Aug 06 Met in person, Negros Occ., Philippines

2006 Aug 18, Oct 22, Dec 22, 2007 May 22: DJ back to Negros Occ

2007 Dec Ten's annulment of marriage recorded

2008 Jan 03 sent I-129F to CSC, opened Jan 04

2008 Jan 07 NOA1 - I-129F "Notice Date"; Jan 11 NAO1 by mail

2008 May 07 NOA2 - I-129F "Notice Date"; May 12 NOA2 by mail

2008 May 15 NVC receives I-129F

2008 May 28 Ten calls Manila, gets interview date

2008 Jun 11 Confirmed flights for July 11

2008 Jun 24 Interview

2008 Jun 26 Embassy Request sent to NSO

2008 Jul 10 Cancelled airline tickets

2008 Jul 07 Email to Embassy asking for haste

--- Time Flies ---

2008 Oct 27 Fax to Wm W Lesh, Chief, Immigrant Visa Section requesting no further delay

2008 Oct 30 K-1 Visa Issued

2008 Nov 21 Ten and kids arrive in LA

2008 Nov 22 Attend funeral of my brother in KC then fly to LA. Finally reunited with Ten!

2008 Nov 23 DJ+Ten+Kids arrive in KC

2009 Jan 18 DJ+Ten Married in KC

2009 Mar 09 Apply for AOS

2009 May 12 EAD Issued

2009 May 27 SS Card Issued (Less than 1 week from application!!!)

2009 Jul 08 AOS Interview: APPROVED :) :) :) :) ;) Stamps placed in the Passports.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are advised to pay document verification fee in advance to avoid this delay.

You may experience delays if and when, the document verification fee is paid days prior to the interview.

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

Timeline
We are advised to pay document verification fee in advance to avoid this delay.

You may experience delays if and when, the document verification fee is paid days prior to the interview.

Ya. Her local Metro bank could not receive the payment so she paid the fee at the embassy, where they told her "No Problem."

Do you think that caused the delay?

DJ

2008 Jun 24 Interview

--- Time Flies ---

2008 Oct 27 Fax to Wm W Lesh, Chief, Immigrant Visa Section requesting no further delay

2008 Nov 22 Attend funeral of my brother in KC then fly to LA. Finally reunited with Ten!

2009 May 12 EAD Issued

2009 Jul 08 AOS Interview: APPROVED :) :) :) :) ;) Stamps placed in the Passports.

Ya. Her local Metro bank could not receive the payment so she paid the fee at the embassy, where they told her "No Problem."

DJ

yes, paying the doc verification on the day of interview can cause delay. what province is your fiancee from? this is the first time that I have heard of any metrobank not accepting/receiving delbros DV payments. What I know is that most, if not all, metrobank branches are not aware of Delbros doc verification. So if she asked how to do it and asked if they accept payments for that, they may have told her that they don't know anything about it and that they do not accept any doc verification USEM related payments. In that case, she should just follow the procedure as dictated in the USEM website on how to pay doc verification in ANY metrobank and just gave the deposit slip and the payment to the cashier and be done with it.

Well, that has been my experience before. I went to our local metrobank, asked them about DV and they told me they don't accept payments for that.. i asked some VJ members what bank form to use and the following day, i went back to the same metro bank branch, this time, I didn't ask any question from the bank people and just got a deposit slip, filled it up and gave it to the cashier with the payment and bank charge. They accepted it with no problem and then I texted DELBROS and received confirmation of payment in reply. On the day of my interview, my verification result was with embassy already and after the interview, I just waited for my visa which came less than 2 weeks.

Not everybody who paid the DV in advance was lucky to not have problem with DV.. this is partly due to the information transmittal problems between DELBROS and USEM that is why, it has been adviced on the Philippine subforum that the applicant should make necessary follow ups after paying.

As for the delivery of visa, I am from the province and i received my visa 3days after it was released to DELBROS. Again, it is necessary to make follow ups with USEM and then with DELBROS local office in the province that your fiancee is from because sometimes the visa is already in the local office and yet they still wait a few days before delivering it.

All these unecessary delays is not due to the K1 flow chart problem but caused by the inefficiency of people behind DELBROS and USE Manila. It is best for applicants/ vj members to check the Philippine subforum and read Sheriff Ulings K1 visa guide after they receive the NOA2 so that they will be more prepared for the next steps specific to USE Manila.

I do hope your fiancee has received her visa now.. if not yet, I hope she will get it soonest. (F)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

DJ

yes, paying the doc verification on the day of interview can cause delay. what province is your fiancee from? this is the first time that I have heard of any metrobank not accepting/receiving delbros DV payments. What I know is that most, if not all, metrobank branches are not aware of Delbros doc verification. So if she asked how to do it and asked if they accept payments for that, they may have told her that they don't know anything about it and that they do not accept any doc verification USEM related payments. In that case, she should just follow the procedure as dictated in the USEM website on how to pay doc verification in ANY metrobank and just gave the deposit slip and the payment to the cashier and be done with it.

Well, that has been my experience before. I went to our local metrobank, asked them about DV and they told me they don't accept payments for that.. i asked some VJ members what bank form to use and the following day, i went back to the same metro bank branch, this time, I didn't ask any question from the bank people and just got a deposit slip, filled it up and gave it to the cashier with the payment and bank charge. They accepted it with no problem and then I texted DELBROS and received confirmation of payment in reply. On the day of my interview, my verification result was with embassy already and after the interview, I just waited for my visa which came less than 2 weeks.

Not everybody who paid the DV in advance was lucky to not have problem with DV.. this is partly due to the information transmittal problems between DELBROS and USEM that is why, it has been adviced on the Philippine subforum that the applicant should make necessary follow ups after paying.

As for the delivery of visa, I am from the province and i received my visa 3days after it was released to DELBROS. Again, it is necessary to make follow ups with USEM and then with DELBROS local office in the province that your fiancee is from because sometimes the visa is already in the local office and yet they still wait a few days before delivering it.

All these unecessary delays is not due to the K1 flow chart problem but caused by the inefficiency of people behind DELBROS and USE Manila. It is best for applicants/ vj members to check the Philippine subforum and read Sheriff Ulings K1 visa guide after they receive the NOA2 so that they will be more prepared for the next steps specific to USE Manila.

I do hope your fiancee has received her visa now.. if not yet, I hope she will get it soonest. (F)

Well, her case was submitted to the NSO for DV only two days after the interview, so I am guessing that the total penalty for late (same day) payment of the fee was just the two days. The balance of the time, however, puzzles me.

Now there is a new delay. Ten days after, being told that the NSO DV was complete, I was just now notified that a document has now been declared unsatisfactory, and was "returned to the Philippine government". Details about the offending document are unavailable to me, and so...

Again. I wait.

I have been separated from my fiance' now for 1 full year.

DJ

2008 Jun 24 Interview

--- Time Flies ---

2009 May 12 EAD Issued