dnb

information about I-275 application withdrawn

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and would like all the help i can get regarding Application withdrawn I-275 executed. I'm a Canadian married to now US citizen. I entered the US from overseas with my family and was given I-275 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I) and had to fly back to Toronto alone. Prior to the incident I have been going back and forth between US and Toronto between 2005 and 2007. I was questionned in the office and after answering truthfully was asked to sign a document but was not given any copy. The officer who handled my case assured us that it was not deportation or removal but me withdrawing my apllication to enter the US that time. She even gave me and my husbands options of visas we should apply so I can go back to the US and one of them was the K visa.

My question are:

1. what could my chance in getting approved for immigration to the US with I-275 212 (a)(7)(A)(i)(I) on record be?

2. Are there any special steps that me and myhusband should start preparing now, in preparation for the next forms to be filled up after the choice of agents aside from the medical and police clearance they would be requesting?

We have submitted applicaiton for CR 130 and K3 in february and was approved this july 2nd. NVC has entered the application for the CR 130 july 15th and sent out a choice of agent on july 18th (which I don's have on hand yet), but emailed by using Jame's shortcut on choice of agent and my husband paid for the fee yesterday.

thanks

dnb

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It seems kind of odd to me that he used the I-275, as most of the information says this is for cancellation of a visa, instead of withdrawing a request for admission.

That said, it is REALLY common for certain airport customs agents to feel uncomfortable allowing entry of a US spouse into the US if (in their opinion) there isn't enough proof that you are planning to return home. They refer to it as immigrant intent, and it happended to my husband too. . .happens to quite a few people.

Hopefully, what the agent told you is correct and they simply allowed you to withdraw your request. If they had done an expedited removal, you should have been advised of a ban of entry (five years) fingerprinted and given several copies of documentation of the removal.

If they did, in fact, allow you to withdraw the application, then when you go for your interview there should be no issues with issuing the visa. If I were you, I would be fairly confident that you were told correctly (this link says they won't give you a copy of the form p.17)

If you want to be completely sure, it is possible to do a Freedom of Information Act Request which is limited to the files concerning this particular Point of Entry, your name, and the date you attempted to enter by following these directions.

The only thing that you need to be careful to change is on the visa application. . .it will ask if you've ever been denied entry and to explain. . .make sure to not the date, and POE and explain the circumstances and that you were allowed to withdraw your application. Just make sure to be honest and truthful and you should have no problem.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi there!

I am wondering what happened to your VISA situation after the I-275 was executd. Did you get your K VISA without any problem? What questions were you asked about the POE incident and I-275 at your consuler interview? Was your consulate Montreal? I am in thesame boat except I am on F4 immigrant visa category filed by my sister. I am waitin for my interview date in Montreal US consuate. I was denied enry on my B1/B2 Visa in 2009 and I-275 was given to me my POE officer. Last thing is How did answer he question of Entry Denial on the VISA form , did you attach any separate sheet of explanation? Please please help me with my sitution, I know its already been two years and hopefully you are in the USA with your loved one. Thanks .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.