#CHE4CH#

SLEC MEDICAL EXPERIENCE

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

[/font][/size][/color]My journey in SLEC for my medical...

.ST. LUKE'S MEDICAL CENTER EXTENSION CLINIC

1177 J. BOCOBO ST.

ERMITA, MANILA

PHONE NUMBERS: 521-86-47

521-00-20

My medical experience last July 17-18 was full of excitement, nervous, doubts but at the end of the two days of struggling and praying so hard that I wont get any problem at all with my health was all worthy when I was finally told to get my result at the releasing area and all I could blurt it out is: THANKS GOD IM HEALTHY!

Last July 16,I remember that it was raining so hard when I arrived at Manila , although typhoon Helen was over but some of the streets in Manila is still drowning of water and because of the delayed flight I almost arrived around 4 in the afternoon and I was really worried about my reservation of the hotel because it’s good only up to 3Pm and I am one hour late already and any moment the hotel personnel will cancel my reservation to them and being a PROMDE or a girl from the province ( if that’s the excuse thing to say) I want to save money so I ride a metered taxi which I think it’s the best and smart thing to do than calling the hotel car and pay for about 500Php but I was totally wrong: the taxi driver was being rude for he went and take a long route of Pasay to Cubao then I can remember we even pass the area of Villamor Air Base and then he take many - many areas and streets which I am for sure we are almost close to Mabini St. where my hotel that I am going to stay located, at first I was just reluctant and still trust him that he knows what he was doing and maybe he is just making those routes to avoid the heavy traffic but after almost 2 hours I am worried and alarm already so I said to the driver, in a nice way: “Manong kanina pa tayo paikot-ikot ditto, alam nyo po ba saan tayo pupunta” ( excuse me, Sir we been rooming around for a same place for a very long time now, do you know where we going to?) he replied to me: Eh di naman ako pumupunta nang mga hotel: he said that in a very rude way: Oh! My God I was really mad and scared :angry: instead of panicking much but now I feel more scared and worried its like this person wants to take advantage of me, so I pull out my phone and call the hotel I make my voice loud so it would be clear enough so the driver can hear it: it was so surprising for me to know that one of the hotel receptionist that I talked on the phone inform me that it takes only 30-40 mins. From the airport to their hotel: so without a hesitation I tell the driver to pull over where a police standing at the corner then I started to grab my suitcase just beside me and open the door as soon as the cab stop: I was constantly in a very mad situation where I really approach the police to help me: I told to the police about the problem and the driver trying to argue and making explanation of his side to the police but good thing about he was never given a chance to explain more for it was very clear that he is lying: and I just paid 100 Php instead of paying more than 345PHP and I can say the driver was really furious on me: Well he deserves it, it wont happen to him if he never make a fraud towards me and the worst thing is that his drivers license should be renewed ,Whoa! I couldn’t believe after all I thought it was safe for me to travel alone and I can save money in taxi fair without bringing my husband which I been struggling and having a bad deals with the taxi driver we encounter every time I am with my husband, they thought that if it is an American they can be screwed up and has lots of $$$.

But at least I find myself again in a safe place and good thing the hotel personnel are very helpful and I found myself sleeping in a very soft bed and set my alarm clock to 4:30am so I can take my shower and have breakfast at exactly 5 am, that night I prepared already these following documents:

1. My passport

2. My 3 pcs. 2X2 ID’s in a white background

3. Appointment letter from USEM

4. X-ray result ( I done my X-ray before I went for my medical at SLEC)

The hotel I stayed was just few blocks away from SLEC, and all I have to do is just walk straight and cross the street when I got at the SLEC it was around 7Am , I can say they are many people inside already, so I showed my appointment letter to the security guard and he instructed me to have it photocopy ( so make a photocopy with it) then I went back to SC then he put stamped on my original appointment letter then this is what he give to me:

GROUND FLOOR AREA

1. PDS- where you have to fill up some information about you ( be sure to memorized/ know the address of your petitioner because you going to fill it up in the PDS form

2. He give me a number and I got number 21…prepare your one pieces of 2x2 ID...

After I fill-up the PDS I seat in the bench for awhile and waited my number to be called but I get up and even asked the guard then this is what he instructed me:

1. Fall in line

2. Wait for your turned to have a picture taking

3. Go- out and then fall in line again to other area and wait for your name to be called

As soon as my name was called, one of the SLEC personnel asked me some questions: personal and basic questions like your name, if it is your first time to do the medical and she asked me to signed again because my signature in my passport and my PDS form signature was kind of different, and then she instructed me to prepare 9,814.10.

I went to 5th floor and pay at the cashier with the said amount and then after that I go for my eye test, weight and height measurement, blood and pulse check and then, I was instructed to the next step like chest x-ray, Urine test and HIV test: Well, In my chest X-ray I was kind of very nervous and doubt because I have a cough for about 3 days and I know that from my previous x-ray result done before I went to SLEC, my doctor said, he found some hazy densities both on my upper lungs and he prescribed me a medicine to take so I think that gives me a help, another thing is that during my HIV test I am really scared at the needle so they just let me sit for awhile and relax because I was very fail the moment I saw the syringe but after I relax then that’s the time they do the test, don’t worry Medtech and nurses are very friendly, they will assist you in a good way, after I done those test I was instructed to seat at the waiting area and I was kind of nervous because the girl who come to me first was instructed to reschedule her interview for she has a problem with her X-ray and she cant proceed any check up and test without having a sputum test first and I can say she was so sad, I can even tell she was crying after she was being told that by one of the SLEC attendant , I tried to approach her when she finally back to her seat and I found out it will take her 2 and a half month’s if they found out that he sputum test is POSITIVE, I feel bad for that, :( anyway when my name was called: I can tell my knees are shaking and I can feel that my heart pumping so hard its like there was a big drums inside my heart: LOL! I don’t like to hear that I got that same problem like the girl but thanks GOD, I was instructed to go for the immunization interview, My God in this area were like waiting for big concert event: many people are waiting for their names to be called but It was just make me surprises because after 15 mins. My name was called, I went inside a room and then a doctor asked me so many questions like:

1. what is your name?

2. when is your birthday?

3. Hold are you?

4.When is the first and last day of your menstruation?

5. Do you have a sexual contact after your last day of menstruation

6. Have you experience bulutong-tubig? ( in this question, I asked the doctor, excuse me Doc. Yong bulutong-tubig ba is chickenFox?) Then she laugh…and answered YES!

7. Do you have an immunization record?

8. Do you want to take the shoots here or you want to do it after your arrived in US?.. I though that for a second because honestly it would be nice to do it later on but she explain to me that if I will done it on the states, I’ll be the one to pay for it whereas if I do It at them its included in the payment I made, so without a hesitation I answered I’ll do it here, anyway everybody does and we paid much

8. Have you been confined before to the hospital?

9.Do you have allergies?

10. Do you take antibiotic medicines?

I just answered those question, IN HONEST, POLITE, DIRECT TO THE POINT ANSWER and that’s it, she instructed me to go back at the 5th floor where I have instructed to get inside in a small room, I smiled because I know where I am heading now this is what my fellow vj’s said that “DISROBE” everything… hehehehe! So when my name was called I went inside to small room where there’s a lady doctor smiled at me and I greeted her politely: this was funny situation because the moment she get up and pick the wardrobe from a chair: I told her, oh! Im sorry Doctor let me do it and I started to take off my pants and it was funny because she said:

LadyDoctor: Your too excited to do this, aren’t you?

ME: and I was just like…Po?...

LD: di pa kita pinahuhubad, kinukuha ko lang ang wardrobed dyan sa upu-an kasi one of the patient na sinundan mo dyan niya iniwan….

ME: ay!! Naku Im so sorry Im really sorry…akala po kasi na…

LD: I know…don’t worry dadating din tayo dyan…

My God! It was very embarrassing moment for me :blush: , hehehehe!, I am in blush crimson…hahaha!!! Good thing I haven’t take off everything,,,hehehe ( silly me) but anyway that’s the lesson and experience I wont even forgot..She check me everything including the private part maybe to make it sure: you don’t have “ALMORANAS, ceast on the breast, if your telling the truth that your not pregnant and she asked me a same question what the doctor from immunization room asked me: asking same and repeating question but there’s an explanation for this…I found out that not only our physical was being checked they make it sure also that your mentally healthy, I talked to a woman during the waiting area and she said she done everything already but her mother would undergo for Psychiatry lesson for during her medical check up and was being asked questions by different doctors she had different answer and if she was asked by a direct question like when, how and what question’s she says many thing before coming up with a direct answer, oh! Well we should be careful.

It was exactly 9Am when I went out from that small room and then I was instructed to go back at the reception near at the X-ray area and one of the SLEC personnel get my passport and he get something from it and he instructed me to come back tomorrow that was July 18 and instructed me that when I come tomorrow I should bring 2 pcs. ID picture and show my passport and the slip paper to the guard first and the guard will tell me what to do next….Im out of the SLEC building exactly 9:15 am…

2nd day July 18…

On my second day, I went there almost 7am just like what they instructed me I showed my passport and the receipt slip on it, then the guard type- in my name in his computer and I saw my profile with my picture on it that they took me yesterday , and he instructed me to go in the immunization room, I wait there for about 1 hour along with those other people waiting to get their immunization also ( always remember put your passport on the box) so after waiting they started calling 5 names and my name was being called, this time around I want to collapse again for I know I’m going to encounter needle again, as usual the Nurse asked me repeating questions and I see that she let me sign again on a piece of paper and while I make my signature she prepare already the syringe of course w/ a needle , she told me that she will give me a 3 shoots and I said: oh! No!!! I’m afraid of needle.. Actually the needles are not long, its not long enough that you will get scared off and I don’t even feel anything, I got a 3 shoots, one for left arm and two for my right arm that’s why right now I can feel the pain more on my right arm side, Well just just to remember sometimes our emotions affect our thinking, its hard to say but don’t even think that it hurt’s convince yourself that its not painfull: Do the reverse Psychology…..

After I got my 3 shoots they are:

1 Tdap

2 Rubella

3. Varicella

And she told me, you’re not allowed/ avoid getting pregnant (one month) that’s god thing they give this advice, so after I take my shoots she instructed me to go to the ground floor for the releasing area, this time around I take the elevator the only reasons I used the stairs/ ladder during the first day so that my pulse rate will be alright once they check it and one thing it is a good exercise too..On the releasing area I wait for my name to be called I had my passport and a receipt on it, Once they call my name I prepared my 2 pcs. 2X2 ID and print my name and sign it at the back of your picture, they the SLEC personnel give me a big brown envelope which contain my X-ray and my vaccination documentation worksheet, Then she explain to me that they will be the one to forward my passport along with my other medical results to the USEM, so that’s it I done and all set…

I went out the SLEC at exactly 10:30 am the sky was so clear and I look at above and say: THANK you GOD and left at the area with a huge smile and very reluctant face, It was indeed a memorable journey that I experience I know this is not the end yet, I know I am going to encounter more obstacle and test till I get into the arms of my husband, and for those who will do their medical yet, please be guided that “GOD is GOOD all the time” if you encounter problem’s it doesn’t mean that it’s the end of your life”…. I hope this will give you a guide and I can help you in simple way…thanks Vj's here... :)

Just learn from my experience:

1. Never feel to be afraid in everything especially if someone is taking advantage on you, speak up as long as you know you’re in the right track.

2. Always make it sure that you know the place where you headed at. (It would be usefull to bring a map with you if your not familiarize with the area)

3. Always make it sure; you have your cell phone…

4. Eat your meals and drinks lots of water before you went for your medical

5. Used comfortable shoes because during your medical you are doing up-down inside the SLEC building…

6. Be attentive, alert all the time: time conscious is good but being self disciplined explains more.

7. Never hesitate to asked questions…

8. Always organized your things (the girl who is supposed to be next to me, lost her number)

9. Don’t forget to pray.

10. Take a medicine/ bring, after some shoots you experience some unusual feeling like fever etc….

11. Befriend to everyone, if they asked you question as long as you know the answer…

tHank you for sharing your experieced.god bless you always! (L)

NVC

June 23,2008- send ds230 to NVC

June 27,2008-ds230 was on there system

july 07,2008-my husband called NVC to follow up(operator told him. they request for my 2 passport size pic)

July 08,2007-I send the pic. to my hubby

July 09,2007- He send my picture to NVC

July 14,2007- He recieved the letter from NVC containing the RFE(the 2 pcs pic and The question # 20 on the Ds230 form. i just did not put word "PRESENT"

july 14.2008- he ask help from there senator to expedite

July 15,2008- I fedex the ds230 page 2.of part 1 to my husband

July 18,2008-my husband got the fedex then he give it to the senator and faxed it to NVC

Aug.01,2008- Case completed

Aug.15,2008-got our interview date

Aug.26-27- i had my medical

Sept.26,2008-My interview( guide me lord)

Thanks for sharing this CheCraig this are very detailed and informative to all of us. I feel so sorry about what you have had encountered/experienced with the taxi driver. There are lots of them here to be précised especially if they think you came from a province and a first timer here in Manila. They will do everything to take advantage of the passenger/s, although I am not generalizing all of 'em. Good thing to know, you’re wise enough and so clever to asked the evil driver to pulled out right in front of the Police. Goddddddd, I can easily imagined what was the look of his face in that moment :lol: if he could only kill you that time. :lol:

I should know 'coz I did it once when I came from Cebu to visit my sister he was thinking I am a 'SYANA or PROBINSYANA' becoz I’m talking in Visaya w/my other sister on the fon and since I am busy talking and NOT worried about the taxi thing he took advantage along with his skyrocket meter, it was darn fast-meter! When I noticed we reached EDSA-ROBINSON GALLERIA already instead of Pasay which is 20-30 mins away from the domestic airport. I told the driver "Manong this is EDSA already, I said Pasay going to the Century Park Hotel & it was stated in the piece of paper from the Airport with you. He said I don't know where that hotel is “w /a scary and yelling voice! He looks like a goon!!! From that moment I didn't say anything and keep my presence of mind since it was almost 12 midnight & get my pen jot down the plate number and call my nephew that I will be a little late and dictated him the PLATE NO. OF THE TAXI with a loud voice making sure the driver will hear it, for him to realize that if anything happens to me that night my relatives will certainly find him! In short we came back all the way from EDSA almost reach the cubao, to Manila area again, I noticed that the meter went up to P620.00 I was like this :o and this :angry: . So this driver was just like a thief-stealing money from a poor alone woman, so what I did beside Harizon Plaza Mall there was a 24 hours Police Station and I asked him to stopped and then lowered the window and asked one of the Police Officer and explained every single details to the precinct in short pina-blotter ko cia hahahaha! He was so apologetic, I didn’t pay anything the bad thing about it, the Police confiscated his Drivers License with P1200 penalty of the violation. :bonk: There was a piece of paper from the Airport given every time u take/ride a taxi about the taxi plate number, time deported & route (airport management did this as routine for safety & security purposes of every passengers), meaning the driver can't denied that my route will be to Pasay and not EDSA-Cubao.

To those first timers-vj'ers who will be coming from Visayas & Mindanao please be wary & careful. Manila is like a forest lots of wild animals waiting. Be alert and don’t lose your presence of mind all the time. Best thing to do: ask co-fellow vj'ers resides in Manila for accurate directions I'm sure they will always ready to give help & assistance.

Our CR1 & CR2 Visa Timeline

USCIS

12/04/2007 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

01/29/2008 : NOA1

05/07/2008 : NOA2 (Approved)

NVC

05/14/2008 : NVC assigned MNL Case No.

05/26/2008 : NVC Generates AOS & IV Bill

06/02/2008 : Online Payment AOS & IV Bill

06/04/2008 : Printed I-864; DS-230 & Barcoded coversheet

06/12/2008 : Sent I-864 & DS-230 Packets to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/13/2008 : NVC received the Packets

06/16/2008 : NVC entered the I-864 & DS-230 into the system

06/19/2008 : CR2 Case Completed while CR1 got RFE DS-230 #2 & #20

06/26/2008 : Sent the corrected RFE DS-230 to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/27/2008 : NVC received the RFE DS-230 corrections

07/03/2008 : CASE COMPLETED!!!

USEM

08/13/2008 : Medical Exam PASSED!!! (Aug. 13, 14 & 15)

08/14/2008 : Received the hardcopy of the NVC Appointment Date

09/10/2008 : Interview PASSED! (Pink & White Slip due to DV)

09/26/2008 : Visa Received

10/12/2008 : Arrived to USA!!!

USA

10/12/2008 : POE Detroit

10/20/2008 : Received SSN

11/14/2008 : Received The Welcome Notice from Homeland (USCIS)

11/19/2008 : Received Green Card (11/30 got from old address mailbox)

ROC

09/03/2010 : Packet sent to USCIS

09/03/2010 : Received by USCIS

Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks for sharing this CheCraig this are very detailed and informative to all of us. I feel so sorry about what you have had encountered/experienced with the taxi driver. There are lots of them here to be précised especially if they think you came from a province and a first timer here in Manila. They will do everything to take advantage of the passenger/s, although I am not generalizing all of 'em. Good thing to know, you’re wise enough and so clever to asked the evil driver to pulled out right in front of the Police. Goddddddd, I can easily imagined what was the look of his face in that moment :lol: if he could only kill you that time. :lol:

I should know 'coz I did it once when I came from Cebu to visit my sister he was thinking I am a 'SYANA or PROBINSYANA' becoz I’m talking in Visaya w/my other sister on the fon and since I am busy talking and NOT worried about the taxi thing he took advantage along with his skyrocket meter, it was darn fast-meter! When I noticed we reached EDSA-ROBINSON GALLERIA already instead of Pasay which is 20-30 mins away from the domestic airport. I told the driver "Manong this is EDSA already, I said Pasay going to the Century Park Hotel & it was stated in the piece of paper from the Airport with you. He said I don't know where that hotel is “w /a scary and yelling voice! He looks like a goon!!! From that moment I didn't say anything and keep my presence of mind since it was almost 12 midnight & get my pen jot down the plate number and call my nephew that I will be a little late and dictated him the PLATE NO. OF THE TAXI with a loud voice making sure the driver will hear it, for him to realize that if anything happens to me that night my relatives will certainly find him! In short we came back all the way from EDSA almost reach the cubao, to Manila area again, I noticed that the meter went up to P620.00 I was like this :o and this :angry: . So this driver was just like a thief-stealing money from a poor alone woman, so what I did beside Harizon Plaza Mall there was a 24 hours Police Station and I asked him to stopped and then lowered the window and asked one of the Police Officer and explained every single details to the precinct in short pina-blotter ko cia hahahaha! He was so apologetic, I didn’t pay anything the bad thing about it, the Police confiscated his Drivers License with P1200 penalty of the violation. :bonk: There was a piece of paper from the Airport given every time u take/ride a taxi about the taxi plate number, time deported & route (airport management did this as routine for safety & security purposes of every passengers), meaning the driver can't denied that my route will be to Pasay and not EDSA-Cubao.

To those first timers-vj'ers who will be coming from Visayas & Mindanao please be wary & careful. Manila is like a forest lots of wild animals waiting. Be alert and don’t lose your presence of mind all the time. Best thing to do: ask co-fellow vj'ers resides in Manila for accurate directions I'm sure they will always ready to give help & assistance.

HeLLo there Filificans! your absoutely right, its because they know that we're from the Province they will take thier effort to make an advantage on you, I dont know w/c should be blame of.. Is it because of our economic problem regarding high price of everything or they are just simply born and love to screwed a PROMDE like me or any persons.. I hope we will be alert all the time: and I simply appreciate and thumps up on what you did, at least our experience together will make them hint that to always be carefull in a big city: even before I always encounter taxi driver's unfair treatment especially when I am with my husband, they make dramas and even alliby just to screwed you up:

Thanks for your sympathy towards my experience: I had already a TAXI-DrIver Phobia, it was just naturally imparted of me: kasi not all but most of the time they LOVE to screwed up other people...So fellow Vj's like what I said expecially who are from Provinces be Carefull all the time...

GOodLuck and God Bless

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well said....my congratulations on your effort to share this experience regarding the taxi ride, this will serve as a hint to those who will be going to Manila. It also happened to us since I am from Bicol. I would say I am not that too familiar with the places in Manila so when me and my fiance' was on a ride, I noticed the driver was misleading us, but since that was our 2nd time to ride to and from MOA I already knew how much to pay and how long it will take us. The driver kept taking many routes so I pretended I am a Manila girl saying, Manong, bakit nililigaw mo pa kami, huwag na tayo maglokohan. Hindi inaabot ng P100 ang metro tuwing sumasakay ako ng taxi papuntang MOA. ( Sir, why are you trying to mislead us? Let's not make a fool on each other! It doesn't cost us P100 everytime we take a taxi ride going to MOA) He was still trying to be defensive by making some reasons...I said if you want let's go to camp crame and meet Col.___ my uncle. haha! the truth wla na uncle ko dun kasi nagretire na :rofl::rofl: From then, he stopped uttering words and brought us smoothly to MOA. I paid him exactly P100 and he can't complain. That's what he get instead of giving him more for a tip. Bonehead!!! :lol:

Edited by AllRightsReserved

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.