Lenchik

Different last name in passport and greencard

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Tickets need be in the name on your passport

What if mine on married name???

Then you will need to use your greencard as your ID to present to the airline and TSA. You will still need to bridge the name discrepancy between your greencard and your passport with your marriage certificate.

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

Then you will need to use your greencard as your ID to present to the airline and TSA. You will still need to bridge the name discrepancy between your greencard and your passport with your marriage certificate.

You made me feel better.... I was thinking about not going...

You are so sure in your answers... Do you really know many cases of people who travelled like this???

What scares me... I do know one person who actually was turned down because of this and is sitting in Ukraine now, trying to do name change in the passport...

oh! one more thing! I went online to read about VIP service... they present it as just more comfortable place to wait for plane, they do not say anything about handling your documents better...

Timeline

You made me feel better.... I was thinking about not going...

You are so sure in your answers... Do you really know many cases of people who travelled like this???

What scares me... I do know one person who actually was turned down because of this and is sitting in Ukraine now, trying to do name change in the passport...

oh! one more thing! I went online to read about VIP service... they present it as just more comfortable place to wait for plane, they do not say anything about handling your documents better...

Well I know several people who have done for years it but I will say the last time was last summer..... What airport, Kiev or Odessa?

YMMV

Timeline
Kiev

Well all our experiences were at Odessa. My wife's cousin was given trouble at regular passport control one time. Each subsequent time they used VIP and no hassle. We plan to use VIP on our departure in two weeks when we come back.

YMMV

Kiev

Well all our experiences were at Odessa. My wife's cousin was given trouble at regular passport control one time. Each subsequent time they used VIP and no hassle. We plan to use VIP on our departure in two weeks when we come back.

wow! the price is $150 per person in VIP!!!!!

Timeline
Attention everyone! I have got a phone number for passport control people in Borispol airport in Kiev! person who knows the answer will be back in couple of hours! The truth is close!!!!

Awesome!!

YMMV

Attention everyone! I have got a phone number for passport control people in Borispol airport in Kiev! person who knows the answer will be back in couple of hours! The truth is close!!!!

Awesome!!

Ok! I called passport control in the airport. they told me that ukrainian passport, greencard and marriage sertificate to prove name change is fine!

Amen!

Timeline
Ok! I called passport control in the airport. they told me that ukrainian passport, greencard and marriage sertificate to prove name change is fine!

Amen!

OK that is good news... What is the issue with the person you know who got stranded?

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.