ginger1981

Chicago Brit Meetup - Friday, July 18

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

http://brit.meetup.com/50/

Sign up here for the Chicago Brit Meetup next Friday, July 18 at Rock Bottom Brewery on State and Grand. Apparently the basement is reserved for the get-together.

Nicky and myself do plan on attending :dance:

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Since we're not sure exactly when Stu is going to be here, we'll have to pass on this one, but if there's ever another one, we'd love to go! Especially since we're not that far from Chicago.

I hope everyone has fun though! :thumbs:

-Shan

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Timeline
Since we're not sure exactly when Stu is going to be here, we'll have to pass on this one, but if there's ever another one, we'd love to go! Especially since we're not that far from Chicago.

I hope everyone has fun though! :thumbs:

-Shan

Are you in the quad cities?

Yeah they seem to be pretty good about having monthly meet-ups. Would love to see you and Stu in the future.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline
Are you in the quad cities?

Yeah they seem to be pretty good about having monthly meet-ups. Would love to see you and Stu in the future.

Further west, Iowa City :) A VJ meet up some time in the future sounds good! Be really cool to meet all the people here.

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Timeline
There are a lot of members on VJ who are in Chicago and not from the UK. You should consider making this a whole VJ thing - could be fun! :D

I just happened to post this one b/c it is an already established group. But yeah...I'd be happy into looking into organizing a visa journey particular group.

I'm wondering if on this board we could have a discussion on meetups? Unless I've missed it that could be a good way of advertising and arranging local expat meet-ups and have it all in one easy to find place.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
There are a lot of members on VJ who are in Chicago and not from the UK. You should consider making this a whole VJ thing - could be fun! :D

I just happened to post this one b/c it is an already established group. But yeah...I'd be happy into looking into organizing a visa journey particular group.

I'm wondering if on this board we could have a discussion on meetups? Unless I've missed it that could be a good way of advertising and arranging local expat meet-ups and have it all in one easy to find place.

They tend to "advertise" potential meet ups in Off Topic. There is one ongoing for Seattle at the mo. There have been sucessful meetings in KC, LA and St Louis, MO.

:D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.