fitzee21

How difficult could it possibly be?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee provided a CENOMAR and all other required paperwork on her June 10 interview. We still ended up under the dreaded AR Document Verification. They sent a request for a CENOMAR and it arrived on June 27. A few weeks ago, and my fiancee had to submit her NBI Clearance because her's expired on June 15; after it expired, she went to get a new one in case she would need it. They called her on June 30 and she went in that same day to submit the NBI Clearance. I called them just tonight and the person said it seemed odd that she submitted it so quickly. I just told her that she had renewed it and went in the same day that she was called. I was told to call again in 1 week but she couldn't guarantee that the paperwork would be finished. She just said "The caseworker is checking on something." I asked her if that means we need to submit more documents or not, but she said not at this time.

It's been 10 days since she submitted the NBI Clearance. Why does it take so long? They have the damn paperwork, why can't they just approve her and let us get on with our lives? Who are THEY to judge who WE are allowed to be with?

I REALLY wish that I'd of kept a daily diary of this whole process. I would write a book and not stop until it became a #1 seller on the NY Times and Oprah's book of the month club. It's just f'ing BS what we have to go through to get married! My cousin is going to be an intern for a U.S. Senator in the next coming months. I'm going to write a letter about this process and have him give it to the Senator.

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Sorry for the rant and some of the bad language. I'm just really frustrated with the whole thing. It's just so stupid.

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I totally understand how you feel. I really wish there's someone who can expose this merry-go-round process in the USEM to someone big in the US goverment. Plus..this document verification that's been taking forever! They dont have a proper SOP! This is really frustrating.. :angry:

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

sorry to hear that both of you have to undergone such pain for this visa process. with mine before, I made it sure that all my security documents have the closest date as to my interview. But I heard that just this year the manila usem have implemented the what so called "document verification", though I can understand this process to avoid falsification of documents, but I hope the USEM administration can work in a maximum speed.

Good luck!

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
sorry to hear that both of you have to undergone such pain for this visa process. with mine before, I made it sure that all my security documents have the closest date as to my interview. But I heard that just this year the manila usem have implemented the what so called "document verification", though I can understand this process to avoid falsification of documents, but I hope the USEM administration can work in a maximum speed.

Good luck!

i think the problem is their connection to DELBROS - they should have an "exact" span of time when will it be done..they say its 2-4 weeks - then what the heck about the months and months of waiting just for that verified docs to land to the USEM's hands!

im just being true..but y dont the USEM get some other courier!??! way better than delbros!

i guess what we can only do is to really plan when is the best time to pay that DV to prevent the hassles

i heard that paying it..super ahead of time makes the DV delay and those who paid a month or 3 wks b4 their interview got the pink slip only

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Filed: Timeline

I know fitzee21.. if you recall.. Zandy and I were in AR for 6 weeks before she got her visa.. I flew her her within a week. Let me just tell you.. Once you Sweetheart arrives here.. You will forget all the frustration. Zandy has all but made me forget the messed up process... Were doing so wonderful. I have never been so happy. If you recall... I made a few rants my self.

So get your chin up.. and give it just a little more time..

Take care

1_678006162l.jpg

x6myw1.jpg

1589m5i.jpg

Although Cris and I did not go thru the same document verification process as many are experiencing now, we had the problem of the US Embassy thinking that she had derivative rights to American citizenship therefore we had to wait also.

Here is what I learned from repeating talking to the Embassy and others connected to the Visa process.

They do not work on the oldest cases first, your case is probably has all the materials needed to make a decision, it is just sitting in the “to do later” stack of files. It is a messed up procedure, they do not realize these cases represent our lives, but rather to them it is just paperwork to be processed. At one point during a heated phone call the exchange they told me something like, “sir, do you think we will go back and look for your file and process in before our current file?” Guess what my response was, LOL. But I think keeping a fire under the butts may get them to finally look for you, just so you will stop wasting their time. (Use cell phone with international calling plan) I imagine it is like a doctor or a policeman who just get hardened to aspects of their jobs over time. It doesn’t hurt to contact your federal representative office, all three of my responded, Representative Johnson, and Senators Durbin and Obama. Two of three offices sent inquiries. If you have an attorney he can’t do sh!t. There is also a member of this board who has a former USE contact with a @state.gov email who can inquire, but it is not up to me to give out his email/name. He did send me this…."I am unfortunately no longer in Manila and do not have access to your case files. However, I have forwarded your concerns to the Immigrant Visa Section of the U.S. Embassy in Manila. They will look into your fiancée’s case and get back to you as soon as possible." Who knows if it helped?

Bureaucracies, I know of the same things happening in the health insurance field, state agencies design to help the poor, the list go on and on. If you are experiencing what we went through during the wait, just assure your fiancée or asawa that there is not a problem with your individual case, but rather your paperwork is sitting there waiting to be completed.

Just my thoughts, but what do I know?

Timeline

Thank you all for the responses, it really means a lot to me. I've calmed down since my rant yesterday, but it's still tough no matter how you look at it.

Thanks again!

rnb.jpg

Timeline

:whistle: The problem US government contacted this out to save money. There is only certain days that the paper is passed from one office to the next.

After several weeks of waiting for something to happen, I started to make phone calls. I also send fax to the embassy to the all the boss, letting them know about the problem. Then all at once everything got moving and within three (3) day Sonia had her visa in hand.

Here is Fas number, name and titles;

0116323012399 Kristie A. Kenny Ambassabor

Paul Jones Deputy Chief of Mission

0116323012591 Dr. Lawerence Mire Immigrant Visa Chief

0116325224361 William W. Lesh Immigrant Visa Deputy Chief

Phone number document verification Inquiry person is Robbie and visa delivery is Redrose

0116323392761 then ask for local 104 for verification and local 127

or 118 for delivery

I hope this will help. It sure help us out.. Also I did most of our calls three-way calls

Good luck. God bless

OUR Time Line;

Nov 4, 2004 Met on YM Pool Game Chat room

Dec 30, 2005 Surprized her with our 1st meeting in person

Dec 31, 2005/Jan 1, 2006 Got Engaged

Jan 10, 2006 Had my 56th Birthday party in Philippines

Jan 11, 2006 Left the go come back Home

Mar 20, 2006 Found out Sonia was Pregnant

Oct 7, 2006 Our son was born

Nov 5, 2006 Arrived in the Philippine for a visit

Nov 11, 2006 Had our son Basptized

Nov 19, 2006 Left the Philippines again

July 31, 2007 Mailed inI 129 F was mailed in

Aug 13, 2007 Received

Sep 25, 2007 I 797 Notice of Action Mailed out

Feb 25, 2008 NAO2 has been approve sent to Manila.

Mar. 31, 2008 Made phone call about interview set dates

Apr. 15, 2008 Medical Exam St. Luke (GOOD TO GO!!!!!)

Apr. 24, 2008 Interview(APPROVED AND WAITING VISA)

Jun. 6, 2008 Finally got Visa at about VISA[/size]

Aug. 05, 2008 On a jet plane head for the Philippines to get my family

Aug. 06, , 2008 we are together again

AUGUST 19, 2008 POE Seattle, WA.

NOV. 8, 2008 Wedding

:whistle: The problem US government contacted this out to save money. There is only certain days that the paper is passed from one office to the next.

After several weeks of waiting for something to happen, I started to make phone calls. I also send fax to the embassy to the all the boss, letting them know about the problem. Then all at once everything got moving and within three (3) day Sonia had her visa in hand.

Here is Fas number, name and titles;

0116323012399 Kristie A. Kenny Ambassabor

Paul Jones Deputy Chief of Mission

0116323012591 Dr. Lawerence Mire Immigrant Visa Chief

0116325224361 William W. Lesh Immigrant Visa Deputy Chief

Phone number document verification Inquiry person is Robbie and visa delivery is Redrose

0116323392761 then ask for local 104 for verification and local 127

or 118 for delivery

I hope this will help. It sure help us out.. Also I did most of our calls three-way calls

Good luck. God bless

same here..we got same problem fitzee its my 2nd time that the releasing officer called my house and said the consulate was not satisfied with the docs.. we sent last june18 after the interview..now we are heading again on monday to submit them (just because the consulated wanted the notary in front page, when we asked the notary public they said that the notaries are standardized formats and they wonder why is the consulate is so picky and looking to much to this details..i think shes playing with us..and maybe doesnt really want to grant my visa..poor me and my daughter too)..i pray ours will be fine very very soon...=( i get really dissapointed honestly that they give chances to others and inspite of the hardship and effort to submit the docs they wont ...=( lord guide our consulates...

hey fellow Fitz, sorry you guys got caught in the black hole of doc ver. that seems to be the new thing they arbitrarily put people thru. As for the rant, I just wish this process would make it to the light of the media. then maybe something can be done. but as long as it is only us"average Joes" going through this , nothing will change. Hopefully the AR will be finished in a few days

June 2006 Met on Myspace
Sep 21 2007 Proposed and she accepted
Dec 9 2007 Arrived in Manila
Dec 15 2007 Returned home, very sad day
Dec 21 2007 Sent Form I-129F to CSC
Dec 24 2007 Packet received at CSC
Dec 31 2007 NOA 1 received
Jan 02 2008 Check cashed
May 05 2008 NOA2
May 12 2008 Received letter from NVC MNL2008xxxxxx
May 19 2008 Paid Delbros fee at Metrobank
May 20 2008 First day of medical
May 21 2008 Told to return for sputum test
May 21 2008 Delbros confirmed receiving payment
May 27 2008 Delbros sent proof of payment to USEM
May 27,28,29 2008 Sputum test done
June 6 2008 Delbros sent doc ver request to the NSO
June 27 2008 NSO doc ver completed, to be picked up by USEM
July 1, 2008 Called USEM, doc ver is at the embassy
July 30, 2008 Passed the sputum test and finished the physical
Aug 5, 2008 Interview, PASSED received PINK SLIP
Aug 12 2008 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God
Aug 16,2008 Flight to US. Manila to Narita, to Chicago
Sept 8, 2008 Civil wedding
Feb 14, 2009 Big fancy wedding
groupresized.jpg

Timeline

Thanks for the information everybody. If my phone call next Friday morning doesn't yield positive results, I'm going to write to both U.S. Senators in Texas, the Senator for whom my cousin will have his internship this Fall, as well as everybody on the list above provided by JSRF.

I was checking cases of other members who have "similar timelines" to mine, yet some of them were able to get married in almost half the time that it's take for us just to get delivery of the Visa! I haven't broke down and cried in a few months, and if my sister weren't here right now, I'd be hysterical, lol

Thanks for the help and support. I pray nobody has to go through this BS.

rnb.jpg

Timeline

Wow! I just found out that one of the Texas U.S. Senators, John Cornyn, has a section dedicated specifically to dealing with federal agencies:

http://cornyn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?...FederalAgencies

Even more specifically, he has an "Immigration Privacy Release Form" for dealing specifically with your case:

http://cornyn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?...65-961df004cc9c

Now this looks like a guy who can and will get things done! If I don't get to hear what I want to hear on my phone call next week, I'm going to act like a kid and tell on the big bad bullies! LOL

I'm a paying member of the RNC and Texas GOP. If I have to write him, I'll also provide those membership numbers, I think it'll help! :D

Edited by fitzee21

rnb.jpg

Timeline

Even more specifically, he has an "Immigration Privacy Release Form" for dealing specifically with your case:

http://cornyn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?...65-961df004cc9c

It makes me wonder, if everyone filled out this form and sent it in regarding the DV, if things might change.

Fitzee, thanks for the information either way.

Al

Edited by IzelNAl

Timeline

You're welcome. I spoke with my cousin, who's going to be an intern for one of the Senators this Fall, and he had me e-mail my information regarding what's occurred since my fiancee's interview on June 10. He's going to send it onto the people that he knows in the House of Representatives for Missouri. There's also another young man who's involved in politics from this area who graduated with my sister. I'm going to contact him as well.

I'm really hoping that the more we get this information out there, the better the service will become. I read the Embassy's customer service statement (http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhneng.html) and nowhere on there do they address that they will provide you with timely and efficient service. However, many of us are not receiving any display of their opening portion, "We will treat you with dignity and respect..."

Don't forget to check your U.S. Senators to receive help with your case. Here is the directory and you can sort it by state:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

rnb.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.