5 posts in this topic

Im in Florida on a k3 visa... I was going to wait for my I-130 to be approved and fly back to my home country which is the uk for the interview. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where would i apply to to do the AOS here and where would i send it to and how long does it normally take.

Many thanks

siobhan

Siobhan,Yorkshire UK-Scott,Florida USA

CR1-I-130

May/06/08............NOA1 from Vermont

Filed: Timeline

Hi

All AOS are filed to the Chicargo lock box... address on the forms... My AOS took 181 days from filing to approval at interview....

Some people have been faster and some slower... so there is no real way to tell how long it will be....

Good Luck with whatever way you decided to go...

Kezzie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

To chicago lockbox.

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Family-based Adjustment of Status applications are sent to a central mailing location--the Chicago Lockbox. They do pre-processing of the application(s) and disperse them to the offices that will adjudicate them (I think AP and EAD apps go to the NBC) and the I-485 is put in line for your District Office.

You can find out your District Office at uscis.gov as it is based on your residence address.

Each DO has their own processing time, and you can watch those at uscis.gov in the Processing Times page. Some offices are notoriously backlogged (<koff> Florida--but not all offices) and can take up to 3 years to get to you and your interview, but others can be in the 3-6 month range, so it is the luck of geography.

If your office is particularly speedy, you might opt to AOS instead of going back for an Immigrant Visa. I suspect that the IV will be a faster conclusion for a Floridian, but look for others who use your DO--like K-1s who *must* AOS--to get a realistic idea.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Thank you for all your replies, after looking into this in more detail its going to take along time to AOS if i do it here. Hopefully my I-130 will be approved any day now and if thats the case i could be back in London by the end of the summer

Once again many thanx

siobhan

Siobhan,Yorkshire UK-Scott,Florida USA

CR1-I-130

May/06/08............NOA1 from Vermont

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.