israel0218

Current Status: Card production ordered.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
well about the citizenship like i said, i am still not sure i don't know why...

Personally, if they're taking my taxes, I'd like to be able to vote, actually I'd like to vote regardless.

Not being able to leave the country for more than 6 months/1 year without permission or take certain jobs is a pain as well.

Filed: Timeline
well about the citizenship like i said, i am still not sure i don't know why...

Personally, if they're taking my taxes, I'd like to be able to vote, actually I'd like to vote regardless.

Not being able to leave the country for more than 6 months/1 year without permission or take certain jobs is a pain as well.

Not only that, remember that the law that regulates Permanent Residents can change during the time. Let's say that in 2011 they decide that instead of 3/5 yrs of residency to apply for citizenship, you must wait 7 yrs regardless if you are marry or not with a USC. Or that you not only must do a naturalization test, you must do something else and pay for it. Or change the 6 months to 4 months instead to not be able to be outside of the country so it won't affect your naturalization process.

There is a lot that can be change. Remember that this 2-yr conditional rule that we are in, was change from a previous 10 yr expedite service that was given before, it was not the rule since the beginning. They can start giving "conditional citizenships" and if you commit a DUI or whatever other thing on those two years or did not do this or that, then you won't be granted a full citizenship....and I can continue on and on.

I know that might sounds paranoic...but at this stage The Hitchhiker's Guide To Galaxy sounds good to me.

I know that might sounds paranoic...but at this stage The Hitchhiker's Guide To Galaxy sounds good to me.

Cherr1980, :thumbs: the part about "The Hitchhiker's Guide To Galaxy " is hilarious :thumbs:

Karina and Tomy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congrats. You can breathe a sigh of relief (when you get your hands on the new card).

^_^

K-1 Timeline

02.02.2005: Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

08.08.2005: Successful interview; visa received at 4pm

08.10.2005: Trip to US (Newark Int'l Airport is POE)

AOS Timeline

08.26.2005: Married in State College, Pennsylvania

11.14.2005: AOS and EAD applications received at USCIS

03.10.2006: EAD received (114 days since submission)

06.17.2006: Green card received (241 since submission)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05.28.2008: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

06.04.2008: NOA1 received

07.05.2008: Biometrics completed in Houston

03.27.2009: Ten year green card approved

Naturalization Timeline

11.09.2009: N-400 package mailed to Lewisville, TX

12.18.2009: Biometrics done in Houston

03.01.2010: Passed interview

04.07.2010: Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.