pkmk

N-400 JULY 2008 Filers

637 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Gabon
Timeline

Happy Tuesday, guys!!! And again congratulations to Sakura!

My journey and perseverance are coming to an end. After an intense monthly battle, involving the senator's office, infoPass visits and unlimited calls to USCIS 800 number, my efforts are finally generated fruit. Today, I called USCIS 800 number again and again, to confirm that they have lately sent me the oath ceremony letter and I would be receiving it within two weeks… They said they could not disclose me when it was sent out…Amen! Amen! Amen!

Good luck to KyngSilva, Sakura & David. I believe we’re just a step way from touching down…

KatLovM

Edited by KatLovM

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Kat. I'm glad those clowns are actually doing something. Well my case just hit a snag....woohoo. So here's the response ..funny 2 weeks ago they said ti would take one month to get an oath date....

Dear Ms. Silva:

I apologize for the delay in responding to your requests. I recently received the following information regarding your husband's case:

Mr. Silva’s application was reverified on March 13th. Due to the volume of cases, and limited ceremonies coming up in April and May, I am projecting that Mr. Silva will be scheduled for a June, possibly even July ceremony.

If you have additional questions or concerns regarding this case, please feel free to contact me by phone at 612-727-5238, fax at 612-727-5223, or by e-mail at clara_haycraft@klobuchar.senate.gov.

Best regards,

Clara Haycraft

Constituent Advocate

U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar

So damn excited.........NOT!!! :crying:

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations KatLovM! I am so excited for you to finally be able to cross the finish line!

KyngSilva, oh my god, I dont know if I will be happy for you or I will be angry at USCIS. That doesnt seem right. I know that it's good news that you finally have some information on your case and that you have a projected date to wait for, but still... oh, well... July??? That is 7 months since you had your interview! Even June seems like unacceptable. But oh well, what can we do?

Gosh I cant wait to receive that oath letter!

I know Im not happy. My wife wrote another email to the Senators office. I am going to keep pushing till I get an answer I like. They have no clue what the hell they are doing at that office. When I went there, last month I was told they have interviews every week. Now they are saying that they don't have limited interviews. This is getting crazy.

My Citizenship Timeline

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

Filed: Country: Gabon
Timeline
I know Im not happy. My wife wrote another email to the Senators office. I am going to keep pushing till I get an answer I like. They have no clue what the hell they are doing at that office. When I went there, last month I was told they have interviews every week. Now they are saying that they don't have limited interviews. This is getting crazy.

KyngSilva,

Never sleep until you get that oath letter. By the way, InfoPass seems to be more active tool to shake a deal. If you can, go to the service center every week. At least, they cannot stop you from coming in.

KatLovM

Thats true Kat. I think I will make an appointment to go see them soon. Thanks

My Citizenship Timeline

Ok guys so here's the new scoop . This morning I received an email from the Senators office to the email we sent them. They replied

Dear Ms. Silva:

I will call my Congressional Liaison at the Saint Paul Office on Thursday regarding your request. I do not know if they will approve an expedite request for an oath ceremony, but it does not hurt to try.

I will contact you via e-mail once I receive an answer.

Best,

Clara Haycraft

Great right....So atleast they are trying. Then this afternoon I get an email from the USCIS. See I field an inquiry into my case because it was over 90 days. SO they stated they would get back to me. Here's what their email stated

Dear Silva:

On 03/30/2009 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following: BLAh BLAH BLAH

The status of this service request is:

USCIS records indicates that you are scheduled for an oath ceremony in St Paul MN.

Notification was issued to you at your current address on March 31, 2009.

I don't know if I should be excited or not. I think I'll hold back my excitement till I actually get my letter. These people have no clue what they are doing. One place states that they are too busy to schedule, the other side states that they have already scheduled. GREAT!! Who do you believe?

My Citizenship Timeline

I agree to that. USCIS people give you conflicting answers most of the time. Which is really annoying. I hope you get that oath letter soon. By the way, how did they know your email address?

Since they said that your oath letter was sent March 31st, maybe they just did it because they got a call from your senator's rep? Otherwise, you will not be included in that oath schedule? I dont know, I'm just guessing, because sometimes, these USCIS people need some "hammering" :bonk: before they consider working on your case.

It's really good to have someone from the public office working on your case. I have no idea what to do to make our congressman or senators' people to work on mine. :clock: I guess I have to wait again, just like what I did before. [sigh]

I gave them my email address when I filed my report. Who knows what they do. One hand is doing one thing and the other hand is doing another.

My Citizenship Timeline

KyngSilva, that's great news. If I may ask, how did you file a report? Because I tried with mine by calling the USCIS/NBC hotline number when my application was pending for almost 8mos awaiting interview schedule, and yet, each time I called them up and tried to file a service request, I was turned down, telling me to wait for 120 days. 130 days have passed and so on, each time I called them, I get the same answer. No one from the USCIS reps filed a service request on my behalf. So how did you file yours? Thru what channel? I'm asking just in case...

Well my friend it was waaaaaay past the 90 day time frame. I called and told them that I have not heard from the USCIS. I was told that I would get my oath in 2 weeks to a month. She apologized and said she will file an inquiry into it and they would get back to me in 45 days. I think you can file for an inquiry after the interview and 90 days have passed, not before the interview. I just called the customer service line and bitched a lot.

My Citizenship Timeline

My Friends.....today is a good day at the KyngSilva house. I FINALLY GOT MY OATH LETTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

After pushing people from all sides, I finally got it today. It has been set for April 30th.

My Citizenship Timeline

Congratulation, nothing comes easy with USCIS, glad you pushed them hard.

I-130/I129f

6/14/2008 Sent to Chicago lockboxt

6/18/2008 received by USCIS

6//27/2008 NOA1

8/14/2009 upgarded the I-130 to immedi Reltive

8/25/2009 send I-129F

9/2/2009 NOA1 for I-129f received

9/10/2009 sent expedite request.

9/16/2009 first Touch since 6/27/2008

9/16 129f and I-130 Approved

9/22 Hard copies received

9/23/2009 NVC received my I29f/K3 still waiting for the I130

9/24 I29f sent to embassy

10/05 NVC case number assigned to my I-130

10/7 received DS3032 and AOS email

10/7 Sent DS-3032 by email and mail.

10/7 paid AOS

10/9/2009 AOS sent

10/9/2009 expedite request accepted, login failed, case sent to the Eabassy

11/22/2009 Interview

11/24/2009 Visa issued

11/29/2009 arrived to the US.

Thanks So and Sak. Sak...I hope your letter comes soon. I know how much it sucks waiting for it.

My Citizenship Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.