HighwayStar

A question for the experts

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancé and I sent our K1 petition in late March, and have not yet received an approval - while other people who have filed in the same period already have. Nothing odd in that, as we all know... However, this morning, while having a conversation with a colleague of mine at work, he dropped a hint that turned my whole world upside down. I (the beneficiary) work for the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and according to my colleague, this could be a reason for possible delays.

Though I always thought at this stage the checks would mainly involve the USC, as well as the legitimacy of our relationship, at this point I don't know what to think.. Might USCIS have any doubts as to why I want to emigrate? In Italy, gov't jobs are highly prized (even though extremely badly paid), and most people would cut off a limb rather than leave one. I have no idea if my job might be a red flag for USCIS, and get them to think I have other, more sinister reasons for moving to the US than just getting married to the man I love. Needless to say, this threw me into a panic. Maybe it is totally unjustified, but I'd be very grateful all the same to any of the experts here if they could provide some insight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I am not sure how much this would help you feel better but at least your case was touched again in July,

I am assuming that it should be more encouraging than our case.

Our NOA1 was issued on March 31st 2008 and our case was only touched on April 21, 2008.

It has not been touched since then.

My job is nothing like governmental. Neither is my American fiance's...

I am so scared to think what if something wrong is going on with our case,

or our case is being left unnoticed....

Each case is different but I wish you the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
All we can do at this stage is speculate... Some cases get approved without a single touch, so I wouldn't really worry about touches that much. You are close to approval time, so that's what might cause all this anxiety and extra worrying. I totally understand. Especially seen all those around you getting approved and still no email from CHRIS. You can't really do anything untill you are 60 days past posted USCIS processing times, and I doubt you will get there. I just wish you all the pacience there is in the world to get through those couple more days. Oh, and I doubt your job will effect anything. It's just might be that your adjudicator is a slower one :star:

7829087.gif

07-22-2006 Met in Florida

09-02-2006 Been together ever since

12-09-2007 My visa expired, trip back home

01-16-2008 Dave visited me in Ukraine

04-22-2008 I-129F mailed out to Vermont

05-20-2008 I-129F returned

05-22-2008 Second attempt at filing I-129F

05-23-2008 Received by Mr. Novak

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

06-09-2008 Touched (Yay, violated for the 1st time)

07-02-2008 Touched again!!!

07-03-2008 Touched again!!!

08-29-2008 Dave's 2nd trip to Ukraine!

09-25-2008 NOA2 (126 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

10-02-2008 Noa2 hardcopy in the mail

10-03-2008 Embassy Received

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

11-17-2008 Flight to Orlando :)

Filed: Other Timeline

Highway Star -

There are no checks occuring right now about the legitimacy of your relationship.

There are checks being performed on your American fiance insofar as the questions on the I129F regarding past prior applications with the Service or prior criminal convictions. There will be a rudimentary check on you when the petition gets to NVC.

There is anecdotal evidence in the forums that frequent air travel by the beneficiary and/or government clearances can cause hangups. But these instances are rare.

Your case is not outside of processing times and there is likely nothing wrong. The others in the thread have mostly responded well.

Filed: Timeline
Highway Star -

There are no checks occuring right now about the legitimacy of your relationship.

There are checks being performed on your American fiance insofar as the questions on the I129F regarding past prior applications with the Service or prior criminal convictions. There will be a rudimentary check on you when the petition gets to NVC.

There is anecdotal evidence in the forums that frequent air travel by the beneficiary and/or government clearances can cause hangups. But these instances are rare.

Your case is not outside of processing times and there is likely nothing wrong. The others in the thread have mostly responded well.

Thank you very much for your response. As I suspected, my colleague let his imagination run away with him, in spite of being a man of knowledge and experience. Though I work for the Italian Foreign Office, however, I have been working at the Ministry's Rome headquarters for the past seven years, and all my travelling has been for short vacations. Basically, in spite of any lofty title I may have, I am just a paper pusher :lol: .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.